The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• So... Andujar or Machado?

Let's be realistic and long term thinking too.
    Machado?
    Do the Yankees keep Andujar for the future or trade him and go after Machado during free agency next year?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    The problem with Andujar I'm hearing is defense is not good. If I'm Baltimore I'd try to get something for Machado. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    So... Andujar or Machado?

Machado?
    Do the Yankees keep Andujar for the future or trade him and go after Machado during free agency next year?
    See what Andujar can do this year and sign Machado if you don't think he's the future, right?  They're not trading for a Machado rental.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

Machado?

making the yankees hateable, again!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Don't be shy about trading Andujar if they are really going after Manny to get him.
    How many AAAA stars have we seen?
    I remember my beloved Redlegs had a dude who was a 3B and hammered HRs per year in the minors.  Brandon something.
    He fucking sucked balls and never made it as a pro.
    I think that most teams can point to a few guys who came up with all sorts of hype and sucked.
    A bird in hand...

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Don't be shy about trading Andujar if they are really going after Manny to get him.
    How many AAAA stars have we seen?
    I remember my beloved Redlegs had a dude who was a 3B and hammered HRs per year in the minors.  Brandon something.
    He fucking sucked balls and never made it as a pro.
    I think that most teams can point to a few guys who came up with all sorts of hype and sucked.
    A bird in hand...

was in the giants organization at one point....

Rick Lancellotti
    was a slugger who won three home run crowns in the minors, one in Japan and one in the Senior Professional Baseball Association. A .252 hitter in the minors, he smacked 348 home runs in his professional career (not counting winter ball), but only two in the major leagues. He topped 100 RBI three times in the minor leagues. A combination of low OBPs and defensive question marks prevented him from getting many chances in The Show. Lancellotti played in the United States, Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, Italy and Japan.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Great example of a AAAA Star
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

Machado?
    See what Andujar can do this year and sign Machado if you don't think he's the future, right?  They're not trading for a Machado rental.
    I was thinking that too.  Players tend to be a whole lot better when you have other people to hit around so if he does get hot maybe the yanks keep him.

Looking at Lux cap space I don't think they could afford Machado and or Harper?

Machado?
    I was thinking that too.  Players tend to be a whole lot better when you have other people to hit around so if he does get hot maybe the yanks keep him.

I don’t think they sign both. I don’t know that they need Harper at this point. Already have a ton of corner outfielders. I don’t think they are concerned with the luxury tax next year though. I think they whole point of getting under it is to reset the tax number going into next offseason

To the overall conversation about prospects, they break your heart. Yankees have struck gold so far this go round so will be interesting to see what happens from here
    What a glorious sight

https://twitter.com/johnchandlernbc/status/965259786588770304

Cannot wait for this season
    What a glorious sight

https://twitter.com/johnchandlernbc/status/965259786588770304

Cannot wait for this season

hateable.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Machado?

I don’t think they sign both. I don’t know that they need Harper at this point. Already have a ton of corner outfielders. I don’t think they are concerned with the luxury tax next year though. I think they whole point of getting under it is to reset the tax number going into next offseason

To the overall conversation about prospects, they break your heart. Yankees have struck gold so far this go round so will be interesting to see what happens from here
    I can't believe how many promising prospects are emerging, Senzel, Lewis, Andujar, the four yankee pitchers, Tatis Jr, Gurrero Jr, Acuna, Maitan and Adell.

Watch my Angels and that Adell fella.

Also keep an eye on the Braves and Minnesota in the next few years to reap the benefits of their farm teams.
    Yankees get Brandon Drury from Arizona in a 3 team trade with Tampa Bay
    I miss igotid88
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    ....the hell is this? C'mon now....

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

That's weak, really.

Weren't they one game away from making the WS last year?
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    cutz said:

That's weak, really.

Right. 'We traded for the NL MVP/NL HR leader to go along with the AL ROY/AL HR leader. We got GRIT.' I kid and don't like to hijack a thread, but between this and the Empire State Building being lit up Kelly Green before, and after, the Birds won the Super Bowl I'd forget what city I'm in....

What I'm saying is GOOD LUCK.
    cutz said:

That's weak, really.

or really weak.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • cutz said:

That's weak, really.

Cashman underplayed it.  The Sox do have better starting pitching.  Their addition of JD Martinez does not make them head and shoulders above the Yanks though...
    Was wondering if the lost weight would have any impact on sanchez’s Strength and power. Guess not 
    BP power?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited March 2018
    So the kids are starting in the minors with the Walker signing.  I am good with that. Torres hasn't hit at all this spring.

At the end of the day, Cashman turned Headley and Castro into Drury, Walker and Stanton.  That's comical.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Anyone listen to the CC and Ryan Rucco podcast?  Ryan gets really annoying when he talks like he's cool around CC, but it is good stuff overall.

Arod was awesome. Completely different person than you think you know.  Judge on recently. Gardner. Tons of good guests and easy conversation with CC
    Arod was awesome. Completely different person than you think you know.  

to paraphrase denny green: he is who we think he is.

phony douche like tiger.

:wave:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    So CC beat out Sonny for the 3rd spot?
    I miss igotid88
    Yankees and Red Sox are working on a deal to play 2 games in London
    I miss igotid88
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Anyone listen to the CC and Ryan Rucco podcast?  Ryan gets really annoying when he talks like he's cool around CC, but it is good stuff overall.

Arod was awesome. Completely different person than you think you know.  Judge on recently. Gardner. Tons of good guests and easy conversation with CC
    Rucco has always been annoying.
    Bird injury sounds concerning and like it could be bad. Would suck not to have him though you can’t really count on him to be healthy regardless. Would be a bummer though. Can’t hit on all these prospects
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Bird injury sounds concerning and like it could be bad. Would suck not to have him though you can’t really count on him to be healthy regardless. Would be a bummer though. Can’t hit on all these prospects
    Is it at all probable to have Stanton play 1st?
    Is it at all probable to have Stanton play 1st?
    I was wondering this too.  I mean, I don't think this is something you pull the trigger on in the short term, but if Bird continues to have injuries, I don't see why Stanton couldn't learn 1st long term, right?