what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    bluegrace said:
    My mother. She passed away recently and I'm sad, but at the same time relieved since she wasn't well.

Hey bluegrace I am so sorry to hear about your loss...are you ok?...if you need to talk just say so...sending you lots of Positive thoughts :)

• ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    I talk too much
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    i_lov_it said:
    samjam said:
    Have to miss a concert I was really looking forward to tonight because of the snow storm. But on the plus, my sister just baked some cookies that I'm eager to try and the house smells amazing!
    Which Concert samjam?
    Two of my new favorites--discovered them both this year, so was super stoked to see them on a bill together. It was Ezra Furman, with Anna Burch as the opener. They're still small artists, so hopefully they will come around again for not too much $$!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    samjam said:
    i_lov_it said:
    samjam said:
    Have to miss a concert I was really looking forward to tonight because of the snow storm. But on the plus, my sister just baked some cookies that I'm eager to try and the house smells amazing!
    Which Concert samjam?
    Two of my new favorites--discovered them both this year, so was super stoked to see them on a bill together. It was Ezra Furman, with Anna Burch as the opener. They're still small artists, so hopefully they will come around again for not too much $$!
    Sorry that you missed seeing them and I can't say I have heard of them but I'll look them up...yeah and hopefully you get to see them next time...by the way what sort of Cookies did your Sister bake? ;)
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Immortal Greek football..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Immortal..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

edited March 2018
    Music break for the non-existent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5anLPw0Efmo
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

edited March 2018
    You reap what you sow...

#somecan't(under)standit
    #mindyourownbusiness
    Post edited by Pap on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i_lov_it said:
    samjam said:
    i_lov_it said:
    samjam said:
    Which Concert samjam?
    Sorry that you missed seeing them and I can't say I have heard of them but I'll look them up...yeah and hopefully you get to see them next time...by the way what sort of Cookies did your Sister bake? ;)
    I was thinking the same thing about the cookies. :mrgreen:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

i_lov_it said:
    samjam said:
    i_lov_it said:
    samjam said:
    Which Concert samjam?
    I was thinking the same thing about the cookies. :mrgreen:

I know right ;) hehe
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    On my way to Milwaukee, if the plane ever gets off the ground. 
    Seriously have had enough of going to Wisconsin.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    i_lov_it said:
    samjam said:
    i_lov_it said:
    samjam said:
    Which Concert samjam?
    Vegan chocolate chip--not as good as the real thing, but for vegan cookies they were pretty good!

Today, just happy to be in my own bed. This weekend was long and awful and was on my mind until today, when issues got resolved. Thankful everything is ok!
    ~not a dude~
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    "..... from the band's forthcoming album..."

Yes!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    "..... from the band's forthcoming album..."

Yes!
    Oh yes!!!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    i_lov_it said:
    bluegrace said:
    My mother. She passed away recently and I'm sad, but at the same time relieved since she wasn't well.

Hey bluegrace I am so sorry to hear about your loss...are you ok?...if you need to talk just say so...sending you lots of Positive thoughts :)

Thanks! And thanks to all who have responded to what I wrote about my mum's passing. I'm basically ok. It comes and goes.
    Working from home today, which is a relief, but that's because I've got a cold. So it is all going pretty ok, after all.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
    bluegrace said:
    i_lov_it said:
    bluegrace said:

Thanks! And thanks to all who have responded to what I wrote about my mum's passing. I'm basically ok. It comes and goes.
    Working from home today, which is a relief, but that's because I've got a cold. So it is all going pretty ok, after all.

You're welcome bluegrace...I'm glad to hear that you're ok...Just want to let sending you heaps of Positive Thoughts...I am so sorry to hear that you have you a cold I hope you recover from that really soon...it's Summer here so it's still really warm...hope you feel better :)

samjam said:
    i_lov_it said:
    samjam said:
    i_lov_it said:
    samjam said:
    Which Concert samjam?
    Vegan chocolate chip--not as good as the real thing, but for vegan cookies they were pretty good!

Today, just happy to be in my own bed. This weekend was long and awful and was on my mind until today, when issues got resolved. Thankful everything is ok!

Ok sounds like they were Good Cookies then...I would definitely try them...I saw Gluten Free Macadamia Cookies in the Shop earlier today...I was reluctant to try them lol

I am so glad everything is ok then and that your issues got resolved...but having said that I am sorry to hear that your weekend was awful but I'm glad that you're ok :)

Was excited about a job interview that went really well, only to hear I didn't get the position. They gave me a shitty reason too. Oh well. Moving in summer whether I have a job or not, so just gotta keep on looking.
    ~not a dude~
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Good luck to find a great new job samjam! 
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,809
    i_lov_it said:
    samjam said:
    i_lov_it said:
    samjam said:
    i_lov_it said:
    samjam said:
    Which Concert samjam?

Ok sounds like they were Good Cookies then...I would definitely try them...I saw Gluten Free Macadamia Cookies in the Shop earlier today...I was reluctant to try them lol

I am so glad everything is ok then and that your issues got resolved...but having said that I am sorry to hear that your weekend was awful but I'm glad that you're ok :)

When men makes plan, then God laughs
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

kce8 said:
    Thanks!

I really do love my job that I have now--a lot of autonomy, a great boss, kick ass coworkers who I consider friends. However I am quite underpaid and there is no room to grow, so it is time.

We'll see where the next adventure takes me!
    ~not a dude~
    samjam said:
    kce8 said:
    Thanks!

I really do love my job that I have now--a lot of autonomy, a great boss, kick ass coworkers who I consider friends. However I am quite underpaid and there is no room to grow, so it is time.

We'll see where the next adventure takes me!
    Wish you the best Sam..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    These 3 mosquito bites on my right cheek.
    There were 3 mosquitos in my bedroom last night. I swatted 2 of them dead and could not kill the third fucker.
    I guess it drank in his 2 fallen commrades' honour.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Little bastard
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Don't ever mention Mosquito bites :nuh_uh:  :fearful: 
    :lol:
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    Interview on Wednesday, rejection today. I still have the bookstore job, but it doesn't offer health insurance. Two-years+ looking. Golly
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Devious people . Whats their fuckin deal
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -