Kiss

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    brianlux said:
    I used to think Kiss was a totally lame glam band with stupid costumes and that gawd awful tongue thing but then two bands, one that I like a lot, Cheap Trick, and one that is a long-time favorite, The Replacements, referenced/ covered them with "Surrender" and "Black Diamond".  I'm still not a huge Kiss fan, but they did make some good rock 'n' roll music... despite that gawd awful tongue thing. lol!
    Listen to Aces 1978 solo album. It's genuinely great.

I will check it out, thanks!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• If you're buying one.... buy ALIVE III

Too late. I said mine first.
    Alive ii over Destroyer?
    Love Gun and Creatures of the Night AND Torpedo Girl over Destroyer.
    I never listened to those, I will be honest.

I do know the Love Gun song and Paul wails on that one.
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    So i couldnt pull the trigger on no code 3999 almost bought backspacer for 2199 almost bought ace frehley solo for 2499

Ended up with lost dogs on cd
    Update. 
    Bought Alive II vinyl used for 12
    Bought Ace solo album for 25

Thanks I'll be spinnin the black circle tonight
  • Shyner said:
    Update. 

Envious of Alive II

Ace solo seems to be well-liked around here. I never really cared for it that much outside oh NY Groove. Congrats anyways!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Thank you. 
    Looks like I'm borrowing more money
    To buy another record today. 
    I'm hooked. 
  • Shyner said:
    Update. 

Envious of Alive II

Ace solo seems to be well-liked around here. I never really cared for it that much outside oh NY Groove. Congrats anyways!
    SPEEDING BACK TO MY BABEEEEY
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I've seen KISS a handful of times over the years. God of Thunder live is one of the greastest rock n roll spectacles ever. The best KISS show I saw was when they had Motley Crue open for them.  One of my top 10 all-time shows. And if you think PJ fans are nuts the KISS Army are completely out of their minds.

PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    red mos said:
    I've seen KISS a handful of times over the years. God of Thunder live is one of the greastest rock n roll spectacles ever. The best KISS show I saw was when they had Motley Crue open for them.  One of my top 10 all-time shows. And if you think PJ fans are nuts the KISS Army are completely out of their minds
    I saw the tour they did in 2012 ( think Motley and Kiss did this in the early 80s too. That was a great tour and show. I loved seeing all the hype for both Motley Crue and Kiss. It’s definitely something to see.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I used to think Kiss was a totally lame glam band with stupid costumes and that gawd awful tongue thing but then two bands, one that I like a lot, Cheap Trick, and one that is a long-time favorite, The Replacements, referenced/ covered them with "Surrender" and "Black Diamond".  I'm still not a huge Kiss fan, but they did make some good rock 'n' roll music... despite that gawd awful tongue thing. lol!
    Listen to Aces 1978 solo album. It's genuinely great.

I will check it out, thanks!
    Did you check it out?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Just wanna say - Revenge is a strong album. Can't stand Pauls "writing songs with my dick"-songs. But there are some cool songs on that album.
    I like Paul i give him a free pass cause he's so damn cool
    edited March 2018
    Shyner said:
    I like Paul i give him a free pass cause he's so damn cool
    He's the least cool in the band. Regardless of lineup. Haha.

The very defentin of a try-hard. Hehe :)
    Haha . it's good to laugh
    I gotta say listening to Paul talk in between songs is just as good as listening to Eddie talk
    Actually it's priceless
    Shyner said:
    Haha . it's good to laugh
    I gotta say listening to Paul talk in between songs is just as good as listening to Eddie talk
    Actually it's priceless
    WHENEVER WE PLAY THIS SONG THE PLACE LIGHTS UP LIKE A DAMN CHRISTMAS TREE

(Before... Forever I think on Alive III)

He's entertaining. But so bad. :)
    edited March 2018
    I guess because i was in kindergarten when i seen them play on tv. It was so huge
    I was a Gene fan .Paul is the heart though
    A leader .A great actor as well. 
    When i got old it was Ace and then for a few years i was mad at gene and paul for what happened contractually. Peter is a good singer reminds me of kc
    Post edited by Shyner on
    edited March 2018
    KISS

Post edited by Shyner on
  • DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    I decided to throw Kiss meets the phantom of the park on tonight. Does it get any worse than this movie? So bad. But still love it. 
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    I decided to throw Kiss meets the phantom of the park on tonight. Does it get any worse than this movie? So bad. But still love it. 

Haven't seen that in forever. Wasn't Ace's voice badly dubbed in or something to that effect?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

Haven't seen that in forever. Wasn't Ace's voice badly dubbed in or something to that effect?
    He´s played by a black man.
    I haven't seen it actually... hmm.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    Any interest or love here for Unmasked!? Just out of interest? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    Me, not being a fan when it came out, like it. 

I dig Aces songs on it... but I don't have a problem with KISS singing about Torpedo Girls etc. 
    KISS pinball in FRiday the 13th part 2:

• DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    I like the album. Is that you? Is one of my fav kiss songs. There's some good stuff on Unmasked. 

But I can understand what some people don't like this era. More of a pop sound on many songs. 

I'm excited that I'll be visiting Kiss monster mini golf while in Vegas next week. There's a whole store full of stuff and a little mini museum. 
    Gene with Vinnie was kind of weird yesterday.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Have any of you ever seen Kiss live? They came to Ireland in 2010, and it was one of the most memorable shows I ever attended. Like a circus.
    Saw them 1st on the Love Gun tour and a couple of years later after Dynasty. 3rd time when they reunited with all original members in the 90s and then a few years back with Motley Crue. All spectacles but the first was larger than life.

Kiss Alive is such a great album.
    #FHP
    Horos said:
    Have any of you ever seen Kiss live? They came to Ireland in 2010, and it was one of the most memorable shows I ever attended. Like a circus.
    Saw them 1st on the Love Gun tour and a couple of years later after Dynasty. 3rd time when they reunited with all original members in the 90s and then a few years back with Motley Crue. All spectacles but the first was larger than life.

How was that reunion tour? Was it really good, or more sloppy but cool to see them again. Peter Criss seemed tired (but happy) from the getgo... but maybe that's just his drumming style.
    Horos said:

Kiss Alive III is - if you remove the blatant sexism - REALLY good.