RSD 2018

Comments

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Probably my #1:
    The Chris Robinson Brotherhood - Live Raven's Reels--Knoxville (4Lp box set)
    Me too.  1500 copies or was it 1200? Can’t remember, but that may be a tough one to find.

1200 copies. and I need 1
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    jjflash said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I may need an assist this year...we will be in Belize on RSD
    RSD or Belize? Belize takes the cake!!
    We visited there a couple of summers ago. Beautiful, rural, lush country where tarantulas are native. Keep an eye for them...kinda cool to see them in their native habitat :tired_face:
    PM me if you need an assist....will be glad to try and help you out. 
    Thanks, man! I may take you up on that!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    dankind said:
    Along with the Waits releases, The Search for Animal Chin soundtrack is a must.
    I missed that!  Might have to go now.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I’ve never even heard of that movie.  I feel like my adolescence was a lie
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    It was a skateboard movie when skating was still underground.

It opened up my eyes to what was the future of skating to come in the form of a Mr Rodney Mullen.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

It opened up my eyes to what was the future of skating to come in the form of a Mr Rodney Mullen.

I only heard of it because my friend used to live in the same neighborhood as a professional skater when we were kids.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136

lolobugg said:

I only heard of it because my friend used to live in the same neighborhood as a professional skater when we were kids.
    Huh.  Now it makes me wonder if I’ve seen it or not.  Wouldn’t have remembered the name of it anyway, but there’s a few 80’s skateboarding movies I remember
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    lolobugg said:

I had older cousins that were part of the first skating pioneers so I was brought into it early when I was in socal.

What skater Logan?
    edited March 2018
    lolobugg said:

I had older cousins that were part of the first skating pioneers so I was brought into it early when I was in socal.

What skater Logan?

Jamie Thomas... and he swears Jason Lee used to skate with him too. they were a few years older than me though so I never met them. they moved to Cali in the early 90s.

I just remember that they idolized some dude named Natas. I never even heard of him until I wiki'd him today.

Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:

What skater Logan?

Jamie Thomas... and he swears Jason Lee used to skate with him too. they were a few years older than me though so I never met them. they moved to Cali in the early 90s.

I just remember that they idolized some dude named Natas. I never even heard of him until I wiki'd him today.

Natas Kaupas.  Dude was a beast.  It honestly wouldn't surprise me if your friend skated with Jason Lee, either.  Before skateboarding and BMX gained the big corporate popularity they're known for now, it was pretty common for even the pros to show up at random meets in random cities in the early to mid 90s.  Hell, my best friend used to ride flatland with Kevin Jones and Chase Gouin and won 1st place in the very first regional X-Games (before they went completely national).  Another buddy of mine who was an instructor at Woodward, just had a couple paintings done for him by none other than Mat Hoffman.
    edited March 2018
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:

What skater Logan?

Natas Kaupas.  Dude was a beast.  It honestly wouldn't surprise me if your friend skated with Jason Lee, either.  Before skateboarding and BMX gained the big corporate popularity they're known for now, it was pretty common for even the pros to show up at random meets in random cities in the early to mid 90s.  Hell, my best friend used to ride flatland with Kevin Jones and Chase Gouin and won 1st place in the very first regional X-Games (before they went completely national).  Another buddy of mine who was an instructor at Woodward, just had a couple paintings done for him by none other than Mat Hoffman.

That's pretty cool. My friend was really into it. I can't skate for shit, I never got fully immersed in the culture.

I remember him "tagging" Natas name on some "mural" we were painting. :lol:

Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Record Store Day is a funny one for me. Most of the coolest stuff that comes out each year is often stuff that I own in some sort of format already. Having said that, there were years where I had a good level of income and as a result just threw a heap of money over the counter then.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:

What skater Logan?

That's pretty cool. My friend was really into it. I can't skate for shit, I never got fully immersed in the culture.

I remember him "tagging" Natas name on some "mural" we were painting. :lol:

Don Pendleton is still friends with Natas.  He ollied higher than anyone ever at the time he was around.  He once ollied on top of a volkswagon bug, lol!

I had the Jason Lee Bowie deck back in the day.  I'm sure that thing is worth a fortune now...
  • DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    I... may skip this RSD... :disappointed:
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    DW139059 said:
    I... may skip this RSD... :disappointed:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    Every year I think I’m going to have all the chill leading up to RSD. Then the list comes out and I’m like a kid waiting for Christmas. 
    I was listening to Jesus Jones "Perverse" on the way to work this morning.  Zeroes & Ones is such a damn good tune.  I may have to go out for that 25th ann'y single.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I sent my wantlist to my local record store last Tuesday. He's not comfortable ordering what he doesn't think will sell, so he requests that I send him my lists, knowing that I'll follow through if he orders off of them. I give him way too much money, lol. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I sent my wantlist to my local record store last Tuesday. He's not comfortable ordering what he doesn't think will sell, so he requests that I send him my lists, knowing that I'll follow through if he orders off of them. I give him way too much money, lol. 
    Does he hold them for you, or does he put them on the shelf for the general public.  That would be pretty badass if they hold 'em for you.  Saves waiting in line for hours :)
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Any chance you could add a few to your list for me pretty please??
     B)  B)
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    derbydave said:

Gotta get this one...
    and we get to see The National perform Boxer live in Cincinnati at The Homecoming a few days later!!
    Also interested in the Wilco, Car Seat Headrest, Soundgarden and The Sundays releases!!

:prayer:    :smiley:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    I've already preordered the Roxy lp from Neil Young's website; that was the only thing on this list I wanted to get
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Nope, he doesn't hold them. That would be against the spirit of the event. He just knows that if I tell him that I will buy something, that I will buy it. I wait in line like everyone else. I might do 3 a.m. this year, if nothing to piss off the old lady. She likes to go with me, but not getting up that early. Me, I never sleep.
  • RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    RoeDawg13 said:
    RoeDawg13 said:
    I may need a hand with The Trews - House of Ill Fame, looks to be a Canadian only release, if there's a US only release anyone wants to do a trade for or something, I'm game. Also, that Buckley live album is enough to get me in line by itself.
    Hey, I can likely help you out with the Trews. Big fan myself and will try to grab two copies
    That would be great. Nice to see another fan on here too.
    I've hit up my usual local shops and no luck in the States for this. If you're still able to lend a hand, would you like me to send you funds up front? I know there's no guarantee you'll be able to pick it up with a limited release, I don't want you to worry about getting burned though.
    I am wired and fading...
    Amped. 

Gonna hit up reckless Records and the Numero pop up sale in Chicago.
    Really happy a lot of the releases are RSD first this year (Soundgarden/National). No need to rush out to get them or pay up on secondary markets.

• jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    After reviewing the list a handful of times, the only things I'll pick up are the Wilco and Neil Young releases.  Maybe the Rage as an impulse buy.  
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Soundgarden A-sides will be colored vinyl.
    I didn't realize it was an RSD first release. So I guess a black version will be everywhere by this summer. Thats cool.
  • RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 294
    Looking for a fellow Canadian friend to help me get my hands on The Glorious Sons The Union CRSD release. I live in the states and it won't be released here unfortunately. If you can help, let me know. Thanks!