Rogue Stoner’s Joint

Comments

• northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Holy crap! It is 44 degrees outside. And I just had to go for a drive. When the bars empty and all the cops are out. Luckily I must look very non-threatening since I usually get a friendly smile and nod or even a wave a couple times. Very lucky for me tonight since I passed 4 of them tonight. And I can’t drive for shit at night! :relieved:
    Or anytime really. :rofl:
    Excuse me, I happen to be an excellent driver. You wouldn’t believe how many accidents I’ve avoided. ;)

Don’t make me throw rice at you again. :tongue:
    Don't forget your stool. :lol:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited March 2018
    Does RS have worms?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    dankind said:
    Does RS have worms?
    :rofl:  Not that kind of stool! 

The first time ND and I met irl, I picked her up from the airport. Since I’m 5’1” and she’s so damn tall...naturally I brought along a step stool so I can give her a proper hug. Because I’m a goofball like that. The look on her face was priceless! :rofl:

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Holy crap! It is 44 degrees outside. And I just had to go for a drive. When the bars empty and all the cops are out. Luckily I must look very non-threatening since I usually get a friendly smile and nod or even a wave a couple times. Very lucky for me tonight since I passed 4 of them tonight. And I can’t drive for shit at night! :relieved:
    Excuse me, I happen to be an excellent driver. You wouldn’t believe how many accidents I’ve avoided. ;)

https://youtu.be/f3Va1VCmq2s
    Hobbes said:

https://youtu.be/f3Va1VCmq2s
    :rofl:  Yup, that’s exactly how I sound. 
    I just realized it’s Throwback Tuesday. Does anyone have anything to share?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I just realized it’s Throwback Tuesday. Does anyone have anything to share?
    Only that it's Thursday.

Welcome to your Thursday, RS!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Oops. I guess my throwback was to Tuesday. :rofl:
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Wait a minute- it's Tuesday?  What the...?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    Wait a minute- it's Tuesday?  What the...?
    Apparently it was to me yesterday. :lol:
    Another Friday night. I’m too messed up to post. :lol:
    Well, no crazy posts tonight. I was pretty busy. But it was fun and I did get video of another forum member singing. :giggle:
    unfortunately, he also got video of me “singing”. Blackmail sucks. :lol:
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Well come on RS...pass it around :tongue:;) lol
    Puff, puff, damn, I always forget that last part.
    Playing poker tonight. I don’t know how to play poker. What I do know is that I have absolutely no poker face. I’m very easy to read. So my strategy is to not bother looking at my cards. I figure...same odds either way. :lol:
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    If I was a dude I would totally say this line that just popped into my mind. Oh screw it, I'm in RS's Joint tonight!!

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear!!!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Words to guide a journey by.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Playing poker tonight. I don’t know how to play poker. What I do know is that I have absolutely no poker face. I’m very easy to read. So my strategy is to not bother looking at my cards. I figure...same odds either way. :lol:
    :lol:

Player one:  "I'll call."
    Player two: "Call."
    Player three: "Call."
    Rogue Stoner: "Call"

Player one: "OK, Rogue, whatcha got?"

Rogue Stoner:  "I dunno, let me look... 
                             ...ahhhhh, sheeee-it!"

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Just raise every bet.  Speed up the inevitable
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    "I have 5 red cards!  I win! I win!"

If I was a dude I would totally say this line that just popped into my mind. Oh screw it, I'm in RS's Joint tonight!!

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear!!!
    :rofl:

brianlux said:

Player one:  "I'll call."
    Player two: "Call."
    Player three: "Call."
    Rogue Stoner: "Call"

Player one: "OK, Rogue, whatcha got?"

Rogue Stoner:  "I dunno, let me look... 
                             ...ahhhhh, sheeee-it!"

:lol:  That was pretty much it exactly except I was actually winning. One new guy was at our table and got pissed off and we overheard him grumbling about beginner’s luck. No dude, I wasn’t looking at my cards because I was playing the people, not the cards. 
    Unfortunately, I wasn’t feeling well and after almost 3 hours, just did exactly what F me said to get out of the game. Good call. :lol:
    Next game is in the Fall and then it’s on! :smiley:
    Oh, I may have smoked a bit too much before I showed up. Someone asked for cards and I asked, “Why do we need cards?”  :lol:
    Words to guide a journey by.
    I'm sure they are posted in a dark, seedy bar somewhere in my home state :lol:
    Oh, I may have smoked a bit too much before I showed up. Someone asked for cards and I asked, “Why do we need cards?”  :lol:
    Lmaooo Dare I ask...did you make any money?
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em', know when to walk away know when to run. You never look at your cards when you're sittin the rogue table there'll be time enough for cards at Hallmark. :lol:
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited March 2018
    Took my family to see Willie Nelson friday night at a local amphitheatre about 5 mins away. They had a dress code of shirt, shoes, and pants. Got the tix, but my grandpa got all worked up about the no shorts policy because he said he can't get his "shrunken donk out of (his) pants to take a piss anymore". Something about balls being too low, unable to get past the zipper flap, he'd piss himself. He almost bailed because of it, but we both wore shorts and his Willie turned out to be a non issue at Willie. :lol: Nelson put on a great show, and I'd suggest seeing him if you can because I think his health might be slowly declining unfortunately.

Just Roll Me Up n Smoke Me When I Die
    https://youtu.be/kn-AB78kvvE

My Medicine
    https://youtu.be/fWCa3GvbNUE

Woke Up Still not Dead Again Today
    https://youtu.be/G97V_aQ4eeY

It's All Going to Pot
    https://youtu.be/S-sBlrClJc0

I kinda wanted to see him play Just Breathe as well, but no dice.

Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Lmaooo Dare I ask...did you make any money?
    At my best, I tripled my stack and made it down from 4 tables to 2, but then I just wanted out (stupid nerve pain). Plus, the guys at the end table always act like they’re playing in Vegas for a million. They would NOT be happy to see a newbie there. 
    But I had a great time. :)
    You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em', know when to walk away know when to run. You never look at your cards when you're sittin the rogue table there'll be time enough for cards at Hallmark. :lol:
    :rofl:
    Love your story about your grandpa! Unfortunately I can relate with the peeing issue. :giggle:

I love Willie!!’ I got so lucky to see him a couple of years ago at a small venue with a rotating stage and great seats (Willie’s wife was kind enough to arrange tickets through a friend, so very sweet of her). It was an awesome show but I do worry about his health as well. So cool you got to see him and thanks for posting the song links. I love those! :)
    Took my family to see Willie Nelson friday night at a local amphitheatre about 5 mins away. They had a dress code of shirt, shoes, and pants. Got the tix, but my grandpa got all worked up about the no shorts policy because he said he can't get his "shrunken donk out of (his) pants to take a piss anymore". Something about balls being too low, unable to get past the zipper flap, he'd piss himself. He almost bailed because of it, but we both wore shorts and his Willie turned out to be a non issue at Willie. :lol: Nelson put on a great show, and I'd suggest seeing him if you can because I think his health might be slowly declining unfortunately.

Just Roll Me Up n Smoke Me When I Die
    https://youtu.be/kn-AB78kvvE

My Medicine
    https://youtu.be/fWCa3GvbNUE

Woke Up Still not Dead Again Today
    https://youtu.be/G97V_aQ4eeY

It's All Going to Pot
    https://youtu.be/S-sBlrClJc0

I kinda wanted to see him play Just Breathe as well, but no dice.

Funny story about grandpa's "Willie"!  :lol:

Of all the many shows I've been to over the years, seeing Willie Nelson and Family was one of the best.  The sound was terrific!  It was like sitting in a living room with perfect balance to the sound and this was an outdoor show!  The band was amazing and Willie manages to play each song with a specific feel for the occasion.  He's never just dialing it in.  Each song is played with love for the music.  Amazing!