INTRODUCING THE VITALOGY FOUNDATION CHARITY TICKETS

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
https://pearljam.com/news/introducing-the-vitalogy-foundation-charity-tickets-1519967106

INTRODUCING THE VITALOGY FOUNDATION CHARITY TICKETS

A CHANCE TO GET TICKETS TO THE SOLD-OUT SHOWS & SUPPORT PEARL JAM’S VITALOGY FOUNDATION

NEWS MARCH 2 2018

Get tickets to the sold-out Home and Away Shows while supporting Pearl Jam's Vitalogy Foundation through a new ticketing program dubbed Vitalogy Foundation Charity Tickets.

Ticket prices are based on Market Value at the time of sale, and all proceeds over the base ticket price plus fees will go to the Foundation.

Get your Vitalogy Foundation Charity Tickets*:

City

Venue

DateTickets
Seattle, WA

Safeco Field

Aug. 8On Sale
Seattle, WA

Safeco Field

Aug. 10On Sale
Missoula, MT

Washington-Grizzly Stadium

Aug. 13On Sale
Chicago, IL

Wrigley Field

Aug. 18On Sale
Chicago, IL

Wrigley Field

Aug. 20On Sale
Boston, MA

Fenway Park

Sept. 2On Sale
Boston, MA

Fenway Park

Sept. 4

On Sale

*The Foundation will provide each ticket purchaser with a tax receipt for the charitable contribution portion of the ticket price, which can be given to personal tax-advisors for deductibility options.

*All ticket sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges. No name transfers. No reselling.  No exceptions. 

*Reselling these tickets will result in cancellation of ticket purchase with no refund.

*Vitalogy Foundation Charity Tickets must be picked up by the purchaser with government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, school ID) at the Will Call window of the venue box office on the day of the show. ID must match the purchaser name on the order.  No exceptions.

Comments

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    $750 a ticket just FYI

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    edited March 2018
    Section 120 for Safeco on August 8th and 10th

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    and they seem to be gone for fenway!
    Aisle 131 Row 12 for Wrigley

B157 Row EE for Fenway

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Crap if that is where they are putting generous people donating $750 per ticket...then my 10C seats are going to be wayyyy back.  (Seattle 1 was where I checked.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    If they're selling those at "markst value" does that mean i can sell my GA for $1000! Lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    JimmyV said:
    B157 Row EE for Fenway

Looks like we will be seatmates!

I bought tickets for night 1; based on where we sat at Wrigley in 2016, these are better seats that I will get with my 10C number (419...)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    JimmyV said:
    B157 Row EE for Fenway

I bought tickets for night 1; based on where we sat at Wrigley in 2016, these are better seats that I will get with my 10C number (419...)
    I was just checking where the seats were. Congrats on your purchase though and enjoy the show!

JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    B157 Row EE for Fenway

I was just checking where the seats were. Congrats on your purchase though and enjoy the show!

Ah. Thanks! I was hoping to get tickets to night 1, since we already were flying out from SoCal for night 2. Grateful for the opportunity. :-)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    edited March 2018
    Never mind -- sold out, lol.
    Post edited by curmudgeoness on
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    edited March 2018
    $750 a ticket just FYI
    Post edited by bgirl59 on
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    Crap if that is where they are putting generous people donating $750 per ticket...then my 10C seats are going to be wayyyy back.  (Seattle 1 was where I checked.)
    This is the part where I express how grateful I am to even be at Fenway on the last day of the tour, so grateful to be behind the generous people- its going to be awesome....
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    yep!
    Just a hunch but I think many if not most of us who bought tickets through 10c will be closer than this. It looks like these seats are behind what has been fan club seats in the past. But, with so many more of us getting tickets this year it's hard to know for sure.

• NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    JimmyV said:
    B157 Row EE for Fenway

I too got these tics. Does anyone know if B157 would be B1 on the floor seating chart
    Should be Box 157, along 3rd baseline

• NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Should be Box 157, along 3rd baseline

Thanks!
  • BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 397
    Did I understand this right? Did a Charity organization just establishe the “fair market value” for pj Tix’s? At $750 each?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    BRONDO said:
    Did I understand this right? Did a Charity organization just establishe the “fair market value” for pj Tix’s? At $750 each?
    I wouldn't get too hung up on press release language. They're selling tickets at a markup and the overage goes to charity.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    BRONDO said:
    It's PJ's charity organization
    edited March 2018
    BRONDO said:

<<Ticket prices are based on Market Value at the time of sale, and all proceeds over the base ticket price plus fees will go to the Foundation.>>

I'm not a tax professional, but in my experience "fair market value" is a standard term used for tax purposes. If you go to a charity event, and tickets are $500, you will receive a receipt saying that the FMV of goods and services you received (dinner and entertainment, most likely) is, say, $200; so $300 of the 500 you paid counts as a tax-deductible donation.

Edit to add: There is a difference between "Fair Market Value" (indicated at the end of the sentence I quoted above) and "Market Value" in that sentence, which is the premium one might have to pay to a reseller. Um, in other words, what the poster above me said, and I only got three hours of sleep last night.

In this case, they are saying that FMV is what you would have paid for the tickets had you snagged a pair during the presale or from Ticketmaster; the remainder is a tax-deductible donation to the Vitalogy Foundation. I haven't been on StubHub to see how much tickets are going for on the resale market, but to me the mark-up felt about right. And I'm going to an event tonight that is doing something similar: in addition to the usual live auction items, they are offering marked-up admission to a special event to the first X number of people who agree to pay a set amount of money.
    Post edited by curmudgeoness on
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

https://pearljam.com/news/vitalogy-foundation-charity-tickets-available-now-1522713383

VITALOGY FOUNDATION CHARITY TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW

NEWS APRIL 6 2018

Another batch of ‘Vitalogy Foundation Charity Tickets’ are now available for all of Pearl Jam’s sold-out summer tour dates in the U.S.

Ticket prices are based on Market Value at the time of sale. All proceeds over the base ticket price plus fees will go to Pearl Jam’s Vitalogy Foundation to support non-profit organizations doing commendable work in the fields of community health, the environment, arts & education and social change.

The Home Shows X The Away Shows

City

Venue

DateTickets
    Seattle, WA

Safeco Field

Aug. 8On Sale
    Seattle, WA

Safeco Field

Aug. 10On Sale
    Missoula, MT

Washington-Grizzly Stadium

Aug. 13On Sale
    Chicago, IL

Wrigley Field

Aug. 18On Sale
    Chicago, IL

Wrigley Field

Aug. 20On Sale
    Boston, MA

Fenway Park

Sept. 2On Sale
    Boston, MA

Fenway Park

Sept. 4

On Sale

*The Foundation will provide each ticket purchaser with a tax receipt for the charitable contribution portion of the ticket price, which can be given to personal tax-advisors for deductibility options.

*All ticket sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges. No name transfers. No reselling.  No exceptions. 

*Reselling these tickets will result in cancellation of ticket purchase with no refund.

*‘Vitalogy Foundation Charity Tickets’ must be picked up by the purchaser with government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, school ID) at the Will Call window of the venue box office on the day of the show. ID must match the purchaser name on the order.  No exceptions.

Tickets still available. $750 a pop.
  • jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 831
    Are they GA?
    ...........and Evelyn 

• SmozillaSmozilla Chicago, IL Posts: 12
    edited April 2018
    Are they GA?
    Not GA. But if they were...there wouldn't be any left. 
    Post edited by Smozilla on
    1991: 11/29 Aragon Ballroom, Chicago IL
    1992: 08/02 World Music Theatre, Tinley Park IL
    1995: 07/11 Soldier Field, Chicago IL
    1998: 06/26 Alpine Valley, East Troy WI; 06/29 United Center, Chicago IL
    2000: 10/09 Allstate Arena, Rosemont IL
    2003: 06/18 United Center, Chicago IL; 06/21 Alpine Valley, East Troy WI
    2006: 05/22 Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills MI; 12/09 Aloha Stadium, Honolulu HI
    2008: 06/25 Madison Square Garden, New York NY; 08/21 Auditorium Theatre, Chicago IL (EV)
    2009: 08/23 + 08/24 United Center, Chicago IL
    2010: 05/07 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Noblesville IN
    2011: 06/28 Chicago Theatre, Chicago IL (EV); 09/12 Air Canada Centre, Toronto ON
    2013: 07/19 Wrigley Field, Chicago IL; 11/21 Viejas Arena, San Diego CA
    2014: 10/16 Joe Louis Arena, Detroit MI
    2016: 04/20 PNC Arena, Raleigh NC; 04/21 Colonial Life Arena, Columbia SC; 08/22 Wrigley Field, Chicago IL
    2018: 06/13 Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam NL; 08/18 + 08/20 Wrigley Field, Chicago IL 
    2019: 09/28 Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA (EV)
    2022: 02/06 NJPAC, New Jersey, NJ (EV) + 09/16 Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN + 09/22 Ball Arena, Denver, CO
    2023: 09/05 + 09/07 United Center, Chicago IL

Another batch of ‘Vitalogy Foundation Charity Tickets’ are now available for all of Pearl Jam’s sold-out summer tour dates in the U.S.