Options

Ticket Buddy Question

risrisrisris Posts: 76
edited February 2018 in The Porch
This is my first time purchasing 10c tickets. I got tickets for both Seattle shows and Boston 2. However I am thinking about coming out for Boston 1. I know people offer tickets on here so getting one won’t be an issue. 
I have a ticket for night 2 that I am willing to trade with someone for night 1(which I understand is ok to do). 
However because of my membership number, my seat won’t be the premium ones(unless I win the 1,2,9,10 lottery).  If possible I was looking to trade with someone with a much higher number to get as close as possible(Never had the opportunity to stand so close). 

I know that it is quite frowned upon to sell for more than face value on here so my question is:

Would you do anything for that person(legally of course) because if the difference in seat quality?
Post edited by risris on

Comments

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    I wouldn't. I don't know if I would make the deal (depends how bad your seats are! :D) but if I did, it would be a straight swap. They both cost the same, didn't they?

I don't have tickets, BTW.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Usually reserved seat trades are between fans who have somewhat of equal membership numbers.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    That would be up to you and the person you deal with.  Free beer for the pre-game, perhaps? 
    Anyone that has a primo seat will likely already be hooked up with a ticket buddy that owes them for life for getting them close -- or, more likely, someone with a similarly low 10 Club # to swap for the other Boston show.

You want someone with a much lower #.  Higher is worse.  (Unfortunately I know it all too well.)

You can always go for GA at some point if you go to a venue that has it and if you get it, you can wait in line to get super close and get in line at the end to still get a good view (depending on your height)

If you joined in 2009 your seats should not be too bad.  I joined after you in 2010 (or so it says ;) ) and my seats are usually not too bad.  They suck compared to someone from the early 90s, of course, but I can see and I can hear and I am around other 10C fans.

I think just posting what your # range is and saying you are looking to swap extras for the other night with a member with a great number is enough.  Maybe someone will be there and be happy to sit with you for a few nights...even if the night w/their tickets is closer.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    risrisrisris Posts: 76

If you joined in 2009 your seats should not be too bad.  I joined after you in 2010 (or so it says ;) ) and my seats are usually not too bad.  They suck compared to someone from the early 90s, of course, but I can see and I can hear and I am around other 10C fans.

I think just posting what your # range is and saying you are looking to swap extras for the other night with a member with a great number is enough.  Maybe someone will be there and be happy to sit with you for a few nights...even if the night w/their tickets is closer.
    Unfortunately I joined in 2009 but wasn't a paid member until 2015 so i'm in the 600's in terms of membership number.  For me I'm willing to go up to 30 rows back but i'm not expecting miracles.  I'll definitely be happy with what I get.  With the extra 10c seats for fans and the fact it didn't go below 99% Boston 2 I think my tickets could be better than the last time they played Fenway.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    A number in 600’s and your willing to go go 30 rows back?  I’m confused, are you saying you will only trade with someone who has a much lower number than you
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    A number in 600’s and your willing to go go 30 rows back?  I’m confused, are you saying you will only trade with someone who has a much lower number than you
    I think what he/she is asking, is it OK to 'sweeten' the deal if he were to 'trade up' with a member who has much better seniority?

Short answer is it is against the 10c rules