Wrigley Field: August 18th and 20th Roll Call

Comments

• giventoflyinbuffalogiventoflyinbuffalo Buffalo NY Posts: 11
    Coming from Buffalo I'll be in GA night 1 and Reserved night 2..memeber #149XXX see everyone there
    I won the 10 club contest last year for the hall of fame induction Ceremony in Brooklyn..so been very fortunate in lottery and raffles
    thanks 10 club for everything
  • Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    edited February 2018
    FoxyRedLa said:
    There are ALOT of hotels in CHI! I just want the one I had last time damn it.
    The Conrad is tight. It's on the the Mag.
  • BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,004
    I'm cashing in some of my Hilton points and will be staying at the downtown Hampton Inn
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • If I stay at a friends house in Naperville, what are the logistics?  Train?
  • ryan_kellettryan_kellett Posts: 28
    edited February 2018
    If I stay at a friends house in Naperville, what are the logistics?  Train?
    Yes.  Drink  a 6 pack on the Metra from Naperville to Union Station.  Roughly a four  block walk to the Red Line from Union Station. Take the RedLine Northbound to the Addison (Wrigley Field) stop. (15 Minutes or so) And vice versa on the way back.   Last train leaves Union Station at 12:40 am.  Curfew at Wrigley is 11:30 pm.  You'll be straight.

The Naperville Metra station is on the BNSF line.
    https://metrarail.com/maps-schedules/train-lines/BNSF

Post edited by ryan_kellett on
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Will be staying around Mag mile.  Did it last time, took the subway to Addison no problem.  Stop is 5-10 min walk to the stadium.  Was little tight after the show on the trains, but it beats driving or taxis.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • We are making the trip by car driving up the 17th were able to get a room at the Congress.  Possible stupid question but do the 10club peeps meet up anywhere before the shows to hang out etc?
    Yep! There are usually 10C preshow events leading up to the concert including a meet and greet the night before IIRC. Details will come as we get closer. I wasn’t able to attend the ones at Fenway in 2016 (from Boston so was visiting with family), but planning on attending one or more 10C events in Chicago. 
    Totally excited! Looking forward to the whole experience in general. I will keep look out for updates. Come on August!
    The Wishlist Foundation events pages are up on facebook:

Night 1: https://www.facebook.com/events/331866270636689/
    Night 2: https://www.facebook.com/events/188746711873775/

Also... has anyone ever stayed at the River Hotel on Wacker?  I got a pretty decent rate on it but I'm considering just doing the Congress again as its cheaper and damn decent.

Ok..dont laugh..because i do get alot of grief over this from friends..coworkers..i do not have a Facebook page....too much drama on there for me at times lol. I have not stayed at river hotel but I did book one at Congress for this show. 
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,799
    edited February 2018
    We got GA for both days my first time GA at Wrigley. I only won 1 day last year .and GA for Cincy 2014 and GA for Cleveland 2010 in my 20 plus pj.eV.Brad.RNDM shows all and iam nonsmartphoner so they said they are still working the details oit with that. Peace out Jamly see you in Chicago.and we ate staying at the getaway hostel.
    Post edited by trees on

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    We are making the trip by car driving up the 17th were able to get a room at the Congress.  Possible stupid question but do the 10club peeps meet up anywhere before the shows to hang out etc?
    Yep! There are usually 10C preshow events leading up to the concert including a meet and greet the night before IIRC. Details will come as we get closer. I wasn’t able to attend the ones at Fenway in 2016 (from Boston so was visiting with family), but planning on attending one or more 10C events in Chicago. 
    Totally excited! Looking forward to the whole experience in general. I will keep look out for updates. Come on August!

Also... has anyone ever stayed at the River Hotel on Wacker?  I got a pretty decent rate on it but I'm considering just doing the Congress again as its cheaper and damn decent.

Ok..dont laugh..because i do get alot of grief over this from friends..coworkers..i do not have a Facebook page....too much drama on there for me at times lol. I have not stayed at river hotel but I did book one at Congress for this show. 
    No judgement here lol I barely use mine other than the tenclub group 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100

Coming in from St. Catharines Canada for night 2.

I might have an extra GA ticket.

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    Coming from CT for both shows.  Looks like Uber for us too.  I'm never in a hurry to leave after a show so I'm not too worried about hanging around :-)
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    We are making the trip by car driving up the 17th were able to get a room at the Congress.  Possible stupid question but do the 10club peeps meet up anywhere before the shows to hang out etc?

The Congress Hotel is haunted
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • chadaw76 said:

Even better...lol hopefully the ghosties are  pj fans:). I think that is actually cool. 
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    chadaw76 said:

Even better...lol hopefully the ghosties are  pj fans:). I think that is actually cool. 
    The hotel actually has a nice lobby bar. It's a good place to have some drinks. However when you get off the elevator I can't promise you that you won't see those twin girls from the Shining.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • Dug1200Dug1200 Chicago Posts: 188
    edited February 2018
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Ok what is the magnificent mile? What are skydecks? And loops refer to the train?
    Mag Mile = shopping along Michigan Ave
    Skydeck = observation/look out from Sears Tower.  Hancock building has similar too with bar and restaurant.  This is off Mag Mile.
    Loop = downtown.  There is West Loop and South Loop too these are neighborhoods like Wrigleyville, Lincoln Park, Wicker Park etc. 

As many mentioned, stay close/ walking distance from the Red Line and you'll be fine.  I wouldn't stay farther South than 18th or North of Montrose

Pequods for pizza.  You can skip Lou, Gino's, and Giordanos IMO
    Post edited by Dug1200 on
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Dug!! Thank you!! Hotel hunting is not easy in such a city I don't know. I'll search hotels near the red line. I will definitely try your pizza spot if I can. I always just drive in right before the show and leave early morning. Thank you!!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    chadaw76 said:

that is pretty cool........

have they finally resolved the labor dispute.

I remember something about picket lines or something back in the day.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• lolobugg said:
    chadaw76 said:

that is pretty cool........

have they finally resolved the labor dispute.

I remember something about picket lines or something back in the day.

I used to spend alot of time in chicago for work..at least 4_5 times a year but no longer with that company so been about 3 since I've been there. Would take the train up and stayed at the hotels close to millennium park.  Hyatt regency...swiss..fairmont...rhise r too expensive for me on my own lol never stayed at congress but area seemed ok. Hopefully no picketing...hiping to head to navy pier for a bit or check out the house if blues again while I'm there
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Dug!! Thank you!! Hotel hunting is not easy in such a city I don't know. I'll search hotels near the red line. I will definitely try your pizza spot if I can. I always just drive in right before the show and leave early morning. Thank you!!
    No problem.  Good luck 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    hey locals, is going to the top of the sears tower worth it or is it jammed up with annoying tourists like myself?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    hope I can pull a few seats tomorrow in the verified draw for Monday.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I've been up there a couple of times. Day and night. It's pretty neat to check it out. They show you a video about the construction before loading you into an elevator and taking you up. My eyes water like crazy as my ears pop continuously and I begin to think my head will explode.

I have not gone up there since they added the plexiglass looking box you can step out on. That seems pretty awesome. You step over the threshold of the building and into a glass box and straight below you are the streets. It'll probably run you and the wife $40 and kill an hour or two.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    edited February 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    hey locals, is going to the top of the sears tower worth it or is it jammed up with annoying tourists like myself?
    It's a cool view, but you can get similar at the bar on top of Hancock building for free.  Their observation deck you might have to pay though, not sure only been to bar and restaurant.  Might want to look into the city pass or explorer pass if you are going to do touristy stuff.  Groupon usually has them.  The one tourist thing that I say is a must is the architectural boat tours.  One of those passes it's an option.

Costco has them https://www.costco.com/Chicago-Choose-4-Explorer-ePass.product.100112256.html
    Post edited by Dug1200 on
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    Coming from Newfoundland Canada for both shows. Have a GA for night 2 too trade for a night 1 GA if anyone is interested :) 
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Dug1200 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's a cool view, but you can get similar at the bar on top of Hancock building for free.  Their observation deck you might have to pay though, not sure only been to bar and restaurant.  Might want to look into the city pass or explorer pass if you are going to do touristy stuff.  Groupon usually has them.  The one tourist thing that I say is a must is the architectural boat tours.  One of those passes it's an option.

Costco has them https://www.costco.com/Chicago-Choose-4-Explorer-ePass.product.100112256.html
    awesome!!!  i never heard of that boat tour, definitely have to check it out.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dug1200 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

awesome!!!  i never heard of that boat tour, definitely have to check it out.
    Yeah definitely do the boat tour if you have a chance...it's very cool.  

The Sears Tower thing is pretty cool too....especially since they added the little box that you can step out on.  But like someone else mentioned, you can get a pretty sweet view from the Signature Room at the Hancock....plus you can have a drink!
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    I didn't go for a verified code for the Wrigley shows cause going to Boston instead now. But was going to help out a friend who wants to go to Chicago and was just going to try via TM like everyone else. But when I go to the TM site and type in Pearl Jam, it only brings up the Seattle & Boston shows, did I miss something????
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    BLACK35 said:
    I didn't go for a verified code for the Wrigley shows cause going to Boston instead now. But was going to help out a friend who wants to go to Chicago and was just going to try via TM like everyone else. But when I go to the TM site and type in Pearl Jam, it only brings up the Seattle & Boston shows, did I miss something????
    Tickets.com for Wrigley Pearl Jam tickets
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    chadaw76 said:

:lol: i totally forgot about that... Hotel staff kicked a group of ghost hunters off of our floor in 2016 in the middle of the night.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329

Is there a seating chart for Wrigley?  I saw one for 2016, but not 2018. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.