Options

How did everyone get codes/tix already and what the hell pre-sale did I sign up for at Ticketmaster?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    For anyone who got the Red Sox Insider code, what tickets did you see and/or buy?
    I pulled the C sections of the turf (mostly C1 and C7, row 1 and 2 in each) and the first few rows of the grandstands right when the code came through. Nothing in A or B on the field obviously and nothing in the box seats in front of the grandstand. I ended up with box seats through the Sox presale last year so it looks like the 10c may have obtained more seats in the first sections from the field. I got 10c seats for both shows so I passed it on to someone who ended up in grandstand 8 for Tuesday.
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    dbstrat said:
    Good luck!
    Thanks!  Keeping my fingers crossed for TM verified sale and, if that fails, the 15 min of public availability.
    Don't hate me, but Wrigley sold out in 4 minutes last time and I would guess that more public sale tickets were available. 
     Haha, I know.  Between a buddy and I we ended up getting two tickets during the first few minutes and made it for one of the awesome 2014 Wrigley shows.  My pain trying to get tickets to earlier shows was what prompted me to join the 10 club to get access to the presale.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    ms11781 said:
    JimmyV said:
    For anyone who got the Red Sox Insider code, what tickets did you see and/or buy?
    I pulled the C sections of the turf (mostly C1 and C7, row 1 and 2 in each) and the first few rows of the grandstands right when the code came through. Nothing in A or B on the field obviously and nothing in the box seats in front of the grandstand. I ended up with box seats through the Sox presale last year so it looks like the 10c may have obtained more seats in the first sections from the field. I got 10c seats for both shows so I passed it on to someone who ended up in grandstand 8 for Tuesday.
    Yeah, that sounds similar to what was available in 2016. Hopefully there are some seats left for the Verified Fan people.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    ski-bum said:
    JS188072 said:
    I'm curious to know if the seats available through TM Verified fan will be better locations than 10C tickets
    I very much doubt it. 
    So much of this "better" ticket stuff centers around misconceptions of what it is like to see a show at a ballpark. People see tickets sold through Ticketmaster in the C section on the field and think those are "better" than the 10c tickets near Pesky's pole. They're wrong. Those first few rows in the stands had the same faraway view of the stage but the slight elevation meant you were looking OVER the ocean of people in front of you, not through it.
    That's definitely a part of it. Sight lines are everything if it's not GA. (Aisle seats are clutch too. I'm surprised TM hasn't started selling them at a premium compared to some center row seats)

I've just seen with many presales (PJ not included) that certain rows/sections can be held back during the presale period and then become available during the public onsale period. 

With the volume of tickets 10C has allocated, I wonder if some of those with low membership numbers might be further back than some of the tickets that are reserved for the TM Verified Fan sale. 

This is all speculation and I don't think it'll be a big issue, but I'm definitely curious to see what the ticket quality will look like tomorrow morning and if any of the tickets available are really solid seats.
  • Options
    The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    JimmyV said:
    I was only able to pull a single for night 1. Its row A seat 1 right behind home plate. Great seat for a game, but not looking forward to watching the show through the net. Hopefully I can get a pair through the TM verified sale and just sell this seat to another fan.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Options
    I got A1 for Tuesday. Had B3 for Sunday but lost them and site kept crashing at the captcha selection.  This was through the season ticket pw. This year the pw was a one time use. In PJ '16 and all other shows I've been to the pw had unlimited use. Found it funny that I couldn't get through at all for tickets on my iPhone but have to use it to get in with my 10C tix.  Tried right when they went on sale with my phone couldn't get past the captcha selection for about 20 minutes. Was able to get to the ticket selection on laptop but not without site crashing and timing out my tix that were in my cart. Good luck to everyone tomorrow. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    JS188072 said:
    JimmyV said:
    ski-bum said:
    JS188072 said:
    I'm curious to know if the seats available through TM Verified fan will be better locations than 10C tickets
    I very much doubt it. 
    So much of this "better" ticket stuff centers around misconceptions of what it is like to see a show at a ballpark. People see tickets sold through Ticketmaster in the C section on the field and think those are "better" than the 10c tickets near Pesky's pole. They're wrong. Those first few rows in the stands had the same faraway view of the stage but the slight elevation meant you were looking OVER the ocean of people in front of you, not through it.
      (Aisle seats are clutch too. I'm surprised TM hasn't started selling them at a premium compared to some center row seats)

Don't give TM any ideas... 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    Poncier said:
    JS188072 said:
    JimmyV said:
    ski-bum said:
    JS188072 said:
    I very much doubt it. 
      (Aisle seats are clutch too. I'm surprised TM hasn't started selling them at a premium compared to some center row seats)

Don't give TM any ideas... 
    TM already sells aisle seats at a premium for some venues!
  • Options
    LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 258
     I had 10c tix already but tried the password because I was curious if any tix on the field would be available.  I pulled up 4 tix behind home plate for the 9/2 show but did not purchase.
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    I’m really curious if I’ll be able to pull a single for Sunday or Tuesday that will be better than my 10C seats (334xxx so I’m expecting to be in the Bs or Cs).
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    I’m really curious if I’ll be able to pull a single for Sunday or Tuesday that will be better than my 10C seats (334xxx so I’m expecting to be in the Bs or Cs).
    In 2016 you would have likely been in the B's. I don't think 10c put anybody in the C's but don't know that for sure. At any rate this year with so many more of us getting tickets 10c seating could be all over.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    JimmyV said:
    In 2016 you would have likely been in the B's. I don't think 10c put anybody in the C's but don't know that for sure. At any rate this year with so many more of us getting tickets 10c seating could be all over.
    I saw a seating chart on Facebook for 2018 and it looked like the field seats went deeper into the infield this time. Good news for us high numbers I think since hopefully more lower numbers are on the field and they will not push us that much further back then 2016's seats. 
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    JimmyV said:
    Oh good to know they didn’t do Cs, thanks!  I decided last minute to go in 2016 and found a spare 10C ticket here.  But yea who knows what to expect with them getting so many tickets this time around. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    I just got my confirmation from TM that I was selected for tickets through the verified fan presale!  :)
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Awesome! Good luck! 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    No luck for Boston :(
  • Options
    No luck for Boston :(
    Sorry :(
  • Options
    mrz200mrz200 Posts: 76
    anyone know if the Feb 21st on sales will have the American Express or Citi card member options?  going from memory, I think Dead & Company at Fenway had the Am Ex option.