Options

Bucket list Seattle 1 GA rail advice

Hey Jammers
Super excited to be heading over to the Seattle shows 23 years after my debut in NZ way back in1995, I was on the rail then and have been several times in my 10 shows to date down under...
What advice can you give this Kiwi on making the rail for Seattle 1 - anywhere in front of the band would be incredible but I’m not gonna overnight it in a queue! What are these stadium shows likely to require to complete the bucket list dream? 
Cheers  

Comments

• Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Over night for sure. Some arena shows require the camp out and with such a huge GA, expect a lot of people! 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    yup.  going to need to probably show up early am the day before the show, and overnight it.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Bring a sleeping bag
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Put in the time. Pillow made of concrete...
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Bring a sleeping bag
    Yep.  I guarantee that there will be a long line for this.

I was surprised at how many people slept out for Jacksonville in 16.  
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies, too many old sport injuries to be camping on concrete! & my first visit to Seattle so lots to fit in, so I'll have to leave it to the overnighters...makes me think we're lucky on the rare visit down this way, last time in 2014 at Big Day Out I was able to slide onto the rail in front of Ed 2 bands before PJ with my Footsteps sign, and have the harmonica to prove it!

What are the likely 10C entry times and concert start times and when would be a good time to join the queue aiming to be near-ish the front, say 10-20 rows and fairly central? Any tips appreciated, cheers!
  • Options
    Corey GCorey G Tacompton, WA Posts: 37
    What are the likely 10C entry times and concert start times and when would be a good time to join the queue aiming to be near-ish the front, say 10-20 rows and fairly central? Any tips appreciated, cheers!
    You should be able to get in Safeco 10 minutes before the show and get within 10 rows easily. Maybe not right on the rail, but anyone that wants to, can get pretty damn close! It’s a concert! It’s GA! I know I will. I’m not standing in some stupid ass line for 2 days...
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    Corey G said:
    You should be able to get in Safeco 10 minutes before the show and get within 10 rows easily. Maybe not right on the rail, but anyone that wants to, can get pretty damn close! It’s a concert! It’s GA! I know I will. I’m not standing in some stupid ass line for 2 days...
    It wasn't like that at Wrigley.  The GA sections are huge.  We lined up at 4pm for those shows landed around row 12 to 15.   That was centre though, so you could of been slightly closer on Mike or Stones sides.   If you showed up just before the show and jammed your way the front, you're probably going to get some heat.

That being said when the pits were smaller and at Arenas, I showed up 10 minutes before doors, and got 5th row dead centre.  It was pretty awesome.    The problem with the stadiums is the pits are huge, lots of people in them, packed fairly tight, and the lineups get pretty big to get in.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Zod said:
    Corey G said:
    It wasn't like that at Wrigley.  The GA sections are huge.  We lined up at 4pm for those shows landed around row 12 to 15.   That was centre though, so you could of been slightly closer on Mike or Stones sides.   If you showed up just before the show and jammed your way the front, you're probably going to get some heat.

That being said when the pits were smaller and at Arenas, I showed up 10 minutes before doors, and got 5th row dead centre.  It was pretty awesome.    The problem with the stadiums is the pits are huge, lots of people in them, packed fairly tight, and the lineups get pretty big to get in.
    Yeah I definitely agree with that for the arena tours. We always walk in about an hour before show starts and are usually about 4-5 back. Sometimes closer, like second from rail on stones side in Greenville. Sounds like stadium tours are a different animal. I’ll just be enjoying the city of Seattle all day and not worrying about getting close. 
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Sleeping bag, packed food and water, maybe need a Foley catheter in your bladder.  It sucks to be rail and have to squeeze out and back to go th the restroom.  I would advise to not drink too much immediately before the show.  
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville