Seattle to Missoula

JennsisJennsis Boston, MA Posts: 84
edited February 2018 in Given To Fly (live)
I'm an East Coast person going to the West Coast shows for an awesome summer vacation.

What is the most cost effective way to get from Seattle to Missoula? I will be flying out of Missoula (or a nearby airport) after the show. I looked at a rental car, but because the pick-up/drop-off locations are different, it would be very expensive.

Are most people flying into Missoula or Spokane?
Do you need a car in Missoula?

Should we all just rent a bus and go over together? lol

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hartford 10.25.13 | NYC - GCF 09.26.15 | MSG 05.02.16 | Fenway 08.05.16 | Fenway 08.07.16 | Seattle 08.08.18 | Seattle 08.10.18 | Missoula 08.13.18 | Chicago 08.18.18 | Chicago 08.20.18 | Fenway 09.02.18 | Fenway 09.04.18 | MSG 09.11.22

Comments

• TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    edited February 2018
    As an east coaster, I'm thinking about flying into Spokane and driving the 3 hours to Missoula. That said, I don't want to have to repeat that trip Tuesday morning to make what will probably be a god awful early morning flight. Also looking for collaborative travel efforts and ideas.

Edit: You make valid point about the cost of one-waying a rental car. Maybe crowd-funding would help..
    Post edited by Travelar on
  • socalstylesocalstyle Columbus, OH Posts: 40
    I'm flying to Seattle, renting a car and driving to Missoula then driving back to Seattle and flying home... It's a 7.5 hour drive each way. That'll save you on a rental car cost... But the multi city plane ticket from Columbus, Ohio (where I live) to Seattle then to Missoula then back to Columbus was only 750. That's not terrible. I may just drop the cash. To Seattle, it's 500 to get there and back. With gas and a car rental, I don't know that I'm saving much money doing the drive.
    03 - Irvine
    10 - Columbus
    13 - Pittsburgh
    16 - Lexington, Chicago 2
    18 - Seattle 2, Missoula, Boston 1
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    I have a big van with not seats. I’m driving over. You’re welcome to do some illegal road tripping with me and my buddy! 
  • SR91748SR91748 Posts: 137
    Thumbing my way
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I’m flying into Missoula from San Diego and will just shuttle or uber into town. I’ve heard it’s prettt walker friendly once there. 
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I did notice it’s cheaper for me to fly into Spokane, but not enough to pay for rental car and have to worry about 3 hour drive each way. From San Diego; it’s only about 75 dollars cheaper to fly into Spokane. 
  • Greyhound will get it done:

Saturday
    08/11/2018
    Seattle to Missoula
    $ 77.00
    starting at*
    Sunday
    08/12/2018
    Seattle to Missoula
    $ 66.00
    starting at*

those are one-way bus tickets.  Might be able to take the train to Spokane and then a Bus.  Train >>> Bus

Gorge
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    I’m flying. One way from Seattle to Missoula was $135. Not bad 
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Trying to figure out what to do on Saturday. Not that there’s a lack of options. Portland, Vancouver, or head right to Montana comes to mind. What’s everyone else have planned?
  • WSUFreakWSUFreak Posts: 122
    Sub Pop birthday party!
  • NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    It would be awesome for someone to coordinate a chartered PJ fan bus from Seattle to Missoula!  If I were going to the Seattle shows, that would be my choice.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 846
    edited February 2018
    riley540 said:
    I have a big van with not seats. I’m driving over. You’re welcome to do some illegal road tripping with me and my buddy! 
    Somehow this seems like a bad idea.....a van with no seats?  That is in every serial killer movie I have ever seen....Um--your last name isn't Bundy is it? Your "buddy" doesn't go by all three of his names, dress like a clown and/or send messages with astrological references does he? :)
    Post edited by huntersthompson on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Is the van white and are the windows blacked out?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    $135 one way from Seattle to Missoula?  
    When did you buy that?  Which airline?
    Seeing $197 as the cost now.
  • TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,072
    Trying to figure out what to do on Saturday. Not that there’s a lack of options. Portland, Vancouver, or head right to Montana comes to mind. What’s everyone else have planned?

Yep, Sub Pop birthday party.  Its free, and should have great music all day.  and its on the beach!!!
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    riley540 said:
    Somehow this seems like a bad idea.....a van with no seats?  That is in every serial killer movie I have ever seen....Um--your last name isn't Bundy is it? Your "buddy" doesn't go by all three of his names, dress like a clown and/or send messages with astrological references does he? :)
    Funny thing is I live in Bellingham, where Bundy once lived... its th most serial killer van you’d ever see. I bought it last summer. 95 Plymouth voyager, and it had a bullet hole in the side... great for hauling my mountain bikes around!! And a road trip machine. I’ve driven it to Salt Lake City, LA, Kellog ID. Cheap wheels. I accept my creeper stereotype 
    Never mind in flight question...I see on Monday it is cheaper but we are going over on Sunday (or maybe Saturday)

• Trying to figure out what to do on Saturday. Not that there’s a lack of options. Portland, Vancouver, or head right to Montana comes to mind. What’s everyone else have planned?
    I wouldn't try to make a day trip to Vancouver and back from Seattle.  The border traffic is usually pretty heavy and I think it would be too much time sitting in a car to be able to actually check out Vancouver...its a big city.  Portland is about 3 hours away but if you've never been to Seattle, there is plenty to do and see there with your extra day rather than spending it driving for hours to another city and back.  My 2c
    Gorge
  • Greyhound will get it done:

Saturday
    08/11/2018
    Seattle to Missoula
    $ 77.00
    starting at*
    Sunday
    08/12/2018
    Seattle to Missoula
    $ 66.00
    starting at*

those are one-way bus tickets.  Might be able to take the train to Spokane and then a Bus.  Train >>> Bus

Nobody and I mean NOBODY should ride a greyhound.

Un friggin comfortable...

I'm renting from Seattle and driving to and fro to Missoula.
    I booked back on 1/22. $135/pp one way from Seattle to Missoula nonstop on Saturday 8/11
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
  • julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 374
    Trying to figure out what to do on Saturday. Not that there’s a lack of options. Portland, Vancouver, or head right to Montana comes to mind. What’s everyone else have planned?
    I would stick around Seattle. It's only 3 hours to Vancouver, but to get from Vancouver to Missoula is over 9 hours of driving. Portland would be a similar scenario. That's a lot of driving for a day off.
    Wife and i are flying to Missoula on that Saturday morning. Renting a car and spending two days in Glacier National Park. Its supposed to be spectacular. Then driving back to Missoula on Monday for the show. 
    I booked back on 1/22. $135/pp one way from Seattle to Missoula nonstop on Saturday 8/11
    Nice price!  I booked hotels for all cities when it was a close to confirmation rumor...but I didnt book airfare early. 
    Nice price!  I booked hotels for all cities when it was a close to confirmation rumor...but I didnt book airfare early. 
    Im glad I booked it then. I shouldve pulled the trigger on my flight from Missoula back home to Chicago. Prices are outrageous now.