2018 Winner/Loser Thread

Comments

• DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 235
    Got my email last night just as I was sitting down in the Moore Theatre for One Classy Night.

1st - SEA 2 GA - WON
    2nd - SEA 1 GA - LOST
    3rd - SEA 2 RES - LOST
    4th - SEA 1 RES - WON

Being on the field N2 was what I really wanted, so I'm thrilled!
  • stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    I am trying to see if I completely understand the way the tickets work. So if I put in for let’s say Boston 2 as my #1 pick, and I don’t get tickets for my #1, can a person who has Boston 2 as their #2 or #3 pick get tickets ? Or do all the people have to get their #1 pick before people who have the same show as their #2 or #3 pick are selected ?? I think that makes sense.... lol 
    Someone can just send me the answer privately if they want 
  • Does anyone have a spare ticket for Wrigley #1.  Desperately looking.  This is both times I've been shut out of the Saturday Show at Wrigley.  
    I have an extra ticket for Wrigley night #1 and maybe night #2 as well.

If you noticed my post above, I don't have a cell phone and if you are my +1, we can use your device to get in.

Let's exchange details and I will contact you as we get closer to the show 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    stickman said:
    I am trying to see if I completely understand the way the tickets work. So if I put in for let’s say Boston 2 as my #1 pick, and I don’t get tickets for my #1, can a person who has Boston 2 as their #2 or #3 pick get tickets ? Or do all the people have to get their #1 pick before people who have the same show as their #2 or #3 pick are selected ?? I think that makes sense.... lol 
    They do individual draws for shows. Lets say they start with Fenway 1. They draw all of the first priorities. After that draw is done there are still tickets remaining. This means everyone that had Fenway 1 as a 1st pick won their selection. Next they will do a draw for those that put it down as a second priority. Now because more people put it down as a second pick then there are tickets there are people that will lose this draw and some will win. Since there are no more tickets there are no more rounds of draws to the 3rd/4th etc. 

Fenway 2 has no bearing on that draw at all except individually it would when you decided to choose what show to put where. If you put Fenway 2 first you gave yourself a bad chance at winning both. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    stickman said:
    Not sure if 10C has ever confirmed it, but it seems like they go show-by-show with the draws and GA first then Reserved.

For example, I've seen people report that they had Reserved 1st and GA 2nd for one show and been drawn for GA. Basically, GA was filled first and went into second priority picks.

In your example, if you didn't get Boston 2 with your #1 pick, nobody got it with 2 and beyond.
  • If anyone has two extra reserved for Night One - Please keep me in mind! I would ask for GA but prob a pain in the ass to get organized for that.  I'm going to try my luck with Verified but seems Wrigley N1 is a tough one.  I'm a new member- Does Tenclub hold another lottery, or resell extra tickets as date approaches normally?
  • DeckDing said:
    My record drops to 0-7. Did anyone else lose and not receive an email? I assume you only get an email if you win?
    What did you put in for, what order?
    This time around I only put in for GA in Chicago, so not the best odds. My worst was 4 Canadian shows, I had a 4% or some really low % (can't remember at this point) chance of getting none of the shows and sure enough, struck out hah. Ahh well. Shit happens I guess.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Sorry to hear that.  With those odds in Chicago people were going to miss out more than make it.  If you are a GA or bust person it stinks but there are not tons of tickets available.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    Is everything done?  Where is that tracker page?
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • My Seattle picks were similar to others:

1st - SEA 2 GA - WON
    2nd - SEA 1 GA - LOST
    3rd - SEA 2 RES - "LOST"
    4th - SEA 1 RES - WON
    Irvine 92,Indio 93,San Fran 95,San Diego 95x2,San Diego 98,LA 98x2,San Diego 00,San Bern 00,Irvine 03,San Diego 03,Las Vegas 03,Santa Barbara 03,Vancouver 05,LA 06x2,Santa Barbara 06,Cincy 06,Leeds 06,Reading 06,Portland 09,LA 09x3,San Diego 09,NYC 10x2, PHX 13, SD 13, LAx2 13, Cincy 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Dana Point 21x2
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    KMG365 said:
    I finally broke my PJ tickets cherry! First lottery, first win. Wrigley N1-GA and N2-Reserved. I’m a newer member so I heard my seats will suck but I don’t care. Just happy to go. I’m so freakin’ excited!!! :triumph:
    If your seats suck it will be because a damn computer coupled with karma hates you. From the Pre-sale Drawing Page,"Ten Club staff does not select the winning names. Names are drawn through computerized random selection software to ensure fairness."
    Winners are random. Seating is seniority. 
    People seem to be having a lot of trouble with this concept.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    AG280962 said:

I was fortunate enough to score both Chicago and the Boston  II shows through the lottery. I’m probably the last asshole on earth with no cell phone and now that tickets are only  distributed digitally , I’m kind of in a pickle.  I will figure something out as we get closer  to the shows, but even if I had a cell phone I would still rather have a hard ticket and especially 10C tickets (which sometimes come with the PJ logo). Am I the only one who cares about this shit ?

They will probably have a commemorative ticket at the merch booth, which I will purchase, but it is just not the same as your own ticket stub to go in the book with the rest of the stubs

10 club has stated that they will make arrangements for those without a smart phone, so you will need to contact them and they will get it squared away.

And I am with you on the hard ticket as souvenir, I have been collecting them for decades and always opt for regular hard tickets (unless its not an option like here).
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited February 2018
    sudzilla said:
    AG280962 said:

I was fortunate enough to score both Chicago and the Boston  II shows through the lottery. I’m probably the last asshole on earth with no cell phone and now that tickets are only  distributed digitally , I’m kind of in a pickle.  I will figure something out as we get closer  to the shows, but even if I had a cell phone I would still rather have a hard ticket and especially 10C tickets (which sometimes come with the PJ logo). Am I the only one who cares about this shit ?

They will probably have a commemorative ticket at the merch booth, which I will purchase, but it is just not the same as your own ticket stub to go in the book with the rest of the stubs

Why would you enter a drawing for digital only tickets if you don't have a smartphone?  also, its 2018, who doesn't have a cell phone?  you can get an iphone for free these days just for signing up with some carriers.
    Don't feel bad AG, there are many who don't have smart phones, and the 10Club has already said to get in touch if you are one of those fanclub members.  People will try to make you feel bad about your life choices, just ignore them.  If it's working for you to not have one (and I held out a long time and didn't have one either, although I do now), just keep doing you.  The fact that some people can't fathom your choice doesn't make it bad or wrong, even though some people will try to make you feel that way.
    Post edited by JH6056 on
    Shit I wish I was not so damn connected and my life run by this damn device!! Bravo and kudos to you for not succumbing to societal pressures to do so either.  The monthly bill alone is outright ridiculous !! Never mind the $700-$800 for the phone.  The companies are taking in BILLIONS of $$$ in profits each year.  

Bless you, and if it aint broke dont fixit !!
  • 1st: Chicago 1 GA - LOST
    2nd: Chicago 2 GA - LOST
    3rd: Chicago 1 Res - LOST
    4th: Chicago 2 Res - WON 

Did anyone else get this unlucky? I'm pretty bummed out. 
    8/17/98 Noblesville, IN; 9/6/98 Knoxville, TN; 4/21/03 Lexington, KY; 6/24/03 Columbus, OH; 10/2/04 Toledo, OH; 6/14/08 Bonnaroo; 5/7/10 Noblesville, IN; 9/22/12 Atlanta, GA; 10/1/14 Cincinnati, OH; 10/3/14 St. Louis, MO; 6/11/16 Bonnaroo; 4/26/16 Lexington, KY; Chicago 8/18/18: Chicago 8/20/18; St. Louis 9/18/22
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 566
    edited February 2018
    sudzilla said:
    AG280962 said:

Why would you enter a drawing for digital only tickets if you don't have a smartphone?  also, its 2018, who doesn't have a cell phone?  you can get an iphone for free these days just for signing up with some carriers.
    He's a PJ tenclubber, he has every right for tickets as those with smartphones do. They'll work something out on a case by case basis. Kudos to anyone who doesn't have a cell phone, let alone smart phone. They're not doing anything wrong. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347

It is impossible for this band to do more to ensure that its real fans get into their shows, and for face value.  Literally impossible, and yet behold, people are still complaining.

It's majestic to witness.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
    JWindmill said:
    1st: Chicago 1 GA - LOST

If those were my choices, I probably would have tried to get one GA or the other, and not both.  I prob would have done:
    1.  Chicago 2 GA
    2. Chicago 1 Reserved
    3.  Chicago 2 Reserved. 

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Saltzy23 said:

It is impossible for this band to do more to ensure that its real fans get into their shows, and for face value.  Literally impossible, and yet behold, people are still complaining.

It's majestic to witness.

Complaining about the process and being disappointed in the outcome are entirely different, and it seems like you're conflating the two. It's natural to be disappointed, and there's nothing at all wrong with it. I've read through a few pages and did not see a single post blaming 10c for the outcome.
    8/17/98 Noblesville, IN; 9/6/98 Knoxville, TN; 4/21/03 Lexington, KY; 6/24/03 Columbus, OH; 10/2/04 Toledo, OH; 6/14/08 Bonnaroo; 5/7/10 Noblesville, IN; 9/22/12 Atlanta, GA; 10/1/14 Cincinnati, OH; 10/3/14 St. Louis, MO; 6/11/16 Bonnaroo; 4/26/16 Lexington, KY; Chicago 8/18/18: Chicago 8/20/18; St. Louis 9/18/22
  • JWindmill said:

Yup
  • astev09astev09 Posts: 60
    edited February 2018
    Deleted
    Reminder: Please respect topic integrity by not derailing discussions from the original poster’s intent (OP). You can begin a new topic of your own in the appropriate forum.

Thank you
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    JWindmill said:

If those were my choices, I probably would have tried to get one GA or the other, and not both.  I prob would have done:
    1.  Chicago 2 GA
    2. Chicago 1 Reserved
    3.  Chicago 2 Reserved. 

I guess I wasn't entirely sure how the odds worked. I plan on being in Chicago from the 17th-21st. I'll be standing outside Wrigley with my gf on the 18th if I have to. Maybe we'll get lucky.
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 438
    Mikemzl91 said:
    JWindmill said:

Yup
    Slightly worse for me ...

4th:  Boston 1 Res - LOST
    5th: Chicago 2 Res - WON 
  • First timer and newer to the club, did well, must have been low demand for my location and/or I set the choices correctly.
    1st: Boston 1 - Win!
    2nd: Boston 2 - Win!

Mansfield 1 8/29/00
    Mansfield 2 8/30/00
    Fenway 1 8/5/16
    Fenway 2 8/7/16
    Fenway 1 9/2/18
    Fenway 2 9/4/18
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    edited February 2018
    Got word last night that my card has been charged successfully..$948.00 GULP!
    1st Choice: Fenway N1 - Won
    2nd Choice: CHI N2 GA - Lost
    3rd Choice: CHI N2 Res - Won
    4th Choice: CHI N1 Res - Won
    5th Choice: Fenway N2 - Won

Really stoked since last go around I got completely shut out on 10C for Fenway & Wrigley. Today more than makes up for that. Thanks 10C!
    Post edited by URthekey on
    JWindmill said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JWindmill said:

1.  Chicago 2 GA
    2. Chicago 1 Reserved
    3.  Chicago 2 Reserved. 

I guess I wasn't entirely sure how the odds worked. I plan on being in Chicago from the 17th-21st. I'll be standing outside Wrigley with my gf on the 18th if I have to. Maybe we'll get lucky.
    No worries.  Dont forget, there is still the pre-sale coming up this week, then the public on-sale date next week, too.  You still have some chances to get tickets. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Mine Chicago:
      1st:   18th Res  WON
       2nd:   20th Res  WON
       3rd:    20th GA   LOST
       4th:    18th GA   LOST

My Wifes Chicago:
       1st:   20th  GA   WON
       2nd:  18th  GA   LOST
       3rd:   18th  Res   LOST
       4th:   20th  Res   LOST

Worked out exactly the way we were hoping.  Taking our kids the 20th.   

Not sitting with the kids? looks a little like someone trying to game the system
  • Tree77Tree77 Posts: 32
    ugh.

FYI is anyone has a single Chicago 2 GA, i'd be interested in acquiring it, PM me please!! 
    2005: Winnipeg, Manitoba
    2011: Winnipeg, Manitoba
    2014: St Paul, MN
    2016: Ottawa
    2016: Toronto 1
    2018: Chicago Night 1
    2018: Chicago Night 2
    2020: Toronto
    2020: Ottawa
  • JWindmill said:

Would seem that you won one and can still do TM Verified Fan or General sale.  I would think that you should be happy to have gotten into a show