Chicago Cubs baseball!!!

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I don't know what it is about the Brewers... but out of all the teams in baseball, I hate them the most. If the NLCS came down to St Louis & MIlwaukee, I'd root my ass off for the birds.  If it came down to Brewers vs Nazis, I'd root for the American League.
    Was there something in Joe Maddon's contract that we have to sign every Tampa Bay fucking Ray known to man?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I don't know what it is about the Brewers... but out of all the teams in baseball, I hate them the most. If the NLCS came down to St Louis & MIlwaukee, I'd root my ass off for the birds.  If it came down to Brewers vs Nazis, I'd root for the American League.
    Now they’re looking to land Darvish and if it fails will go after Arietta. They’re going to be a tough ass team. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    bbiggs said:
    Now they’re looking to land Darvish and if it fails will go after Arietta. They’re going to be a tough ass team. 
    They should be tough this year, for sure. I don't know their level of the remaining FA's but I speculate they land Cobb at best. I also wonder if some of their talent overachiever last year. Then you mix in so many new faces taking overy previously occupied positions and there could be some chemistry issues midway through the summer.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    DewieCox said:
    bbiggs said:
    Malroth said:
    What World Series Souvenirs do you all have?
    Not necessarily WS, but the rally towels from the NLCS. Grabbed several of those. Framed up the front page of Chicago Tribune and Sun Times as well.  Grabbed a hat, t shirt, sweatshirt, but I don’t consider those souvenirs. The framed newspapers are my favorite WS possessions. 
    That stuffs so cool to collect. My dad’s got a nifty little collection like this. A few bobble heads, hats, Starting Lineup figures and StL Post Dispatch issues from a lot of the big Cards’ moments. The cheap collections are way better than those fancy trophy cases full of bought memorabilia.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    ^ Beyond impressive man! 
    Dig the room, Rob! We need a close up of what's on display in the table!  In the Giants thread... :angry:
  • Damn, looks like someone hasn't been laid in  a while.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Wobbie said:
    DewieCox said:
    bbiggs said:
    Malroth said:
    What World Series Souvenirs do you all have?
    Not necessarily WS, but the rally towels from the NLCS. Grabbed several of those. Framed up the front page of Chicago Tribune and Sun Times as well.  Grabbed a hat, t shirt, sweatshirt, but I don’t consider those souvenirs. The framed newspapers are my favorite WS possessions. 
    That stuffs so cool to collect. My dad’s got a nifty little collection like this. A few bobble heads, hats, Starting Lineup figures and StL Post Dispatch issues from a lot of the big Cards’ moments. The cheap collections are way better than those fancy trophy cases full of bought memorabilia.

Please also include this pic in the Star Wars thread next time you comment and ask “sup nerds”
    Yu saw his shadow today. 6 more weeks of no decisions. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    so easy to hate today’s cubs :angry:

hopefully, you got WS yu.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Screw YU! Haters gonna hate. Still more home grown talent on the Cubs than on most teams. Now...next year when they sign Bryce Harper, you have my permission to hate. 

:smiley:
    Dig the room, Rob! We need a close up of what's on display in the table!  In the Giants thread... :angry:
    done.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Did anyone buy tickets today? Get ready for your jaw to hit the floor with these prices. And these are before taxes, amusement fees, etc. 

• bbiggs said:
    Did anyone buy tickets today? Get ready for your jaw to hit the floor with these prices. And these are before taxes, amusement fees, etc. 

WTF!!!  Bought tix for two games yesterday on stub hub.  No name night games, $12 a piece.  
    ^ Exactly. I will be buying tix the day of the game this year. Find sellers unloading at half the cost. These prices are outrageous and makes it tough for the average family to enjoy a game. I’m fortunate to be able to afford it, but out of principle I won’t pay these prices. It’s really a shame and I feel for the people this prices out. 
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    $90 for bleachers - that's about what I payed in 2012 the last time I sat there.  Think I bought from the scalpers right under the L.  $182 before fees for some run of the mill box seats, though?  wow.  I can remember walking up to the box office in '04 or '05 and getting a ticket for 12 bucks - decent seat,last row before the isle on the lower deck behind the cubs dugout.  It was a D-Lee walk-off homer, if I remember correctly.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
    Unfortunately, it's one of the downsides of winning and then the team spending money to continue winning. I don't go to as many games, but I'm not mad about it. I sold my soul to win it all in 2016!
    Gtilley8 said:
    $90 for bleachers - that's about what I payed in 2012 the last time I sat there.  Think I bought from the scalpers right under the L.  $182 before fees for some run of the mill box seats, though?  wow.  I can remember walking up to the box office in '04 or '05 and getting a ticket for 12 bucks - decent seat,last row before the isle on the lower deck behind the cubs dugout.  It was a D-Lee walk-off homer, if I remember correctly.  
    You’re right. Bleachers and certain sections were not impacted as much. But a lot of the lower level seating prices have gone up exponentially. 

Unfortunately, it's one of the downsides of winning and then the team spending money to continue winning. I don't go to as many games, but I'm not mad about it. I sold my soul to win it all in 2016!
    I hear ya man but this is getting out of control. The organization has had one of the highest payrolls in baseball for many years and they didn’t raise prices this much year over year. If it was between keeping prices relatively affordable and leaving the outside of the park dumpy vs. these ungodly prices and big fancy buildings and screens outside, I’d say give me the old dumpy version all day! 
    I hear ya, I was on the old dumpy version myself. Some things needed upgrading but some of it was/is nostalgic. 
    When it says Mastercard users can buy tickets today for a 15% premium and non Mastercard users can buy tickets today for a 20% premium, are they implying it is 15-20% more to buy tickets today/tomorrow as opposed to waiting til the 23rd?
    When it says Mastercard users can buy tickets today for a 15% premium and non Mastercard users can buy tickets today for a 20% premium, are they implying it is 15-20% more to buy tickets today/tomorrow as opposed to waiting til the 23rd?
    I believe so. So the prices I’m bitching about are apparently inflated by 15% lol. But still...
    What a deal huh? Hey Cubs fans, let us bend you over a little more (aka 15-20% more) to get tickets 3 days early. Sign me up!! 
    Glad I asked! Almost got a couple bleacher seats for a Sunday game in April. I'll check again on Friday .
    bbiggs said:
    What a deal huh? Hey Cubs fans, let us bend you over a little more (aka 15-20% more) to get tickets 3 days early. Sign me up!! 

the price you pay for ending 100+ years of futility.

you could always go back to the lee elia era :cue rant:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:

the price you pay for ending 100+ years of futility.

you could always go back to the lee elia era :cue rant:
    Nothing better than Lee Elia! That’s the most classic rant I’ve heard in all of sports
    this one was good, too.

https://youtu.be/fzjWQF1oP2M

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    bbiggs said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    You’re right. Bleachers and certain sections were not impacted as much. But a lot of the lower level seating prices have gone up exponentially. 
    I'm all for paying slightly more, with success.  I get that.  There's a serious product on the field.  But Id love to take my son and wife to a game, sit in decent seats, buy a couple shirts or a hat - Im from out of town, so have to pay for a room - and not have to spend a grand to do it all.  Looks like those days are gone.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
    Gtilley8 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    I'm all for paying slightly more, with success.  I get that.  There's a serious product on the field.  But Id love to take my son and wife to a game, sit in decent seats, buy a couple shirts or a hat - Im from out of town, so have to pay for a room - and not have to spend a grand to do it all.  Looks like those days are gone.  
    Amen.