***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    goldrush said:
    I'm going to try to get over there at some point. My brother in law went yesterday and sent me this...

Did you make it to the bar? Are you going to the show tomorrow night?
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    goldrush said:
    I'm going to try to get over there at some point. My brother in law went yesterday and sent me this...

I didn't make it into the city to get to the bar in the end. Oh well.

I was at the show and it was awesome! We had great seats, really close to the stage. It's the first time I've sat at a gig for years, but we had our 11 year old nephew with us so GA would have been a nightmare. He was shattered by the end of it - I think he air-drummed himself to a standstill!

I know some people on here don't like Foo Fighters, but you really can't fault a 3 hour show from a band who are clearly having the time of their lives onstage. A 2 hour 20 minute first set? Sounds good to me! The covers were cool, so was the banter between Dave, Taylor, and Chris. Although if my nephew screams "motherfucker!!!" at his brother, I'll know who to blame!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush said:
    goldrush said:

I was at the show and it was awesome! We had great seats, really close to the stage. It's the first time I've sat at a gig for years, but we had our 11 year old nephew with us so GA would have been a nightmare. He was shattered by the end of it - I think he air-drummed himself to a standstill!

I know some people on here don't like Foo Fighters, but you really can't fault a 3 hour show from a band who are clearly having the time of their lives onstage. A 2 hour 20 minute first set? Sounds good to me! The covers were cool, so was the banter between Dave, Taylor, and Chris. Although if my nephew screams "motherfucker!!!" at his brother, I'll know who to blame!

The band is awesome.

Don't feel the need to qualify your statement.

The band is awesome. Period.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    goldrush said:
    goldrush said:

Great to read about your night. I agree they were awesome! Loved the new songs, as well as the covers and of course the older favourites. Dave must be exhausted every night with the amount of running he does. I loved the lights out for Breakout. 

The bar was cool....but the show was so much better!! We did seats too, because my husband has a medical condition that means not standing for long periods. But our seats weren't so close,  I got them in the presale, think I should of waited for the normal sale. But we still had an awesome night, I was also happy because I could dance behind my seat! 

• HannahRoseHannahRose Kingston, NY Posts: 32
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Pap, I had a great time. Very cool pub! Here's some photos. 
    Those Russian nesting dolls though! :plus_one:
    Were they for sale at all? or just a gimmick as part of the bar setup and decor?
    "Music is an indirect force for change because it provides an anchor against human tragedy." - Operation Ivy
    Thanks Pap, I had a great time. Very cool pub! Here's some photos. 
    Those Russian nesting dolls though! :plus_one:
    Were they for sale at all? or just a gimmick as part of the bar setup and decor?
    I have to laugh...because I wanted a set! Unfortunately they were not for sale...But they did have dressing gowns and slippers with the Foo Fighters emblem on them for sale!
    I have to laugh...because I wanted a set! Unfortunately they were not for sale...But they did have dressing gowns and slippers with the Foo Fighters emblem on them for sale!
    Aw man, that sucks! I would have totally bought a set if they'd bothered to have them available.
    How was the overall merch? Besides the site-specific posters, any other special merch for that particular concert date?
    Or just the usual items with a few others thrown in with their new logo?
    "Music is an indirect force for change because it provides an anchor against human tragedy." - Operation Ivy
    Overall, lots of great merch, mostly different to what was available at the show and different to the Melbourne bar. They had a few Sydney specific shirts (without tour dates) and a tote tote bag for sale with opera house (not available at the show). Also a few other shirts that were Australian related, including a cool Foo Fighters shirt in the colours of a vegemite logo.  They had some beer glasses, beer coolers, old posters and hats, think that was it. 
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I think those nesting dolls were only available in a package when you preordered the new album.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    I think those nesting dolls were only available in a package when you preordered the new album.
    Aww...damn :disappointed:
  • SO GUYS -- WHAT'S THE BEST FOO ALBUM?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    JK_Livin said:
    Aww...damn :disappointed:
    I feel disappointed too! 
    SO GUYS -- WHAT'S THE BEST FOO ALBUM?
    Hard to answer....I think my favourite would be In Your Honour. 
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Hard to answer....I think my favourite would be In Your Honour. 
    My top 3 would be

Wasting Loght
    In Your Honour...
    The Colour and the Shape

Don’t care much for Echoes Silence Patience and Grace.
    The rest fall somewhere in the middle.
    Sonic Highways to me is a little underrated Concrete and Gold I quite like too, but that’s sits comfortably behind my top 3. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    The Colour and The Shape or Wasted Light are the ones I play the most.
    Sonic Highways is the most disappointing - ithe first half would have made a great EP, but the second half does nothing for me

(Tim Rogers)
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    edited January 2018
    1) In Your Honor
    2) Wasting Light
    3) One By One
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    All of them
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Oh, cool people like In Your Honor. I'm a big fan of it. Thought everyone would answer Color and the Shape.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

Nothing Left to Lose is my favorite with the self titled a close 2nd.

I am not what you would call a "fan" of the Foos though.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Raygun. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Pap said:
    1) In Your Honor
    2) Wasting Light
    3) One By One
    funny. Dave hates One By One. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited January 2018
    The New one is pretty good - but the Colour and Shape is up there for me in overall most favorite rock records.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Raygun. 
    This
    I like Concrete and Gold, and I'm probably in the minority but I love Sonic Highways. 
    I like Concrete and Gold, and I'm probably in the minority but I love Sonic Highways. 
    I love Sonic Highways too! I feel like that album really didn't get the love it deserved :(

Natashapearljamfan said:
    I feel disappointed too! 
    Yeah, I feel like if they actually bothered to have that as an item at the Merch tables, it'd sell really well.
    I have tried and tried to like SH, but just can't. it just seems so disjointed and contrived. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Pap said:
    1) In Your Honor
    2) Wasting Light
    3) One By One
    funny. Dave hates One By One. 
    It was the first Foos' album that I've ever listened to. When did he say that?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    The band tensions were pretty well documented at the time. They scrapped the first sessions because they hated the songs, and there were a lot of arguments within the band. It seemed like they may split up around that time - Dave joined QOTSA for a while, Taylor was hospitalised...

I think it still holds up as a good album - All My Life is such a great song - but it's clear it was a pretty dark time for them.

(Tim Rogers)
    Oh yeah... You're right. I totally forgot his QOTSA stint.