Wrigley Field: August 18th and 20th Roll Call

Comments

• know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    I'm planning on being there. I've been to the last 3 Wrigley shows. My number is 256xxx and my seats were just OK for the last one. Not even on the field. I was on the field back in 2013. My general experience in 14 years of never letting my number lapse is that my seats get gradually worse each time. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    kaseylily said:
    Sarava said:
    My 10c # is 495xxx and my seats were not good at Wrigley 1 in 2016. I was between the Cubs on deck circle and home plate, and in the farthest row back of the 2nd section. It was one of those where you just enjoy being in the building and watch the screens all night. You couldn't see anything on the stage from that far away. Which is why I'm really going to try for GA this time.
    My 10c # is 498xxx and that's why I'm hesitant about entering for reserved. But I'm pretty small and short and don't know if GA would be good for me either. I don't wanna watch the screens all night! I need some advice please.
    I had the mediocre seats I described above for Wrigley I and GA for Wrigley II. It was so much funner at Wrigley II in the GA. It wasn't even close. The atmosphere, seeing the band, all of it. The crowd gets way more in to it in GA than they do 35 rows behind home plate. It lifts the whole experience. And the sound is the same no matter where you sit.
  • BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,004
    mcgruff10 said:
    jjflash said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What were 10c seats like in 2016 based on seniority?
    Seemed like any # over very low 200K were in the stands. 10C #s less than that, excluding those in GA, were in seats on the field.
    Yeah I m at 139xxx so hopefully I d be on the field. How big is ga?  
    Been to all 3 Wrigleys. I'm 130xxx and have as always been on field with reserved and seats good enough that I thought were better /easier than dealing with GA (I'm 40 and would prefer to get a beer without suffering crippling anxiety of never getting back to my spot). 
    Funny...I am 207xxx, I hope that I am on field level. The wife has a bad foot and can't stand all night, so GA is out for us...
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    BLACK35 said:
    Just booked the Hilton Garden Inn this morning, just need the tickets now :)
    Staying there as well!!  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • twmillstwmills Milwaukee Posts: 54
    I might be the newest member on this board, I'm 664xxx. I wonder what I should realistically try for. I'm attempting to get tickets for both shows. I would like GA for at least one of them, if that's even doable.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Before the announcement I booked a free cancelation room ... has anyone ever stayed at the river hotel on e wackier? Reviews seem good just curious if anyone had first hand experience there
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    My 10c number is 416, anyone with a similar number go to a wrigley show before? Any idea of what kind of seats i would get if i dont win GA?
    I'm also 416xxx.  For the 2016 shows I was prob about 5-10 rows up right behind the third base dugout.  Not the greatest seats, but not too bad.  
    know1 said:
    I'm planning on being there. I've been to the last 3 Wrigley shows. My number is 256xxx and my seats were just OK for the last one. Not even on the field. I was on the field back in 2013. My general experience in 14 years of never letting my number lapse is that my seats get gradually worse each time. 
    Kind of new to getting tickets here, what do you mean by "letting my number lapse"? Your number changes as a 10C member?
  • jtgreenjtgreen Posts: 75
    edited January 2018
    I'll be shooting for night 1. 

I received tickets to Night 1 2016 for my birthday that year and way back in the 200s with a pole partially blocking the view. Anything 10C offers me should be better than that. The person I'm taking with me is just over 5' so I'll be going for reserved first and GA second. If i get GA somehow, I'll just plan on trying to hang near the back and listen. 

I let my membership lapse for a couple of years in college so I have 6XXXXX number now.
    Post edited by jtgreen on
    Hey, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm certainly not the dumbest.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited January 2018
    twmills said:
    know1 said:
    Kind of new to getting tickets here, what do you mean by "letting my number lapse"? Your number changes as a 10C member?
    If you do not have auto renewal or cancel your membership for a period of time and you later renew you will be given a new higher number. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
    PJNB said:
    twmills said:
    know1 said:
    If you do not have auto renewal or cancel your membership for a period of time and you later renew you will be given a new higher number. 
    Gotcha thanks. I originally signed up as a Digital member in early 2017, then upgraded to Analog in December '17.  Would my # change then? Not that it really matters I suppose.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Wasn't planning on going, cant afford to find someone to take our kids for the weekend and fly my wife and I out. We went to Wrigley in '13, but that was pre-kids.
    But last night I got the thumbs up to go solo, cuts the cost to about 1/4 (I have fewer quality standards when it comes to hotels).
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Going to Wrigley 1 with my dad, Wrigley 2 I'm going solo. If anyone wants to buddy up for GA let me know!
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    twmills said:
    PJNB said:
    twmills said:
    know1 said:
    Gotcha thanks. I originally signed up as a Digital member in early 2017, then upgraded to Analog in December '17.  Would my # change then? Not that it really matters I suppose.
    It matters a bit for reserved but no it should not change by upgrading. Just know that there are no benefits to analog over digital tickets wise.

If you go to the 10 club section on this site and click on My Account you should see a membership tab. Click on that and it will tell you what your number is, Some people do not like to display their whole number to do possible acts of fraud so they just post XXX as the last 3 digits when displaying it. Mine is 512XXX from 2013. 
  • Tree77Tree77 Posts: 32
    PJNB said:
    twmills said:
    PJNB said:
    twmills said:
    know1 said:
    It matters a bit for reserved but no it should not change by upgrading. Just know that there are no benefits to analog over digital tickets wise.

If you go to the 10 club section on this site and click on My Account you should see a membership tab. Click on that and it will tell you what your number is, Some people do not like to display their whole number to do possible acts of fraud so they just post XXX as the last 3 digits when displaying it. Mine is 512XXX from 2013. 
    Hey PJNB,

my number is  not to far off from 512XXX, where were your re-severed seats for Wrigley #2 last time or did you do GA?
    2005: Winnipeg, Manitoba
    2011: Winnipeg, Manitoba
    2014: St Paul, MN
    2016: Ottawa
    2016: Toronto 1
    2018: Chicago Night 1
    2018: Chicago Night 2
    2020: Toronto
    2020: Ottawa
    edited January 2018
    Tree77 said:
    PJNB said:
    twmills said:
    PJNB said:
    twmills said:
    know1 said:

Hey PJNB,

my number is  not to far off from 512XXX, where were your re-severed seats for Wrigley #2 last time or did you do GA?
    I got a pair from a fan that was not going to night 2 anymore. Their number was 460XXX I believe and we had decent seats on the 3rd base line. Section 109 2nd row I believe.  Those days seem to be gone though picking up a pair right before a show from a fan that can no longer attend. 

Post edited by PJNB on
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    JojoRice said:
    BLACK35 said:
    Just booked the Hilton Garden Inn this morning, just need the tickets now :)
    Staying there as well!!  
    I think there will be alot of us 10C there. Can't wait and maybe we'll run into each other 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    My 10c number is 416, anyone with a similar number go to a wrigley show before? Any idea of what kind of seats i would get if i dont win GA?
    I'm also 416xxx.  For the 2016 shows I was prob about 5-10 rows up right behind the third base dugout.  Not the greatest seats, but not too bad.  

Dosent sound too bad, thanks for the response.
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited January 2018
    I was in the pit for the 2013 show. Couldnt make 2016. Wasnt it like half that size? I don't remember it being that big, that really makes me just want decent seats that to be 100 feet to the side of the stage so close up.
    Pit was over crowded after the thunder delay, security made zero effort to stop hundreds from jumping over the gates and joining in, that was my only complaint, but even getting there just an hour before the show still ended up with a good spot.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,004
    Does anyone really let their membership lapse anymore?
    I can't see anyone with a 1XXXXX number not renewing just for this reason here...
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    BSully said:
    I can't see anyone with a 1XXXXX number not renewing just for this reason here...
    It could happen but probably less likely with auto renewal nowadays. 

Back in 08-09, I went through a shitty period (divorce, bankruptcy and all that jazz). I don't think I was in the right frame of mind for about 2 years and let my 191xxx lapse. Rejoined in late 09 to a 416xxx. 

Been to 16 shows and never within the first 30 rows which I'm reminds me of that stupid mistake back in 08-09. Now, I would GLADLY pay 10C an extra $100, plus membership fees for the time my membership was inactive, plus the next 5 years of membership fees to reinstate my old membership number.

They could then donate that $100 to the Vitolagy foundation. See? I don't come to you with just a problem, I also present you with a solution. 

Moral of the story, don't let your 10C membership lapse. So not worth it. :anguished:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • jtgreenjtgreen Posts: 75
    BSully said:
    I haven't let it lapse since I signed back up but I was broke in college and for a year or two after and didn't keep up with it. I dropped from 406XXX to 663XXX. I let it go before they introduced digital sadly.
    Hey, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm certainly not the dumbest.
  • 1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    edited January 2018
    twmills said:
    I might be the newest member on this board, I'm 664xxx. I wonder what I should realistically try for. I'm attempting to get tickets for both shows. I would like GA for at least one of them, if that's even doable.
    nope.... 676xxx here, lapsing way back when was dumb.  was a 1xxxxx and work, kids, wife, divorce, rinse, repeat,got in the way of PJ

I'll be there both nights, Marriott booked a week ago
    Post edited by 1upstate on
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
    Not sure if posted on here yet or not but the WISHLIST Pre-Party will be at Sluggers again for both shows.  They already have facebook groups up for both nights at Wrigley along with the other stadium shows too. 

• twmills said:
    If you wanted to have the best odds of getting GA for one show, I would put Wrigley night 2 GA as your 1st choice, then Wrigley night 1 reserved as your 2nd choice. Odds for Night 2 GA will be much better than night 1 (due to Saturday vs. Monday). I think you'd have no chance to get Night 1 GA as choice 2, but if you do GA Night 1 as choice 1 and GA night 2 as choice 2, you may get shut out on both.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    JojoRice said:
    Not sure if posted on here yet or not but the WISHLIST Pre-Party will be at Sluggers again for both shows.  They already have facebook groups up for both nights at Wrigley along with the other stadium shows too. 
    Hellllll yeah! I’m fired up... these two will be 18 & 19 for me.  Could be the year off or my recent move from WA to MI but it feels like new again
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    I want to go!  I want to go!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• I'm a relative 10C newbie as well, 668xxx, and it's my first lottery. My +1 can't do GA, so I'm putting in for reserved for one show (I guess night 2 is likely to be easier to snag?). Sounds like they're optimistic that they'll have enough seats to make that happen? 
    I'm a relative 10C newbie as well, 668xxx, and it's my first lottery. My +1 can't do GA, so I'm putting in for reserved for one show (I guess night 2 is likely to be easier to snag?). Sounds like they're optimistic that they'll have enough seats to make that happen? 
    If you do Reserved night 2 as your top choice you're almost definite to get tickets. 

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Both. If I get tickets 
    hippiemom = goodness