Options

Has a 10C Registration Deadline been set for the Home Shows?

GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
edited January 2018 in The Porch
...and if so, do you think the same date applies to the yet to be announced Wrigley/Fenway/Missoula? 

I'm long paid up, but I'm urging friends who want to go to the shows to sign up for a 10C membership. New member 10C seats are still pretty darn good seats overall, if you ask me!

Edit: I did do some reading and haven't seen anything, but I could be oblivious.
1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

Post edited by Gibson on

Comments

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    multiple friends have asked me for tips to get tickets and Ive told them to join the fan club too.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    In the past drawings, members were only eligible for the lottery if they were active prior to the announcement. If new members are allowed to sign up after the announcement and still enter the lottery, that wouldn't be fair to the current members. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    ZeldaZonk said:
    In the past drawings, members were only eligible for the lottery if they were active prior to the announcement. If new members are allowed to sign up after the announcement and still enter the lottery, that wouldn't be fair to the current members. 
    This is how it has been in the past. U had to be a member prior to the announcement, otherwise people would just wait for announcements for shows before signing up. 
  • Options
    Thank you everyone - I should have been more specific. I’m pretty much only concerned about Chicago/Boston. 

Im assuming Seattle is already cut off as well. 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Gibson said:
    Thank you everyone - I should have been more specific. I’m pretty much only concerned about Chicago/Boston. 

Im assuming Seattle is already cut off as well. 
    Gotcha. You are probably ok then. Or your friends are. At least based on my best recollection on how they have done it. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Nobody knows except the oracle
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Also, The Shadow. 

The Shadow knows. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Stone definitely knows.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    jmug23 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    This is how it has been in the past. U had to be a member prior to the announcement, otherwise people would just wait for announcements for shows before signing up. 
    Hopefully that will still be the case for Seattle since it's the only one that has been officially announced. It would suck if anyone signing up since yesterday is included in the lottery for the home shows. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,244
    I'm assuming all the shows are part of the same lottery so I don't think they'll have different cutoffs.  IE if they probably haven't announced the Seattle lottery, because they want to announce the other shows first.   I tend to agree with the cutoff the day before the announcement thing.   Kind of prioritizes tickets the regular members, not just people who signed up at the last 2nd for presale access?  Plus it keeps scalpers from coming in and buying memberships to enter the GA draws.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    This is anyone's guess. My guess is, as Zod said, since they haven't announced a lottery for the Seattle show...they probably are waiting to do all 7 shows in one lottery.

Where I'll differ is, I suspect people joining now will still be allowed in the lottery. Because it will still be before 5 of the shows were announced. And going off their past history, the cutoff date isn't there until they announce it the day after. If they made it retroactive to the day before the Seattle show was announced, they then would be in a sticky position where they might have to refund fan club payments made by people who joined in that area between then and whenever they announced the lottery.

I hope they let people in still, even if it hurts my chances slightly. Everyone deserves to experience a Pearl Jam show.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,773
    Image result for the oracle of omaha gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    Sarava said:
    This is anyone's guess. My guess is, as Zod said, since they haven't announced a lottery for the Seattle show...they probably are waiting to do all 7 shows in one lottery.

Where I'll differ is, I suspect people joining now will still be allowed in the lottery. Because it will still be before 5 of the shows were announced. And going off their past history, the cutoff date isn't there until they announce it the day after. If they made it retroactive to the day before the Seattle show was announced, they then would be in a sticky position where they might have to refund fan club payments made by people who joined in that area between then and whenever they announced the lottery.

I hope they let people in still, even if it hurts my chances slightly. Everyone deserves to experience a Pearl Jam show.
    Agreed. If they do the lotto today make the cut off yesterday like past dates. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    How about just wait until they freaking announce things?

neo advises GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    People rushing to sign up just to get tickets rub me the wrong way.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Signing up for tickets is better than signing up for Annual Singles

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Not that it matters, but they got in at 688XXX. I had no idea numbers were that high!

• Options
    People rushing to sign up just to get tickets rub me the wrong way.
    Ditto!
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Things took a slightly different turn this time, unfortunately.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    I doubt that many people signed up after the first announcement, really. Surely not enough people for any of us to get our noses in a twist about.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639