2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    If I only go to one show in 2018, make it a fucking Pearl Jam show!!!!
  • Any reasons why people are thinking Monday is the announcement day?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Any reasons why people are thinking Monday is the announcement day?
    Wishful thinking.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    If they are playing missoula it wont be at the new ampitheater.  Just contacted their concert promoter and they responded with "nothing that we are aware of" with regards to pj coming to missoula.  So if its happening bank on it being at the arena they normally play.  Not sure who the promoter would be for that.  Im guessing the university??

Even if they did know, do you really think they would just give that information out to any random person that calls prior to the band announcing it?
    sure, why not? your super annoying and your smart ass comments are non-productive.
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Any reasons why people are thinking Monday is the announcement day?
    Someone on Reddit posted something about being an intern at a radio station and seeing all of the cities PJ would be playing, and that it would be announced on Monday. The general consensus on here is that it's bogus, but it's always possible that the announcement for the summer shows could happen next week. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,294
    I knew i remembered an article a couple years ago mentioning pj representatives checking out the Oro-Medonte site!
    http://www.bestoftoronto.net/2015/06/burls-creek-a-preview-of-the-grounds-for-the-wayhome-music-festival/
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    I hope they stick with just the stadium show mini tour for now then followed by a new album towards the end of the year with a full blown arena/amphitheater tour after that for 2019. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • DEGBTI said:
    If they are playing missoula it wont be at the new ampitheater.  Just contacted their concert promoter and they responded with "nothing that we are aware of" with regards to pj coming to missoula.  So if its happening bank on it being at the arena they normally play.  Not sure who the promoter would be for that.  Im guessing the university??

Even if they did know, do you really think they would just give that information out to any random person that calls prior to the band announcing it?
    sure, why not? your super annoying and your smart ass comments are non-productive.
    He’s being reasonable and using common sense which is seriously lacking in this thread.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,294
    edited January 2018
    DEGBTI said:

He’s being reasonable and using common sense which is seriously lacking in this thread.
    I respectfully disagree.
    Post edited by primussucks on
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • BigReddBigRedd Posts: 23
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    DEGBTI said:

The tone is always condescending. 
  • MB93672MB93672 Posts: 255
    edited January 2018
    DEGBTI said:

If we’re using common sense...

Your: showing possession, as in “your friend is a buh hole”
    You’re: a contraction of you and are, as in “you’re a buh hole”

Post edited by MB93672 on
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    We need an announcement soon because it's getting salty in here
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    guys/girls, we all have the same passion. Just be cool to one another. If someone says something dumb, just move on. No need to belittle others. That's all I'm sayin
  • MB93672MB93672 Posts: 255
    edited January 2018

Post edited by MB93672 on
  • edited January 2018
    Tried to get more info regarding an announcement. Nothing definite but probably February or March. Also asked if anything had changed but was given the silent treatment. Probably won’t post anything else due to alternative nation
    Post edited by LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    100 Pacer said:
    All I know is my wife is going to see JT and tickets aren't cheap but I'm told "don't even get me started on how many times you see Pearl Jam!"
    lol yeah with how many times you’ve seen them I’m sure she’s due for a show my wife wanted to see Boccelli at MSG this past December tickets were expensive but it was worth it show was great ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Tried to get more info regarding an announcement. Nothing definite but probably February or March. Also asked if anything had changed but was given the silent treatment. Probably won’t post anything else due to alternative nation

Ugh, don't you love it when one person ruins it for the rest? Thanks for trying, though. Maybe we'll get an announcement sooner rather than later.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 870
    Can someone clarify for me what this Dimi dude’s qualifications and/or connections are? As in, who is he and how does he get his info? I’m not being a smart ass at all, I’m genuinely curious. People seem to rely pretty heavily on his intel. 
  • They are announcing a concert at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City (the first in 39 years at that location) tomorrow at 10am CST. Based on the other baseball stadium rumors and our proximity to Chicago it could be them. On the other hand the Glass family who owns the team doesn't strike me as the type to open the stadium for such an event for the first time since they've owned the team to a rock band. My fingers are still crossed. And if it is them we will get a full blown tour announcement at 10am CST tomorrow.
  • Just did a quick search and Zac Brown Band is playing a ton of stadiums and they will be in South Dakota before heading to Fenway and the Royals are out of town in the gap of those two shows. My guess is Zac Brown on June 10 or 11th. But it could be PJ!!!!!!!!
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    KC2917 said:
    Can someone clarify for me what this Dimi dude’s qualifications and/or connections are? As in, who is he and how does he get his info? I’m not being a smart ass at all, I’m genuinely curious. People seem to rely pretty heavily on his intel. 
    He’s just a super fan like the rest of us but seems to have some inside info.  Not sure his source as most don’t tend to ask.  I believe he has posted some pics with “the rob” in the past so maybe he hears stuff from him or maybe he has just made friends with some of the 10 club staff or road crew.  He has definitely been nice enough to give me some info before becoming public which helped me with some plans. Either way, his info always seems to be legit and he seems to share whatever he’s comfortable sharing. 
  • Tried to get more info regarding an announcement. Nothing definite but probably February or March. Also asked if anything had changed but was given the silent treatment. Probably won’t post anything else due to alternative nation
    Man that's disappointing if true. That seems like forever right now!

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    rvapete said:
    jmug23 said:
    Sarava said:
    I'm thinking the lack of other leaks means there's not much else out there.  This day an age, you almost always hear about something before it happens.  Safeco, Wrigley, Fenway, and Philly (was that rumor solid?)
    Yeah. It just feels odd that after big South America and Europe tours, that they would only touch America so lightly. Hopefully there's more. The west coast is seriously overdue for a tour.
    Have to be saving themselves for an album tour the year after. Europe and Sth America bring the dollars. 
    Honestly, I’d be ok if they doubled or even tripled their prices for 10C tickets if it meant they toured more. I definitely think they should only tour as much as they want, but if it’s about making more money, count me in as someone who thinks we get an amazing price for an unbelievable 3-4 hour experience. I would have no problem paying much higher prices.  Just my opinion of course. 
    I think age/life commitments are the biggest inhibitor of the band touring these days rather than profit.  I agree we are spoiled at the current price point (fortunately) 
    I tend to think the same thing.  I think they go out there thinking.  Lets play 20 shows this year.  Then they try and figure out how they can play to the most amount of fans for 20 shows.     I don't think they're style to
    BigRedd said:
    My first real PJ show was there in '98.  The picture makes the stadium seem smaller than I remember it :)
  • pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    KC2917 said:
    Zero, nada, zilch, zippy.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Now that its looking like baseball stadiums only for the US tour; does anyone know of any venues they will play in the US that do not allow GA in front of the stage? I live in NJ and would like to see them in Philly; but Cititzens Parks allows GA and I prefer to have a reserved seat. I got third row in Fenway in 2016 due to seniority. I guess I will try for Fenway Tix again as I know they don't allow GA there. Any other stops on the tour that do not allow GA? Thanks.  Andrew
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Drdeal said:
    Now that its looking like baseball stadiums only for the US tour; does anyone know of any venues they will play in the US that do not allow GA in front of the stage? I live in NJ and would like to see them in Philly; but Cititzens Parks allows GA and I prefer to have a reserved seat. I got third row in Fenway in 2016 due to seniority. I guess I will try for Fenway Tix again as I know they don't allow GA there. Any other stops on the tour that do not allow GA? Thanks.  Andrew
    To get 3rd row at Fenway your number must of been low 10,XXX. I saw multiple people with crazy low numbers fairly far back like row 13 and 14 especially night 1 with all of the VIP tickets in front. Of course there is the lottery for rows 1,2 and 9,10 but that is different. With regards to the other shows Chicago obviously has a history of GA. Safeco has had both and so has Citizen Bank(if the rumours are true) so we will just have to wait and see. For that matter Fenway has had GA at it's concerts too so who knows maybe Pearl Jam will this time too. 
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    DEGBTI said:
    guys/girls, we all have the same passion. Just be cool to one another. If someone says something dumb, just move on. No need to belittle others. That's all I'm sayin
    You're the only person that belittled someone and now you're telling others not to belittle one another.  Trying to understand your behavior is like trying to smell the number 6.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Journey & Def Lepard are touring stadiums. Busch Stadium in STL confirmed
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJNB said:
    Drdeal said:
    To get 3rd row at Fenway your number must of been low 10,XXX. I saw multiple people with crazy low numbers fairly far back like row 13 and 14 especially night 1 with all of the VIP tickets in front. Of course there is the lottery for rows 1,2 and 9,10 but that is different. With regards to the other shows Chicago obviously has a history of GA. Safeco has had both and so has Citizen Bank(if the rumours are true) so we will just have to wait and see. For that matter Fenway has had GA at it's concerts too so who knows maybe Pearl Jam will this time too. 
    I was row 8 with a 139XXX fan club number.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......