2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• RBAlive2727RBAlive2727 Posts: 97
    edited January 2018
    chiefnjk said:
    my2hands said:
    They always play a benefit show for Jon Tester in an election year for him... if they play the new ampitheater we might go out, if it's the arena we likely won't 
    https://logjampresents.com/venue-info/kettlehouse-amphitheater/

"Next year, we'll have a different level of band that normally wouldn't play a 4,000-capacity venue," he said.
    http://missoulian.com/entertainment/music/kettlehouse-amphitheater-aims-to-be-red-rocks-of-western-montana/article_a02d56af-d302-5f1a-9320-dc948712abd8.html
    I think someone pointed this article out before but I can't remember. Seems like this would be a pretty tough ticket to get.

Any show in MT will be a tough gig to get. I doubt there is anything over 10K+ there. I wouldn't mind seeing them play at MU Grizzlies stadium...That is a Badass Setting.

Post edited by RBAlive2727 on
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    8/20/16 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1
    8/13/18 Missoula**MT WA-Grizz Stadium 
    8/18/18 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1 
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,294
    I was at the show at Grizzly stadium in 1998.  One of my most memorable shows!  Beautiful setting!  My sister lived 1 mile from the stadium at the time so pretty convenient for me.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    nalyd61 said:
    there is this cool dude plays bass guitar in the band,.where is he from?
    I love Montana- The last show was awesome
    It really was. It was my first time to Montana, and I would definitely be up for return to Missoula for another PJ show!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,294
    I think the arena (which they typically play when they come to missoula) has a capacity of 7 or 8k.  Was at the 2005 show there.  Its the smallest venue ive seen pj in.  If they play that new amphitheatre i may have to head out there again!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    Montana is on the wife's bucket list for places to visit.  Let's do this!
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Man if it’s as small a venue as some are stating, tickets will be impossible to get.  Should be an exciting lottery!
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    I’m starting to worry about Philly, Dimi has never hinted at it even a bit, even when asked, plus that other guy mentioned 7 shows total, and with Dimi now hinting Montana that adds up perfectly for Seattle, Chicago, Boston and Montana. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    RiotZact said:
    I’m starting to worry about Philly, Dimi has never hinted at it even a bit, even when asked, plus that other guy mentioned 7 shows total, and with Dimi now hinting Montana that adds up perfectly for Seattle, Chicago, Boston and Montana. 
    Ya I have been thinking this too for awhile. Really hoping the Philly dates are true and they are the second weekend of September. Booked vacation based on this though I knew it had a strong chance of not being accurate. 
  • Man, if it ends up only being 7 shows for the year, that would be a real bummer. Can't we get 30 so it's much easier to get tickets? lol 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    RiotZact said:
    That they would play Citizens Bank has always seemed a little weird to me. That's something you do when touring dozens of ballparks, not just playing a few shows. But...it's also kind of weird to me that they're playing Wrigley and Fenway again. So who knows? Stranger things have happened.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    RiotZact said:
    That they would play Citizens Bank has always seemed a little weird to me. That's something you do when touring dozens of ballparks, not just playing a few shows. But...it's also kind of weird to me that they're playing Wrigley and Fenway again. So who knows? Stranger things have happened.
    I thought it was a good chance because it would attract a lot of east coast customers without really overlapping with Fenway too much. It may even be the fastest sellout of the bunch if Fenway would be the closest competition.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Philly tickets are some of the hardest to get. They would definitely sell it out if they played at Citizens Bank park. I hope they do play Philly because it might lessen the lottery demand for other shows.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    JojoRice said:
    Philly tickets are some of the hardest to get. They would definitely sell it out if they played at Citizens Bank park. I hope they do play Philly because it might lessen the lottery demand for other shows.
    Not might, it will. I know that my uncle and I are both entering for Seattle if there is no Philly. 
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    there is this cool dude plays bass guitar in the band,.where is he from?
    You're the best dimitri...thanks for all your posts!
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    jmug23 said:
    Man if it’s as small a venue as some are stating, tickets will be impossible to get.  Should be an exciting lottery!
    It is tiny.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    2 years ago today we got the Anouncment Coming Soon video. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    Another day that might be the day...

• Dead and Company release summer tour plans. 
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Dead and Company release summer tour plans. 
    Yeah, it seems like a ton of bands have announced a tour in the past two days.
    Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats announced their tour yesterday too.
    Jack White and Tedeschi  Trucks Band/Drive-By Truckers announced a tour the day before.

Come on Pearl Jam!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited January 2018
    I assume Montana is definite... even if they didn't tour they would play a show for Jon Tester... my guess is it would be a warmup before Safeco... 

My question is i wonder if they would consider 2 shows in Missoula? I seriously doubt it, but that would make it more enticing to try for tix from the east coast

If they don't play philly we may skip 2018 completely. Decisions, decisions 
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    JojoRice said:
    I’m thinking the same thing. The more shows the better otherwise getting tickets will be very difficult. If Seattle is the only west coast show, it will also be extremely difficult. Hoping for a surprise venue like dodger stadium. 
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    They are not playing Philly.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    vedpunk said:
    Just 7 shows then?
    I understand Eddie's affinity for Wrigley Field and if they are playing ballparks again the band obviously enjoyed 2016. But, with Alpine trying to relaunch after taking last year off, it would be cool if Pearl Jam made an appearance. That venue will always hold a special place in its history. And I'm saying this as someone who has never seen a show there.

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Alpine Valley is a great venue. 
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    JimmyV said:
    I understand Eddie's affinity for Wrigley Field and if they are playing ballparks again the band obviously enjoyed 2016. But, with Alpine trying to relaunch after taking last year off, it would be cool if Pearl Jam made an appearance. That venue will always hold a special place in its history. And I'm saying this as someone who has never seen a show there.
    I love Alpine Valley. I saw so many amazing shows there when I was younger. It's kind of sad how it has died off. I think 3 things primarily have killed alpine off. More shows at Wrigley, more shows at Soldier Field, and when the amphitheater was built in Tinley Park. It's made it so there's an option for everything in or close to Chicago.

The only thing I don't miss from Alpine is that horrible fog you usually have to drive through after shows. 
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
  • PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:
    Just 7 shows then?
    I think that was the original rumored number.
  • vedpunk said:
    Been lurking for awhile and while I don't want to contribute based on hearsay, a source close to the Phillies said nothing has been in the works. Hope I'm wrong but not looking good. 
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Also, I believe Dimi said something about PJ playing "all 3 months of summer"--we know June and July already with Europe, plus rumored stadium dates in August, so it seems like Philly in mid-September would be out.