The Gym

2»

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    The Fixer wrote:
    Was doing cable flies today and some turd asks me to work in. no problem. then he proceeds to set up mats, a bench, and change the height of the cables. took me a lot of willpower to not tell the dude that in the time it took him to set shit up I could have finished my two sets I had left.

Seemed like this guy was in my way throughout my entire workout. That ever happen to anyone?

I can't stand douchebags

:lol: What an ass.

I can't bring myself to ask to "work in." It's just as easy to maybe do a different exercise until that machine is open. Unless you really are on a strict structure of your workout, I guess.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    dcfaithful wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Was doing cable flies today and some turd asks me to work in. no problem. then he proceeds to set up mats, a bench, and change the height of the cables. took me a lot of willpower to not tell the dude that in the time it took him to set shit up I could have finished my two sets I had left.

Seemed like this guy was in my way throughout my entire workout. That ever happen to anyone?

I can't stand douchebags

I can't bring myself to ask to "work in." It's just as easy to maybe do a different exercise until that machine is open. Unless you really are on a strict structure of your workout, I guess.

I'm the same way. Only time I really ask is if I'm finishing up and there aren't any other options.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    The Fixer wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I can't stand douchebags

I'm the same way. Only time I really ask is if I'm finishing up and there aren't any other options.

That, and you probably don't plan on setting up camp there either. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Bodybuilding.jpg
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    why the hell do people wear winter hats in the gym...ever? this never makes sense, but is especially confusing during the summer.

also, I think today was 'ladies bring a tool to the gym day'. it was like shallow hal, just the opposite.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    My friends cousin is updating his status on facebook all the time and checking in all the time to gyms.
    He goes to about 3 different gyms and goes a few times a day even at midnight, the dude is huge now.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    The Fixer wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Ahhh I hate asking to "work in". I only do it if it's really packed and I only have one last machine or exercise to do. I could rant for days about shit at the gym that drives me nuts...
    the new gym fad that I don't understand is guys wearing leatards under their shorts.  pretty sure these guys sit down to pee
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    The Fixer said:
    the new gym fad that I don't understand is guys wearing leatards under their shorts.  pretty sure these guys sit down to pee
    If it's like the guys at my gym, it's just compression pants. Supposedly they help with circulation and some other cardiovascular stuff. Actual scientific studies on them show mixed results.

I don't wear them. They just look uncomfortable to me.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    I thought the fixer got banned.

no? :confounded:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited January 2018
    Why do guys feel the need to carry a gallon of water that they only drink a quarter of?
    I'm guessing they saw some swole brah on YouTube doing it so they jump onboard.

The Planet Fitness I use isn't real strict on most things, but they don't allow gallon jugs, thankfully.
    They need to ban nipples.  These guys with their T-shirts cut into tank tops walking around with their nipples out, it's ridiculous.  We get it brah, you lift.  Now put on a real shirt.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    :how_interesting:

Sorry, something was missing. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    The Fixer said:
    If it's like the guys at my gym, it's just compression pants. Supposedly they help with circulation and some other cardiovascular stuff. Actual scientific studies on them show mixed results.

You probably don't wear them because you're a guy
    Wobbie said:

nah, just don't come around much anymore.  check in every now and then and it's the same shit.

edited January 2018
    rgambs said:
    Why do guys feel the need to carry a gallon of water that they only drink a quarter of?

The Planet Fitness I use isn't real strict on most things, but they don't allow gallon jugs, thankfully.
    They need to ban nipples.  These guys with their T-shirts cut into tank tops walking around with their nipples out, it's ridiculous.  We get it brah, you lift.  Now put on a real shirt.
    yeah, the gallon of water is a total meathead move.  

yesterday there was a guy at my gym carrying a tupperware container full of chalk.  He was getting that shit all over the place, clapping his hands together to pump himself up before sets, and just generally acting like a huge tool.  He was wearing gloves too, which made it even more hilarious - haha.

not sure wtf is wrong with people.  I wanted to ask him if he was training for the olympics
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The Fixer said:
    rgambs said:

yeah, the gallon of water is a total meathead move.  

yesterday there was a guy at my gym carrying a tupperware container full of chalk.  He was getting that shit all over the place, clapping his hands together to pump himself up before sets, and just generally acting like a huge tool.  He was wearing gloves too, which made it even more hilarious - haha.

not sure wtf is wrong with people.  I wanted to ask him if he was training for the olympics
    He has probably convinced himself that he is!
    I'm at the gym now and it's a shit show.  Cut off tees with nipples out and ILS everywhere.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:

You probably don't wear them because you're a guy
    Ha! Maybe so.
    Wait. Chalk and gloves? Wtf? That just screams douche.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    The Fixer said:
    Wobbie said:

nah, just don't come around much anymore.  check in every now and then and it's the same shit.

I always enjoyed your take on philly sports teams.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16