******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Awesome time at the game. The D was great. Our RB's better sleep with a football this week.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Lurie dancing was great.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

^

Yeah it was. I loved the game plan and how they stuck with it even when getting down a little bit. Scwhwartz made some nice adjustments at halftime.

The way Doug got Agholar involved in the run game reminded me how Andy used to get Desean involved back in the day.

chinese-happy.jpg

^

Yeah it was. I loved the game plan and how they stuck with it even when getting down a little bit. Scwhwartz made some nice adjustments at halftime.

The way Doug got Agholar involved in the run game reminded me how Andy used to get Desean involved back in the day.

That was nice using Nellie like Tyreek Hill. Now get him in the passing attack this week.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    I'm a tit bit more confident heading into this one than last week...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I'm a tit bit more confident heading into this one than last week...
    I think facing Keenum over Brees is a big factor in that. Although Case has played very well.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    OK, which one of you knuckleheads punched a police horse?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    I wish the horse would've hit him back.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    dankind said:
    I wish the horse would've hit him back.

horse doesn't have opposable thumbs
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    LIttle disappointed there isn't more chatter in here. What has become of us?

And I know I'm about to mush the shit out of this, but I'm wayyyy more confident in this game now that it's Minnesota and not New Orleans.
    What's left to say? We'd rather face Keenum over Brees and they'd rather face Foles over Ryan. There's still plenty of trepidation due to Wentz but we have a great shot this Sunday. Looks like a perfect day for Tailgating as well. Fly Eagles Fly. Cox and Nellie need big days again.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Foles was 8 for 10 out of play action on Saturday. Keep doing what your doing Doug.  GO BIRDS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    If Nellie comes up large I am going to go back to when I told you all what a good draft pick I thought he was.  If he is inconsequential, I will say something silly about your coaching being the issue.  ;)

It would be better for the Birds if the weather was shitty.  Looks like it is going to be pretty nice out.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    That's another thing - Coach of the Year has to be named Doug Pederson right? That's fucking crazy to say.

And I'd rather it be a shitty, cold night down there instead of, what, looking like it's not going to get below 40.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited January 2018

And I know I'm about to mush the shit out of this, but I'm wayyyy more confident in this game now that it's Minnesota and not New Orleans.
    I feel the exact opposite - haha.  I had the eagles plus three, eagles on the moneyline, and eagles on the second half moneyline.  Also got extremely lucky with the titans garbage time td to push that game over.  Then on the minn play on a huge vikings -5 bet to earn a push.  Great weekend for the fixer. 

I hope I'm wrong but I think the eagles lose by double digits on sunday.  I'd love to see how teams have done hisorically in the playoffs following a lucky ass play/win like the vikes pulled off.  For example, the eagles shitting the bed at home the week after fourth and 26.

Thought that time out before the field goal was gonna cost them the game.  Probably the dumbest thing I have ever seen -- even worse than the challenge of the two yard completion on first down last year (honorable mention for the falcons playcalling on that final series).  I would have run the ball on third down, then gone for it assuming it was fourth and short.

was talking with my friend after the game -- we agreed that we should be more excited about the eagles being a win away from the super bowl.  doesn't feel that way at all

Steelers lost the week after the Immaculate Reception and, yeah of course 4th and 26. I can't think of others. Something to be said for teams blowing their emotional loads in those kinds of games I guess.

To me, it took a little while to build up the excitement. Losing Wentz is a huge part of that. Being down there all day last week and feeling the energy in the stadium rocketed up my excitement level pretty quickly though.

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2018

Steelers lost the week after the Immaculate Reception and, yeah of course 4th and 26. I can't think of others. Something to be said for teams blowing their emotional loads in those kinds of games I guess.

To me, it took a little while to build up the excitement. Losing Wentz is a huge part of that. Being down there all day last week and feeling the energy in the stadium rocketed up my excitement level pretty quickly though.

titans rode the music city miracle (round 1) to the super bowl.  that's the only example I can think of a crazy play helping a team with momentum.  Usually they shit themselves the next week, hopefully that trend continues with the vikings this week.  I think the eagles are going to lose, but I will still be betting on them.

My wife's cousin has connections to the falcons.  Turned down tickets on saturday.  I just don't enjoy going to NFL games anymore.  Had a handful of people at our house, got really drunk -- no regrets.

That's another thing - Coach of the Year has to be named Doug Pederson right? That's fucking crazy to say.

And I'd rather it be a shitty, cold night down there instead of, what, looking like it's not going to get below 40.

I'd give it to him. Guy pushed all the right buttons this year. Definitely earned my respect.
    chinese-happy.jpg

I'd give it to him. Guy pushed all the right buttons this year. Definitely earned my respect.
    I want to like him but I still don't trust him in big spots.  He was definitely much better with challenges and time outs this year than he was last year (he was terrible with that stuff last year), the seattle debacle being the only exception. 

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Can we just go ahead get rid of the "norfeast" from Philly proper?

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2018/01/17/eagles-police-northeast-philly/

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Every time I take the Tacony bridge over on my way to some meetings out Fort Washington, Horsham, Lansdale way I wonder what the place must be like.  Clearly not anywhere I would want to live.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Some tough neighborhoods right over that bridge, for sure.
    Can we just go ahead get rid of the "norfeast" from Philly proper?

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2018/01/17/eagles-police-northeast-philly/

such a shithole

in other news...new Dr Dog album dropping in April.  Playing Festival Pier this summer on a saturday.  Definitely grabbing tix to that.  Their shows are always a great time

Already shaping up to be a great year for shows
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    dankind said:
    Hahaha, idiot. 
    edited January 2018
    The Fixer said:

I feel the exact opposite - haha.  I had the eagles plus three, eagles on the moneyline, and eagles on the second half moneyline.  Also got extremely lucky with the titans garbage time td to push that game over.  Then on the minn play on a huge vikings -5 bet to earn a push.  Great weekend for the fixer. 

I hope I'm wrong but I think the eagles lose by double digits on sunday.  I'd love to see how teams have done hisorically in the playoffs following a lucky ass play/win like the vikes pulled off.  For example, the eagles shitting the bed at home the week after fourth and 26.

Thought that time out before the field goal was gonna cost them the game.  Probably the dumbest thing I have ever seen -- even worse than the challenge of the two yard completion on first down last year (honorable mention for the falcons playcalling on that final series).  I would have run the ball on third down, then gone for it assuming it was fourth and short.

was talking with my friend after the game -- we agreed that we should be more excited about the eagles being a win away from the super bowl.  doesn't feel that way at all
    Yeah, I would just take my chances against Keenum instead of Brees. Defense is incredibly legit, but I'll never buy into Minnesota - always a lot of hype with their teams and then they lay an egg. And like you said they blew their load last week against a rookie making a terrible terrible play on the ball/player.

Maybe I'm just convincing myself, but the Birds played a terrible game last week and found a way to win. I think they can improve on all the bullshit they did last week.

I'm thinking Clement has the best game of the RBs and Minny's O-line blows. Graham and company better rip Keenum's head off.
    edited January 2018
    hope you're right man.  the difference between playing minnesota and atlanta is that one team is good and the other one sucks.

I don't see how the eagles offense scores at all on sunday.  Gonna need 2 or 3 turnovers to win methinks
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    And at any rate this is all house money. Of course I want them to win, but I expected nothing beyond last week.

But.....if this is how they win it all. Holy fuck look out. I'll be ringing the Liberty Bell over that police horse's head.
    And at any rate this is all house money. Of course I want them to win, but I expected nothing beyond last week.

But.....if this is how they win it all. Holy fuck look out. I'll be ringing the Liberty Bell over that police horse's head.

chinese-happy.jpg