2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    mca47 said:
    So Kyle Long had neck surgery?!?  That guy is an absolute mess.  Has been playing with a torn labrum for the past 2 seasons and his ankle was absolutely destroyed last year.  I know he's a tough dude and wants to play, but he probably shouldn't have played at all this season.  Hopefully he can get himself healthy again because he's a pretty damn good player when he is healthy.

I've been offered free tickets for the Browns game my multiple people.  My response has been a simple 'LOL' text back.  Supposed to be cold on Sunday too....that shithole of a stadium is going to be empty.  
    Yeah, there would be ZERO chance I take anyone's tickets....even if they were free....to see that shitty team embarrass themselves at a freezing ass Soldier Field.  F that!

But yeah, I tend to see Kyle Long having much shorter career than he or any of us expected.  
    Part of me almost hopes they lose to the Browns in front of a half empty stadium....really show the McCaskey's how much of a disaster this organization is right now.

It's time to break the bank and hand Josh McDaniel's a blank check to come take over this mess....but who knows if he would even take calls from the Bears.  He has the luxury of waiting for a perfect situation.  His brother is already on the Bears staff......which could be a bad thing.  He could tell his brother to stay the hell away from this team..
    Fox is officially out.  Hopefully they're on the phone with McDaniels already!  
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    The whole front office needs to go. Blow it up and start from scratch. Until they can show the ability to draft wisely we’ll be stuck in neutral. They could bring in Vince Lombardi and still wouldn’t have a chance with this group of clowns running the organization. 
    bbiggs said:
    The whole front office needs to go. Blow it up and start from scratch. Until they can show the ability to draft wisely we’ll be stuck in neutral. They could bring in Vince Lombardi and still wouldn’t have a chance with this group of clowns running the organization. 
    Pace has done some good things, but has had some real head-scratching moves as well.  Not sure if we want the Bears to turn into the Browns and fire everyone every 2-3 years.

But I do think that Ted Phillips needs to be moved to a business-side only role.  This guy is the president of the team and he's a fucking accountant.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    harbaugh.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Wobbie said:
    harbaugh.
    If they hire that clown I will not root for the Bears as long as he's the coach. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    Wobbie said:
    harbaugh.

No thanks.
    Why why why is Ted Phillips going to be involved in the coaching search????  The guy should not be anywhere near football decisions.  Let him handle the business side of things....bring in a team president who actually knows a thing or 2 about football.  Hopefully him and that dope George McCaskey let Pace make this decision....those 2 clowns are fully responsible for this complete disaster of a franchise.  
    ^ Amen 
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    The org is a joke. Until Virginia croaks and they sell, nothing changes!

Even when Virginia dies, her idiot kids will still be running the show.  They'll never sell.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244

Even when Virginia dies, her idiot kids will still be running the show.  They'll never sell.
    Exactly.  Sad but true.
    That said, glad Fox is gone.  Hope they can keep Fangio and get a head coach with a more modern mindset.  
  • Run, Run, Pass.  Enjoy one of the worst OC of all time Miami.  Did I miss something, did he get fired from the Bears or did someone actually seek him out?  So good to see him go.....Dowell Loggains that is.
    Run, Run, Pass.  Enjoy one of the worst OC of all time Miami.  Did I miss something, did he get fired from the Bears or did someone actually seek him out?  So good to see him go.....Dowell Loggains that is.
    I believe Gase wanted him.  
    Gase does all the play calling so maybe his influence on the gameday decisions (playcalling, etc.) will be limited.  
    I tend to believe that DL's hands were tied in Chicago.  Pretty sure Fox limited the playbook and told him to run a basic/generic offense.  I mean, it was Fox that wanted to start Glennon.  Can't imagine DL being on board with that decision.
    Either way, I'm ok with it.  
    mca47 said:
    Run, Run, Pass.  Enjoy one of the worst OC of all time Miami.  Did I miss something, did he get fired from the Bears or did someone actually seek him out?  So good to see him go.....Dowell Loggains that is.
    I believe Gase wanted him.  
    Gase does all the play calling so maybe his influence on the gameday decisions (playcalling, etc.) will be limited.  
    I tend to believe that DL's hands were tied in Chicago.  Pretty sure Fox limited the playbook and told him to run a basic/generic offense.  I mean, it was Fox that wanted to start Glennon.  Can't imagine DL being on board with that decision.
    Either way, I'm ok with it.  

So long, Dowell.  I do wonder how much Fox limited what he could call, but who cares.  I don't want anyone on the offensive staff coming back.  
    Now we just need to find some receivers!  Cameron Meredith is not a 1. 
    bbiggs said:
    Now we just need to find some receivers!  Cameron Meredith is not a 1. 
    Yeah, the good news is that the teams higher in the draft have other needs than WR.  I figure at least 2 QBs, 1 RB (Barkley), and a couple linemen go prior to the Bears #8 pick.  Should leave the door open for a top 3 WR.
    Meredith, when healthy should be a decent #2 or slot receiver.  I've completely given up on White.
    ^ That would make too much sense for the bears to use logic and draft a WR there. They’ll probably give a kings ransom to move up 1 spot in the draft to get a player at a position we don’t need (and who would be there at 8 anyway).  

If I was an nfl GM drafting around the Bears I’d be licking my chops. It’s like when I have the biggest dope in my fantasy league drafting just before or after me...I know I’m getting gift wrapped something nice!! Lol 
    Bears hire Cheifs OC Matt Nagy as their next head coach.  Not sure how I feel about this hire.  Definitely not who my first choice was.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22003971/chicago-bears-name-former-kansas-city-chiefs-offensive-coordinator-matt-nagy-head-coach
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:
    Bears hire Cheifs OC Matt Nagy as their next head coach.  Not sure how I feel about this hire.  Definitely not who my first choice was.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22003971/chicago-bears-name-former-kansas-city-chiefs-offensive-coordinator-matt-nagy-head-coach

Glad they went with a young, offensive guy.  I know this guy loves Trubisky so hopefully he'll help him make a big leap next year.
  • KC138045 said:

I'll give him a chance, but it's not the guy I thought they would go after.  Pro and Con at the same time, he's spent his entire career under Andy Reid I believe.....

KC138045 said:

I'll give him a chance, but it's not the guy I thought they would go after.  Pro and Con at the same time, he's spent his entire career under Andy Reid I believe.....

Don't get me wrong I'll give the guy a chance.  I'm more surprised by the hire than anything.  I wish him luck and hopefully he can get the Bears going in the right direction.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    I didn't even know Nagy was on their radar.  Of all the names that have come out that the Bears might be looking at I don't recall seeing this guy.  Who knows how this will work out, but I do hope they can retain Fangio.
    Nagy seems to be a likable guy and led a powerful offense, but Andy Reid had the final say and called the plays.  
    We shall see...
    mca47 said:
    I didn't even know Nagy was on their radar.  Of all the names that have come out that the Bears might be looking at I don't recall seeing this guy.  Who knows how this will work out, but I do hope they can retain Fangio.
    Nagy seems to be a likable guy and led a powerful offense, but Andy Reid had the final say and called the plays.  
    We shall see...

Nagy took over as play caller for the last few games this season and the Chiefs finished strong.  Hopefully he's the right guy.
    mca47 said:
    We shall see...

Nagy took over as play caller for the last few games this season and the Chiefs finished strong.  Hopefully he's the right guy.
    Ahhh...didn't realize that.
    Just read Fangio is expected to stay on. That’s a good move. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I'm not sure he's the guy they were after, I just think at this point, head coach of the Chicago Bears i's not a very desirable destination for many coaches. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mca47 said:
    We shall see...

Chiefs may have finished the regular season strong, but laid a massive egg in the second half of their wild card game.  Nagy admits he makes those calls, and he stunk.

So, it looks like Fangio is staying put and now Nagy is trying to get Dave Taub to come over/come back to the Bears.  That would be HUGE!
    I'm not sure he's the guy they were after, I just think at this point, head coach of the Chicago Bears i's not a very desirable destination for many coaches. 

Then who were they after???  Who knows if Nagy is the right guy, but I haven't heard or seen anything indicating that they offered someone else and were turned down. 

Bears job probably isn't the most desirable in the league, but it's still a pretty good job.  They have a massive fanbase that is absolutely dying for a winner.  Chicago is a Bears town....when the Bears are good, this whole city goes wild.