Options

I'm high on marijuana RIGHT NOW!!

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mca47 said:
    brianlux said:
    Weed always made me way too paranoid and who knows WTH it was laced with back then and the combo of the experimental drugs of the 90's probably didn't help my psychosis either .... only way out of that was to clean and throw everything away like a madman,  stay busy!! 

Not a terrible side effect I suppose, but I always enjoyed those rare occasions when I could actually smoke a joint, laugh, relax and hold a conversation...any conversation. That being said... I haven't smoked weed in probably 15+ years... Truthfully...I stayed away from it because it occassionally felt like it triggered a bad acid flashback... yes I experimented few times with psychadelics. Maybe 5 times in the 90s. With the new, more regulated marijuana I feel like I could actually special order something that could help me get over my "fear of paranoia" marijuana. I would like to try something to relax me, but not make me paranoid. Just a tiny bit. What to try?
    Acid is a tricky drug and it affects different people on a very wide spectrum.  I've known people who have taken it hundreds of times and they seem perfectly normal, but then I've also known people who have taken it a lot and are permanently super spaced out (and usually not in a good way).  I took it three or four times in the early 70's and my experiences ranged from a barely maintainable, slightly fun trip to oh-my-God-I'm-going-to-die living hell trip.  For me, not a good choice, no fun.

Pot varies a lot too.  Some strains make me super paranoid and anxious.  Some are very euphoric but those have been rare finds and have found nothing like that in quite a while. 

Today you can get high CBD/low THC strains (36% CBD, 31% THC) that are quite pleasant.  Just a very mild high with  little to no cognitive impairment.  They aford mild to moderate pain relief and are quite relaxing.   And you can get them in handy little vaporizer "pens" (in states where it's legal or with a marijuana medical card).  Just make sure to ask someone to show you how to use the vape properly.  
    I’m totally a lightweight and I’m more than ok with it.  College was a different story...haha!
    Anyways, I take any new strain and treat it like a new bourbon or whiskey you haven’t tried yet.  By the way, I’m a huge whiskey fan so you know where this comparison is coming from...
    Sip it slow, enjoy the notes, the flavors, the aroma, the after taste.  Same thing with pot.  Take er nice and slow and stop whenever the feels are right.  
    I hate being really messed up, which is why I generally avoid edibles anymore.  I like to be in control of my high.  
    Okay, I was going to ask about those... are they generally higher in THC or is it just the way that it's ingested that makes the effects stronger?
    It's tougher (for me, anyway) to gauge the amount when eaten as it hits later, sometimes even harder, vs. smoking or vaping it.  That said, I know not to go over 5-10 mgs. of a treat at once and then give it some time.

All the while still hitting the bowl =)
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    mca47 said:
    brianlux said:
    Weed always made me way too paranoid and who knows WTH it was laced with back then and the combo of the experimental drugs of the 90's probably didn't help my psychosis either .... only way out of that was to clean and throw everything away like a madman,  stay busy!! 

Not a terrible side effect I suppose, but I always enjoyed those rare occasions when I could actually smoke a joint, laugh, relax and hold a conversation...any conversation. That being said... I haven't smoked weed in probably 15+ years... Truthfully...I stayed away from it because it occassionally felt like it triggered a bad acid flashback... yes I experimented few times with psychadelics. Maybe 5 times in the 90s. With the new, more regulated marijuana I feel like I could actually special order something that could help me get over my "fear of paranoia" marijuana. I would like to try something to relax me, but not make me paranoid. Just a tiny bit. What to try?
    Acid is a tricky drug and it affects different people on a very wide spectrum.  I've known people who have taken it hundreds of times and they seem perfectly normal, but then I've also known people who have taken it a lot and are permanently super spaced out (and usually not in a good way).  I took it three or four times in the early 70's and my experiences ranged from a barely maintainable, slightly fun trip to oh-my-God-I'm-going-to-die living hell trip.  For me, not a good choice, no fun.

Pot varies a lot too.  Some strains make me super paranoid and anxious.  Some are very euphoric but those have been rare finds and have found nothing like that in quite a while. 

Today you can get high CBD/low THC strains (36% CBD, 31% THC) that are quite pleasant.  Just a very mild high with  little to no cognitive impairment.  They aford mild to moderate pain relief and are quite relaxing.   And you can get them in handy little vaporizer "pens" (in states where it's legal or with a marijuana medical card).  Just make sure to ask someone to show you how to use the vape properly.  
    I’m totally a lightweight and I’m more than ok with it.  College was a different story...haha!
    Anyways, I take any new strain and treat it like a new bourbon or whiskey you haven’t tried yet.  By the way, I’m a huge whiskey fan so you know where this comparison is coming from...
    Sip it slow, enjoy the notes, the flavors, the aroma, the after taste.  Same thing with pot.  Take er nice and slow and stop whenever the feels are right.  
    I hate being really messed up, which is why I generally avoid edibles anymore.  I like to be in control of my high.  
    Okay, I was going to ask about those... are they generally higher in THC or is it just the way that it's ingested that makes the effects stronger?
    I believe it's the fact that they're edibles. One brownie is 4 doses. Have you ever tried to eat a quarter of a brownie? Yeah. Good luck! ;)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,673
    mca47 said:
    brianlux said:

I believe it's the fact that they're edibles. One brownie is 4 doses. Have you ever tried to eat a quarter of a brownie? Yeah. Good luck! ;)
    Back in the late 80's I made a small batch, ate one and waited for an hour.  Nothing.  So I ate another.  About ten minutes later the first one hit me and I was totally blasted.  An hour later, when the second one hit me, I was in really bad shape.  I ended up very sick, heaving, super dizzy, freaked out.  Bad experience! I haven't done edibles since then.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Yeah well, screw you all.  I just exercised restraint and ate the head off of one gummy bear :peace:
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Did I post in here last night?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^ Yikes!! That all makes sense and I believe I'll stay away from the edibles! Aren't the arms and legs of that gummy calling your name Hedo?!! :lol:
  • Options
    Oh I am definitely exercising restraint right now. :giggle:
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    brianlux said:
    Horos said:
    ^Brian you are right about it affecting everyone differently. I've taken as much as 2500 mics at once and still have no noticeable problems. 

I have to admit, I'm a bit envious.  I've had friends back when I tried it who were really into LSD and told me what a great experience it was but for me it was mostly just hell-- although one time I did take mescaline and that was great.  No hallucinations, but a great overall feeling and super incredible perceptions like looking at trees and being able to distinguish many, many multiple shades of green.
    I gotta try some mescaline
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I took acid every weekend for at least two years. Mostly good times.

Five hits plus pot plus robo plus whipits may have been a bit much one time. Tiny demons were haunting me, so I destroyed my buddy’s room. And I kept having these weird OCD things that I had to do in order to stay alive—for instance, touching a teaspoon to the side of a saucepan. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    dankind said:

Five hits plus pot plus robo plus whipits may have been a bit much one time. Tiny demons were haunting me, so I destroyed my buddy’s room. And I kept having these weird OCD things that I had to do in order to stay alive—for instance, touching a teaspoon to the side of a saucepan. 

:rofl: That's hysterical (the teaspoon/saucepan part) and also a boat load of acid. My best friend told me a story before we dosed the first time about about a man that was trippin so hard he thought he was a glass of orange juice. He didn't move for fear he would spill :smiley: Psychadelics can be one of the most beautiful, visually enlightening, mind opening, take you to a world you only thought existed in dreams kind of experiences. But when it turns bad... it's the worst kind of torture imaginable.  You are trapped inside your mind which at that time is controlled by your fears. Your fears have been given a zoo keepers set of keys to go into all the secret corridors that you never knew existed. It's kind of like when John Malkovich goes inside his own head in Being John Malcovich. 
  • Options
    ^ Yikes!! That all makes sense and I believe I'll stay away from the edibles! Aren't the arms and legs of that gummy calling your name Hedo?!! :lol:
    Yes, Miss HF...and I am going to answer =)

DK, your hallucinogenic experiences sound much like my husband's.  He hasn't done acid in years but has some of the best memories (and stories) from that time.  Huge proponent of its benefits.  Me, never tried it, probably never will.
  • Options
    dankind said:

This explains so much. :lol:
  • Options
    dankind said:

Lol!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    These misadventures with various substances is another reason I think they should all be legal.  They will get used regardless so why not make sure they are monitored for quality, potency, etc.  Seems like good sense to me!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
     I don't smoke pot or do drugs, But,Fuck! I'm in need of some right now. That, Or a Valium. 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,484
    donnaruhl said:
     I don't smoke pot or do drugs, But,Fuck! I'm in need of some right now. That, Or a Valium. 
    Not a Valium
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Benzodiazepines are saintly drugs with a built in terrible monster at it's heart that will grow if you feed it.  I'm so glad (and a bit lucky) that I survived that slow road to hell. 

Please proceed with good information and caution.

• Options
    I forgot the soda I'm drinking has pot in it. As I'm vaping. Shit. :fearful:
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Ride that wave 'til it breaks!
    You're never freakin', never tweakin', only peakin'!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Earth to RS, come in RS...

...Hello, RS...

Houston, we've got a little free-range Stoner flying loose out there somewhere.  Suggestions?

No, problem, Houston.  What goes up must come down.  :smile:

• Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    I truly feel weightless right now, in every sense. Wee!!!!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Woopee! :lol:

• Options
    I truly feel weightless right now, in every sense. Wee!!!!! :smiley:
    Envious.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    I made some really good tincture only need 1ml good to go for hrs just put it in a drink , I don’t smoke as much anymore..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I made some really good tincture only need 1ml good to go for hrs just put it in a drink , I don’t smoke as much anymore..
    Huh?? Can you explain further?..haha 
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    What did you use to make your tincture? I used everclear and the alcohol taste is strong.
    #FHP
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,250
    Horos said:
    What did you use to make your tincture? I used everclear and the alcohol taste is strong.
    I've made a couple.  The first was Everclear, and a bunch of decarb scraps.  Put it in the freezer for a couple of weeks shaking it every so often.  It was strong but it tasted like shit and the Everclear burned the tongue.  This one I put in dropper bottles and stored it at room temp.
    The next one I did more or less the same thing with the Everclear, but I added a bunch of fresh mint leaves and lemon zest while it sat in the freezer.  This one ended up tasting a whole lot better.  I keep this one in the freezer at all times.
  • Options
    Peanut butter brownie time!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    dankind said:
    Peanut butter brownie time!
    Nice...eating whole or in increments?
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"