The Big 5 College Basketball Thread

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    LaSalle is playing Towson  in Ireland.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    nova/st. joe's in a few days.
    Unfortunately my Hawks are playing without their two best players right now.  Lamarr Kimble out for the year with a broken foot and Charlie Brown out for at least another week with a broken wrist.  3rd best player Shavar Newkirk playing but just 9 months after major knee surgery (with no restrictions imagine that).  It's a shame because this was an NCAA Tournament team if those two would have been healthy all year. Coming into the season I thought they had a great shot to end Nova's Big 5 streak. Zero chance to beat Nova now without those two.

Temple and LaSalle are much improved this year.  Temple looks like a Tournament team to me.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    pjhawks said:
    Unfortunately my Hawks are playing without their two best players right now.  Lamarr Kimble out for the year with a broken foot and Charlie Brown out for at least another week with a broken wrist.  3rd best player Shavar Newkirk playing but just 9 months after major knee surgery (with no restrictions imagine that).  It's a shame because this was an NCAA Tournament team if those two would have been healthy all year. Coming into the season I thought they had a great shot to end Nova's Big 5 streak. Zero chance to beat Nova now without those two.

Temple and LaSalle are much improved this year.  Temple looks like a Tournament team to me.
    Man, that sucks for St. Joe's . 

I agree: Temple, early, is looking like a Tourney team this year. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    pjhawks said:

Always next year!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Psst. Temple lost to LaSalle and LaSalle isn't very good.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    I think Lasalle is better than last year. At least they are trying to play D this year.  And the A10 is really bad this year so they got a shot to do well in the league.  Even without Kimble out I still think my Hawks can finish in the Top 4 of the A10.  Other than Rhode Island and maybe  the Bonnies and/or VCU the rest of the league is really down this year.  It looks like a possible 1 bid or 2 bids tops this year come NCAA time.
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    I think Lasalle is better than last year. At least they are trying to play D this year.  And the A10 is really bad this year so they got a shot to do well in the league.  Even without Kimble out I still think my Hawks can finish in the Top 4 of the A10.  Other than Rhode Island and maybe  the Bonnies and/or VCU the rest of the league is really down this year.  It looks like a possible 1 bid or 2 bids tops this year come NCAA time.
    They just lost to Towson
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    They just lost to Towson
    I see that...but Towson is 7-1 now.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    pjhawks said:

Always next year!
    either team could sneak in there.

Is Lamarr Kimble and relation to Bo Kimble?  Also St. Joe's has a player on their team named Charlie Brown?  :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    pjhawks said:

thought the score might be a little closer, but yeah without those two it was a blowout
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    pjhawks said:

thought the score might be a little closer, but yeah without those two it was a blowout
    they hit 10 straight 3s. they don't do that in warmups.  of course our shitty coach sat back and allowed it to happen without doing a damn thing about it.
    pjhawks said:

Gotta give St Joe's credit. They hung in there...for about 17 minutes. 

Would be awesome if another big five team could ever get their act together, crack the top 25 and give Nova a little competition. Kinda boring to steamroll all these teams year in, year out.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

Would be awesome if another big five team could ever get their act together, crack the top 25 and give Nova a little competition. Kinda boring to steamroll all these teams year in, year out.
    maybe but dissing the other schools kind of dismisses Jay and Nova's run here.  I think it's more about Nova really than the other teams.  Jay has Nova like Duke now in that their effort never wavers. they don't play down to their competition. Rollie and Lappas had more talent than the other Big 5 teams, except some of Chaney's teams, and they never steamrolled like this and they were never perennial top 5 teams like Jay has had the last few years.  Besides I think Temple is beating them this year.
    Nova/Zags tonight
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Nova/Zags tonight
    Thought it was gonna be a closer game.

Bridges was so good.
    cutz said:
    Nova/Zags tonight
    Thought it was gonna be a closer game.

Bridges was so good.
    yeah i was surprised it wasn't closer as well.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

Dare I say they are about as good as the championship team?

Bridges would look great in a Sixers uni.......god bless the process for giving us the Lakers pick next summer.

chinese-happy.jpg
    ^^^^^I think, as of right now, you can say ther are about as good as the Championship team.  I see Spellman only getting better. I like to see Gillespe & Cosby-Roundtree to be able to contribute as the season goes along.

Man, you^^^^^ ain't lying: Bridges would look good in a Sixers uniform.  6' 7" who gets up & down the court and plays GREAT D and has improved his outside shot BIG time. If Sixers get the Lakers pick( unless by some miracle it's number 1) around 6-10 , Bridges could be ther for the taking. Unless he blows up completely  and he ends up being a top 5 pick?

Nova -40 on Sunday?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited December 2017
    cutz said:
    ^^^^^I think, as of right now, you can say ther are about as good as the Championship team.  I see Spellman only getting better. I like to see Gillespe & Cosby-Roundtree to be able to contribute as the season goes along.

Man, you^^^^^ ain't lying: Bridges would look good in a Sixers uniform.  6' 7" who gets up & down the court and plays GREAT D and has improved his outside shot BIG time. If Sixers get the Lakers pick( unless by some miracle it's number 1) around 6-10 , Bridges could be ther for the taking. Unless he blows up completely  and he ends up being a top 5 pick?

That dunk and then block on the other end of the court is the play of the year...and yes I know it's only 12/6.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited December 2017
    JK_Livin said:
    Nova -40 on Sunday?
    WOW>Think Nova covers?
    Post edited by cutz on
    cutz said:

That dunk and then block on the other end of the court is the play of the year...and yes I know it's only 12/6.
    Those 2 plays is what Bridges has become. And, he's worked his ass off to get to that point.

Play of the year............................................so far.
    maybe new #1 team next week?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

maybe but dissing the other schools kind of dismisses Jay and Nova's run here.  I think it's more about Nova really than the other teams.  Jay has Nova like Duke now in that their effort never wavers. they don't play down to their competition. Rollie and Lappas had more talent than the other Big 5 teams, except some of Chaney's teams, and they never steamrolled like this and they were never perennial top 5 teams like Jay has had the last few years.  Besides I think Temple is beating them this year.
    ....almost
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

....almost
    so you're a hypocrite too huh?  You get you panties all in a tizzy when i called you out for being wrong about 8-8 would win the NFC East but now you want to call me out for a prediction?  typical two-faced bullshit from the folks around here but i just knew it would be so when i came to this site today.  and for good measure and for every day that ends is Y,   fuck nova 
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

....almost
    so you're a hypocrite too huh?  You get you panties all in a tizzy when i called you out for being wrong about 8-8 would win the NFC East but now you want to call me out for a prediction?  typical two-faced bullshit from the folks around here but i just knew it would be so when i came to this site today.  and for good measure and for every day that ends is Y,   fuck nova 
    Someone's upset
    chinese-happy.jpg
    knew eventually they were gonna lose and thought it might be last night.  butler usually plays against us pretty well.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    RIP Rasual Butler
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    How do you lose to St. John's?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Looks to me like another Duke year . 
    I really don't care who beat them up to this point i just seen studs on that team.