Animal Abuse...

Comments

• Friday13Friday13 Posts: 120

Friday13 said:

clearly overcharged.

You'll have to be a bit more specific here for me to get what you're trying to say.

the men are charged with harassing wildlife with the use of a boat, attempting to capture wildlife and hunting big game that was swimming.
  • Friday13 said:

Friday13 said:

clearly overcharged.

You'll have to be a bit more specific here for me to get what you're trying to say.

the men are charged with harassing wildlife with the use of a boat, attempting to capture wildlife and hunting big game that was swimming.
    So not overcharged? Isn't that what you meant?

Poaching is serious if that's your angle.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2016

Friday13 said:

Friday13 said:

clearly overcharged.

So not overcharged? Isn't that what you meant?

Poaching is serious if that's your angle.
    I think he's saying that there were some inappropriate charges laid. I mentioned the same thing earlier in the thread. They clearly weren't hunting the moose.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited August 2016
    double post
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Oh man... you double posted me. I can tell you're steamed!

Oh man... you double posted me. I can tell you're steamed!

Lol. All the usual issues when 10C launches an updated website! ;)
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I drilled him’: Outrage after hunter, former NCAA javelin athlete kills Alberta bear with spear, posts video

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/i-drilled-him-outrage-after-hunter-former-ncaa-javelin-athlete-kills-alberta-bear-with-spear-posts-video

I just love how these impotent hunters need to pose and video their prey...almost as bad as those impotent hunters who feel the need to have animals stuffed and on display in their living room.

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    edited August 2016
    Seeing someone celebrate like that about killing makes me want to puke. I think only psychological SICKOS kill for pleasure, be it the killing of humans or animals, makes no difference. I think it's psychopathic behaviour... When it comes to sport hunting (looks more like thrill hunting), psychopaths are made to be seen as normal and mentally healthy. They are not.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    edited August 2016
    Its a far more human behaviour than animal behaviour ... I obviously don't know every specie of animal and how they conduct themselves but most only kill for substance, as for humans it about pleasure and ego.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

And the practice of baiting should be made ILLEGAL...

lukin2006 said:

Its a far more human behaviour than animal behaviour ... I obviously don't know every specie of animal and how they conduct themselves but most only kill for substance, as for humans it about pleasure and ego.

Oops, I worded that badly, lol. I edited to be more clear about what I meant with the human/animal comment. ;) But yeah, humans are a breed of their own, that's for sure. While most animals tend to have some kind of balance with nature, humans bulldoze the balance every chance they get. As a species, humans are parasites.
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Oops, I worded that badly, lol. I edited to be more clear about what I meant with the human/animal comment. ;) But yeah, humans are a breed of their own, that's for sure. While most animals tend to have some kind of balance with nature, humans bulldoze the balance every chance they get. As a species, humans are parasites.
    agreed

$1.5M worth of antlers stolen from Ont. taxidermy shop

http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2016/08/14/15m-worth-of-antlers-stolen-from-ont-taxidermy-shop

Apparently their big money in hanging dead animal parts off wall, or whatever is done with said parts.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

I am in no way in favour of sport hunting but I have to say that the comments by PJ Soul and lukin don't hold up when you look at animal behaviour. Unfortunately, as humans we tend to romanticize nature and animal behaviour. Plenty of animal species fight and kill for reasons other than food. Plenty of animals kill more than they need even when they do hunt. Many species overconsume in their natural environments and then go through cycles of die-offs until their numbers are supportable again. Essentially, some of the same behaviours as humans, but without the technology to prevent their own deaths.

And again, I'm certainly not arguing in favour of hunting ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Wife of American hunter seen on video impaling bear with spear in Alberta loses Under Armour deal

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/wife-of-american-hunter-seen-on-video-impaling-bear-with-spear-in-alberta-loses-under-armour-deal

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

I am in no way in favour of sport hunting but I have to say that the comments by PJ Soul and lukin don't hold up when you look at animal behaviour. Unfortunately, as humans we tend to romanticize nature and animal behaviour. Plenty of animal species fight and kill for reasons other than food. Plenty of animals kill more than they need even when they do hunt. Many species overconsume in their natural environments and then go through cycles of die-offs until their numbers are supportable again. Essentially, some of the same behaviours as humans, but without the technology to prevent their own deaths.

I'm going out on a limb here but I'm just going to guess that if wildlife behaves like humans that's because they don't know any better.

• lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

I'm going out on a limb here but I'm just going to guess that if wildlife behaves like humans that's because they don't know any better.
    You're giving humans a lot of credit here.

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

You're giving humans a lot of credit here.
    I probably am ...

• I guess Lukin has left these parts? He hasn't contributed in a long time. I thought his contributions were solid. 

As for the the tweet I posted... f**king pisses me off. Eating shark fin soup isn't going to prevent you from getting cancer you dumb f**k. And while I'm at it... eating a tiger's penis isn't going to make you tough you little worm.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Ah man, that picture makes me feel ill. Just horrible.
  • Okay. I'm really bummed.

A good person I follow on twitter retweeted a tweet where the video in it showed a young man holding a kitten.

I clicked on the video thinking it was going to be a cute kitten video, but it was a video of some f**king little puke throwing the kitten as far as he could onto the pavement killing it.

Wtf man? A kitten? That's how you get your kicks? 

I'm not posting the tweet. It's out there if you want to see it, but don't do it. It'll make you wish for a young man to experience very serious levels of discomfort.

So saddening. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Okay. I'm really bummed.

A good person I follow on twitter retweeted a tweet where the video in it showed a young man holding a kitten.

I clicked on the video thinking it was going to be a cute kitten video, but it was a video of some f**king little puke throwing the kitten as far as he could onto the pavement killing it.

I'm not posting the tweet. It's out there if you want to see it, but don't do it. It'll make you wish for a young man to experience very serious levels of discomfort.

So saddening. 
    If there really is such a thing as Karma, that kid has a lot of work to do to make up for that one.  He could use a shrink as well.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:
    Okay. I'm really bummed.

So saddening. 
    If there really is such a thing as Karma, that kid has a lot of work to do to make up for that one.  He could use a shrink as well.
    I love cats, Brian. I know you do as well.

It broke my heart watching that. Seriously. I haven't stopped thinking about it. I also haven't stopped thinking about the fact that many cases of animal abuse are not documented on twitter. There are many other kittens that play the victims for sick f**king idiots.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:
    Okay. I'm really bummed.

So saddening. 
    I love cats, Brian. I know you do as well.

It broke my heart watching that. Seriously. I haven't stopped thinking about it. I also haven't stopped thinking about the fact that many cases of animal abuse are not documented on twitter. There are many other kittens that play the victims for sick f**king idiots.
    You and me both, Thirty. 

This is a true story- not too graphic but very sad so just a heads up--

Back in my early  twenties, I had a beautiful tabby back named Marvel (he was originally Marble but everyone called him Marvel, so that  name stuck).  I was sharing a flat on the second floor of a building that was on a slope, so it was three floors up in back.  A number of years later when Marvel was only maybe 6 or 7 years old and Marvel and I had moved away from the flat, he came home howling in pain dragging his hind end.  His back legs had become paralyzed.  I was freaked out.  I took him to the vet and they said there was nothing they could do but put him out of his misery.  The vet asked if Marvel had ever had a traumatic injury to his back.  I said, "No, not to my knowledge."  He was put down that day and I bawled my eyes out for days.  Later, my sister told me something she said she never wanted to tell which was that she had heard that back when Marvel and I were living in that flat, one of my roommates had thrown him out the back door and he fell all three floors to the ground.  He must have landed alright because I never knew he had been hurt but I think that is what killed him in the long run.  It's probably good that I didn't know which roommate had thrown him that far.  It would have gotten very ugly.  I don't even want to know which one of the other three guys did that.  I honestly don't think I ever want to know who it was.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Gross, Brian.

People that don't understand cats haven't been around them enough. They bond very well with humans. They're aloof somewhat and slightly arrogant, but it is in their nature to love.

I speak from experience. For no good reason, I never liked cats. I never mistreated them, but I just didn't care for them too much given I had never been raised around them- I was a 'dog guy'.

Our first cat was a tabby. Odie. He was a blast. I've had tabbies ever since. I've got Mika on my legs right now watching football. She loves the whole family, but she really digs me. She sleeps with me at night and relaxes with me as well when we are both in relax mode.

I took this picture as I typed this (real time!).
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Karma getting anyone shouldn't be a motivator.  Being a decent fucking person because that's just what is expected...should be.

To be honest, I had to skim through most of the kitten talk.  It breaks my heart and makes my stomach hurt.

It's like that semi-local-to-here piece of shit who threw his Pit over a cliff TWICE.

Assholes.  Beyond.
  • On my Twitter timeline... a tweet depicted a video of a young woman in Ontario abusing her dog with her boyfriend.

It wasn't of the grotesque variety: they called it over... it submissively approached them with the demeanour of an animal distrustful yet optimistic... they dumped water on its head. Then they said, "Wanna go outside?" And it ran out and they shut the door with Daisy outside while they laughed at her and left her outside.It's -20 in Ontario.

It's affected me. What is with people?

I realize there are bigger, more depraved acts of cruelty towards animals (and humans for that matter). This tweet reminded me that we don't hear of the 'run of the mill' cruelty animals face on a daily basis.

And it makes me angry. To be honest.., as much as I want to adopt that dog... I wanted to slap that idiot and punch her boyfriend out.