Options

Wrigley Bootlegs...

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,110
    DJ253147 said:
    If going the digital download route is it worth spending the extra for ALAC quality? Can you still play ALAC on your iPhone/iPad?
    Yes, if you don’t mind taking up 1-1.5 GB of space on your iPhone/iPad for one show.

That's why you use Android phones with microsd slots built in, so you can put a big memory card in it.  Works great for music ;)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Zod said:
    DJ253147 said:
    If going the digital download route is it worth spending the extra for ALAC quality? Can you still play ALAC on your iPhone/iPad?
    Yes, if you don’t mind taking up 1-1.5 GB of space on your iPhone/iPad for one show.

That's why you use Android phones with microsd slots built in, so you can put a big memory card in it.  Works great for music ;)
    That is one advantage.  I personally don't put music on my phone.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Zod said:
    DJ253147 said:

Even if you did, most phones don't have a good enough DAC to make it worth using FLAC over mp3 anyway. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    DJ253147 said:

That's a fair point.   I put some music on my phone to listen to through my bluetooth speaker at work.   If I'm listening on headphones it's usually through my portable player which is better than my phone.
  • Options
    Pre-ordered within 20 minutes of them going on sale...maybe sooner. Still waiting
    tup30 said:
    still waiting here too, ordered immediately upon release (not complaining, im beyond thrilled they were finally released).

i was at night one, damn near a religious experience
    Ordered both nights. Night one I received Saturday but night two not a word since order confirmation. 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    movaughn said:
    I got a rude reply from 10 Club about preorder. I asked why pre order them if we can’t get them on or close to release. The reply I got is that that’s not the definition of pre order with a wiki pedia link. 

After a couple emails with Nugs, I got an answer. They should ship Friday due to unforeseen manufacturing issues. 

Chris

Wow.  That's ridiculous.  But not really surprising....
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,439
    movaughn said:
    I got a rude reply from 10 Club about preorder. I asked why pre order them if we can’t get them on or close to release. The reply I got is that that’s not the definition of pre order with a wiki pedia link. 

After a couple emails with Nugs, I got an answer. They should ship Friday due to unforeseen manufacturing issues. 

Chris

Wow.  That's ridiculous.  But not really surprising....
    No matter what happens, way better than bootlegs recorded from the audience. 
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    kthygerskthygers SEA/SAN Posts: 4
    edited November 2017
    wall232 said:
    Anyone else receive their CD boots yet? I got mine yesterday and they are all screwed up. None of the songs are named, they are just track 1, track 2 etc. Also, the labels are all messed up, disc 1 is actually disc 2. 

Same deal here... Received both nights on CD a couple days ago.
    Night 1 the discs are not in the CDDB and you have to enter the track names 
    Night 2 is the real bummer!!!  Disc 1 is labeled Disc 1 but contains Disc 2 material so you get two Disc 2's and no Disc 1! Bummer!!!
    contacted tenclub via email but no reply yet.

Post edited by kthygers on
    93 - Seattle
  • Options
    kthygers said:
    wall232 said:
    Anyone else receive their CD boots yet? I got mine yesterday and they are all screwed up. None of the songs are named, they are just track 1, track 2 etc. Also, the labels are all messed up, disc 1 is actually disc 2. 

Same deal here... Received both nights on CD a couple days ago.
    Night 1 the discs are not in the CDDB and you have to enter the track names 
    Night 2 is the real bummer!!!  Disc 1 is labeled Disc 1 but contains Disc 2 material so you get two Disc 2's and no Disc 1! Bummer!!!
    contacted tenclub via email but no reply yet.

Contact nugs instead. https://help.nugs.net/support/tickets/new

Ten Club reallly has no hand in the process other than taking the order.

Perhaps these are the unforeseen manufacturing issue that movuaghn spoke about, and some unlucky customers received them before the errors were caught.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    Soooo good!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Got shipping notice from 10C!  I assume that means Nugs already shipped them and I might get them very soon?!
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    How can you tell if the cd's are silver pressed?
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    How can you tell if the cd's are silver pressed?
    usually the color.  Silver looks silver.   Even the most silver looking burned disc has a yellow tinge to it.  Plus you could read the inner hub of the disc to see what it says.   It probably says the manufacturer of the disc and type of disc.
  • Options
    GoinHungry94GoinHungry94 Albuquerque, NM Posts: 236
    edited November 2017
    Zod said:
    DJ253147 said:
    Can I please ask what the deal is about silver pressed CD's please. Thanks in advance.
    My understanding is the silver CDs hold up longer over time. Sound wise, there would be no difference. 
    Yah, the dye inside burn discs doesn't last as long as silver pressed cd's.  Plus everyone can burn cd's, so buying a professional cd, and having it burned.  It makes it feel a little do it at home like.... :)
    Wait, so if I order the CD's now, they are basically just cheap burned discs, nothing more? Is the sound going to be any better than an .mp3 to someone who's not an audiophile? 
    You're making some confusion here.. in the case of silver pressed vs burned to order discs what's affected is not the sound quality per se, in fact it's the same (and better than mp3's of course). The thing is: silver pressed discs will be much more durature and you'll not have to worry about the discs being unreadable after some years.. that is not to say your burned to order disc will turn to shit after few years (unless you treat it with no care at all), but they will be much more sensitive to scuffs, sunlight, etc..
    Thanks. Just  seems for $18 it should be a silver pressed and not a burned disc but I guess that's the world we live in.
    So I get it's easier and less costly to have the cds burned but I agree, paying almost $20 for what I could rip off of YouTube or anywhere else is ridiculous if Im not getting the professional quality product I paid for. I already dropped an ass load of money at the actual shows itself, it's just card stock and a couple burned discs. A heads up on silver pressed cds would have been something worth knowing. why is it so hard for them to be real with us and let us know the preorder has X amount of silver pressings and once the preorder is done they will be simple burned discs? And has anyone started a "where is PJ Wrigley 2013" thread yet?
    Post edited by GoinHungry94 on
    Hey nanana
    ain't that somethin
    PJ Chi 2--08-24-2009
    SG Chi 1--01-23-2013
    PJ Wrigley--07-19-2013
    CCornell Chi--10-06-2015
    PJ Wrigley--08-20 & 22 2016
    PJ Wrigley--08-18 & 20 2018
    Denver— 09-22-2022
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    So people have started receiving these? I ordered 2 of each minutes after they went up. 
  • Options
    GoinHungry94GoinHungry94 Albuquerque, NM Posts: 236

movaughn said:

Chris
    Yeah, they should at least have common curtesy of giving you a Webster's Dictionary link! Hahaha I'd be so butthurt if they did that to me. "Hi I have a question about your product". "Go f*** yourself". "Okay thanks".
    Hey nanana
    ain't that somethin
    PJ Chi 2--08-24-2009
    SG Chi 1--01-23-2013
    PJ Wrigley--07-19-2013
    CCornell Chi--10-06-2015
    PJ Wrigley--08-20 & 22 2016
    PJ Wrigley--08-18 & 20 2018
    Denver— 09-22-2022
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,845
    Still waiting on my Wrigley Blu Ray and that was ordered two weeks ago.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    I actually got a shipping email from Nugs last night after I already received the one from 10C.  Shipment hasn't moved yet.  Ugh!
  • Options
    I received shipping confirmations this morning so curious to see when it arrives and what the quality will be. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    flowery said:
    I received shipping confirmations this morning so curious to see when it arrives and what the quality will be. 
    Let's hope the quality is good. It would be pretty shitty to pay $17 for a burned CD that we could do ourselves for a couple bucks 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    ^ plus the digital download cost of course, but you get my point 
  • Options
    I "preordered" mine as well and they only yesterday sent me a USPS tracking code.  Really, if you spring $ for the CDs, they should give you a comp MP3 or FLAC download.

I think it takes some weeks before obscure new releases have enough manual submissions to be reflected in the CDDB.  I know the new U-Men cd wasn't on there a few weeks ago.  It probably is today.
  • Options
    If they are silver they should have a code on the underside around the middle similar to PJ7814D1 this was disc 1 from Leeds July 8th 2014.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Of The Earth from night 2 fucking rocks!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Anyone can submit metadata to CDDB at any time.  I've done it plenty of times, usually for PJ bootlegs.
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Of The Earth from night 2 fucking rocks!!!
    Unreal
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,492
    Anyone know where to get the full black artwork that the rest of the tour had. All I can find is the one with the cardboard looking border (the one in the shop). Would like the full black version to fit in with rest of shows. 
  • Options
    tup30tup30 Posts: 115
    Wrigley 2 arrived yesterday.  wrigley 1 did not. 

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,355
    Got my CDs from Nugs today. They are silver pressed.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Anyone know where to get the full black artwork that the rest of the tour had. All I can find is the one with the cardboard looking border (the one in the shop). Would like the full black version to fit in with rest of shows. 
    I’ve only gotten artwork without the cardboard borders from the digital downloads. But yeah I do like that a lot better.