Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    SOLAT319 said:
    Get_Right said:
    I think the US will be driven by a festival. That has been the formula the last few times around.
    They get big dollars to play festivals. What festivals are in the fall?
    ACL, Ohana, Meadows, Riotfest, Voodoo.
    Ohana can't handle the full band. That festival is tiny. It's OK for a Vedder solo appearance which has been an absolute treat for the last two years but when it comes to Pearl Jam, yeah that ain't gonna happen. That place would just become a disaster area with the rabid Pearl Jam crowd. It is not big enough. 
    If I'm not mistaken Ed has a financial interest in Ohana as partner/owner. If he wanted the band there it would have already happened by now. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options

my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm on 57.....hoping to hit show #60 this year.  what a ride it's been.  :)
    Are we counting the HOF performance? I drank enough vodka that night for a weeks worth of shows LOL
    If I don't the streak dies. Ignorance is bliss. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    100 Pacer said:

my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm on 57.....hoping to hit show #60 this year.  what a ride it's been.  :)
    Are we counting the HOF performance? I drank enough vodka that night for a weeks worth of shows LOL
    If I don't the streak dies. Ignorance is bliss. 
    Three songs don't count in my book but to each their own.  Years ending in 7 are the only years I haven't seen pj. 97/07/17
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Technically 4 songs (although I didn't stick around for the 4th). 

• Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    I don't get how any of you fuckers can afford to follow this band for 6 shows+. I could barely afford 1 three years ago. LOL
    to follow for 3 weeks tour the band  in different countries ,travel,hotel,food,drinks,concert tickets and all ,for me means for 6-8 months i dont go out of the house even for a coffee..or a meal out...means work home,home work..there is no other way and i leave dept to my cc that needs another 6 month saving after tour..
    all are choices in life

And I assumed you must be some rich Greek millionaire with money to burn.....glad to know that isn't the case!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    ZeldaZonk said:
    I don't get how any of you fuckers can afford to follow this band for 6 shows+. I could barely afford 1 three years ago. LOL
    to follow for 3 weeks tour the band  in different countries ,travel,hotel,food,drinks,concert tickets and all ,for me means for 6-8 months i dont go out of the house even for a coffee..or a meal out...means work home,home work..there is no other way and i leave dept to my cc that needs another 6 month saving after tour..
    all are choices in life

And I assumed you must be some rich Greek millionaire with money to burn.....glad to know that isn't the case!
    the case is i love this band so much..haha..its rocknroll dude!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LinhasportLinhasport Porto - Portugal Posts: 61
    ZeldaZonk said:
    all are choices in life

But would have been nice if you were milionaire :)
  • Options
    ZeldaZonk said:
    all are choices in life

But would have been nice if you were milionaire :angry:

Yeah...would be fun..lol
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Dimi will strike it rich once he opens his PJ travel agency, complete with insider info!!!
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    And yes, I puked at a gas station on the turnpike home... sorry New Jersey :)
    Oh man that is the worst. Do you remember any of the show?  
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    my2hands said:
    No need to apologize.  This was an improvement to New Jersey.  
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    I remember 100% of the show... 0% of the ride home from Brooklyn... my GF and 2 buddies that went with us have some great memories of the ride home though lol

The best band on the planet only gets inducted into the HOF once... and I just happened to somehow be in a suite owned by a vodka company with all the vodka I could handle, or couldn't handle in this case lol
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    Hoping for dates in Detroit, Ohio, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Chicago, Nashville, Memphis. I travel for work and the first thing I thought of when I accepted the job is how cool it would be to align my travel days with a Pearl Jam tour. At the very least, I should be able to win the tenclub lottery a couple times with that many options. 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    I remember 100% of the show... 0% of the ride home from Brooklyn... my GF and 2 buddies that went with us have some great memories of the ride home though lol

The best band on the planet only gets inducted into the HOF once... and I just happened to somehow be in a suite owned by a vodka company with all the vodka I could handle, or couldn't handle in this case lol
    That s awesomr! Lol. What vodka company?
  • Options
    after europe announcement.we get tix ..book trip and all...we talk some usa shit
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    after europe announcement.we get tix ..book trip and all...we talk some usa shit
    Dimi, all I ask is you let me know if you ever hear or see the word "Cleveland" come up 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,712
    Can’t wait 
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,023
    How early will xmas be this year in Europe? Waiting is driving me mad :lol:
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 350
    edited November 2017
    Curious if we'll get some pizza in Berlin and Prague. Will it be a double slice in England? 
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    edited November 2017
    Kusy said:
    Curious if we'll get some pizza in Berlin and Prague. Will it be a double slice in England? 
    An Amsterdam and London quadruple slice would be ideal for me. Pinkpop rumours and Katy Perry tying up the O2 (if that is where they are playing) until the 15th make me think this will not be doable in a decent time span. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to seeing at least 15 shows next year - can't wait -  i don't care when/where.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Does anyone else think ticket demand will be off the charts in 2018 due to the entire 2017 taken off?  I know I’ll be going out of my way to pay more for shows if necessary 
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Does anyone else think ticket demand will be off the charts in 2018 due to the entire 2017 taken off?  I know I’ll be going out of my way to pay more for shows if necessary 
    I am not buying any tickets for any other shows in 2018, until Pearl Jam announces their plans for next year.  They are getting all of my concert money next year.
  • Options
    I am not buying any tickets for any other shows in 2018, until Pearl Jam announces their plans for next year.  They are getting all of my concert money next year.
    Same
  • Options
    Flyover states tour anyone? Sioux Falls let's go!
  • Options
    MikeRed22 said:
    I'd be fine with that!  Or Des Moines...
  • Options
    I'm wondering what the hold up is on 4 shows in 5 days @ Red Rocks 
  • Options
    ultrapigultrapig South Dakota Posts: 143
    MikeRed22 said:
    Sioux Falls would be awesome! Foo Fighters and some of the other big shows we've had give me hope they'll play here.
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    edited November 2017
    I've noticed a lot of people commenting on my Pearl Jam tshirts that I wear everywhere and mentioning to me their HOF induction. I feel the band is definitely on more people's radar than the past few years. I think we will see a bump in demand. Hopefully there won't be a bunch more people screaming "play Jeremy!" all tour. There are enough already. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    Can anyone tell me if there is a huge difference in seating for Europe shows when compared to NA shows with 10 club tickets? I am a high number (512XXX) and thought that I heard someone say before that Euro seating is much better for high numbers. I realize that venue to venue is always different but just curious. If there is a thread already on this I would love to read it as it may change how I pick for the lottery.