2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set

Comments

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Now that these have started to arrive, hopefully people will realise its just a storage box and not worth hundreds. I can't believe what people are willing to pay for this. I feel I paid way to much and I bought it from 10c. 
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 567
    FR181798 said:
    Now that these have started to arrive, hopefully people will realise its just a storage box and not worth hundreds. I can't believe what people are willing to pay for this. I feel I paid way to much and I bought it from 10c. 

I agree with you on that. IMO it's not a $300+ piece. Then again us PJ fans are a bit of a neurotic bunch when it comes to certain things. Hopefully they make more so those who missed out on the sale will get a chance to get pick one up at a "reasonable" $50 price tag instead of the inflated prices these things are fetching.
  • FR181798 said:
    A $35 poster is not worth $1,000 to me a few years later. The value is whatever someone whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Not disagreeing with you, just saying it is what it is.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    FR181798 said:
    Most collectors items are worth more than the value of their parts.  It's the rarity and inability to buy them that drives up the prices.  A 4lp vinyl set might be worth $80 to $100 brand new in a store, yet Benaroya goes for well over $1000.  Even I wouldn't sell mine for a grand, because I know it would be next to impossible to replace.    Thus how much does it take to get rare (and impossible to replace items) out of peoples collections.  That's the only way to get out of print items :(

That's why old posters and limited items go for a mint.   Yah it's a box, but it's a box you can't buy retail anymore, so the only way is to figure out how to pry from the hands of another 10c'er... :(

Hopefully the 10c sells more, but having sold less, it kept me from spending almost $100 on a box.... lol.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    ski-bum said:
    So that back page is where they'll sign above each of their pictures with the vinyl set.
    Yes. Printed. It will be Pono-esque
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    FR181798 said:
    The empty boxes are starting to arrive....none of the 10-record sets have been received yet.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Its still just a storage box which will look neat next to the other reissue sets and keep all the LPs together, that's it. This shouldn't be a high price item. Question is, should I have to pay import charges for an empty box?
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    ski-bum said:
    So that back page is where they'll sign above each of their pictures with the vinyl set.
    Yes. Printed. It will be Pono-esque
    We shall see!
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    I'm just hatin'.  Hope it is signed. Would be sick
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    I hope I'm wrong and these are signed, it just seems like a lot of items to sign. I could see randomly signed ones like the ten super deluxe
  • link93link93 Posts: 403
    I would be shocked if these are anything but what is in the item description. Hope I'm wrong as I have one coming 
  • @demetrios
    Why the title change?
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,322
    @demetrios
    Why the title change?
    I kinda like it this way.
  • Anybody get one yet?!?
    Anybody get one yet?!?

No shipping emails yet on the complete vinyl box set.
  • demetrios said:
    Anybody get one yet?!?

@mookieblalock said he received a shipping notice for his?!?
    demetrios said:
    Anybody get one yet?!?

Yeah? Hmm .. I ordered & didn't receive any shipping notices yet. I don't think the reissue vinyl & singles have shipped out yet from 10club. Only the empty box has. 
  • demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    Anybody get one yet?!?

Yeah? Hmm .. I ordered & didn't receive any shipping notices yet. I don't think the reissue vinyl & singles have shipped out yet from 10club. Only the empty box has. 
    Me too, only for the empty box...
  • demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    Anybody get one yet?!?

Sorry, I followed up last week, but it never posted...

after your post, I double checked, I didn't realize they split my order up and only the empty box shipped the other part of the order was held back and listed as warehouse. So I was mistaken. Sorry!
  • demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    Anybody get one yet?!?

Sorry, I followed up last week, but it never posted...

after your post, I double checked, I didn't realize they split my order up and only the empty box shipped the other part of the order was held back and listed as warehouse. So I was mistaken. Sorry!
    Ahhhhhhhhhh!  That makes sense!
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Empty box was originally supposed to be delivered today...now it says Friday. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ComeToTX said:
    Empty box was originally supposed to be delivered today...now it says Friday. 
    Mine too
  • Speculation on how many empty boxes were made? 

100?

50?

Usually 10% make it to ebay via flippers but have only seen 4 so far from resellers.  I'm not including the 10C sales.

And yes, I follow this stuff wayyyyyy too much...
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    My two came yesterday. I'm happy with the $40 or $50 that I paid (I don't remember how much they were) but no way I would spend over $300. To each their own, but I just don't get it. For an empty box, lol. Not knocking anyone, as we are all crazy PJ fans, just in different ways. :)
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Speculation on how many empty boxes were made? 

100?

50?

Usually 10% make it to ebay via flippers but have only seen 4 so far from resellers.  I'm not including the 10C sales.

I thought you only followed the sock market...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • mfcbmwmfcbmw baltimore Posts: 41
    For an empty box, it definitely gets around. Still not even close and was supposed to be delivered yesterday  
  • PP193448 said:
    Speculation on how many empty boxes were made? 

100?

50?

I thought you only followed the sock market...
    There is a pair of Avocado and LB socks that I'm eyeballing...

Thread integrity, what do u think?
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    Does the empty box come in a box?

9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    ski-bum said:

Own up who kept the mystery boxes with the prints I  them.  There are sure too be some. My wife threw mine out 
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    ski-bum said:

Confirmed.  Box squared.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.