******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    pjhawks said:

3 home games leading up to the bye. This is...something, isn't it? Pleasantly surprised by all of this.

I think the tide's shifting in this town, fellas. Sixers on the rise. I think the Phils are moving in the right direction. Birds appear to be ahead of schedule.  What a time to be alive!

GO BIRDS.

and don't forget the Flyers. Lots of really talented young players on all these rosters.  Have to be excited to see how all these teams play out over the next few years.
    pretty winnable games too against San Fran, Washington and Denver (well not sure about Denver, they always worry me)

Nice impressive win i must say last night.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited October 2017
    so if KC loses to Pittsburgh and with Aaron Rodgers going down, does that male the Eagles the best team in the NFL now? 

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    so if KC loses to Pittsburgh and with Aaron Rodgers going down, does that male the Eagles the best team in the NFL now? 

i'd say 2nd behind KC right now.  long way to go though.  Next week is a huge game and you know it will be tight. the Redskins games always are.  
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Stadium will be bonkers
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Chris Long donating his entire salary this season to charity.  Pretty friggen awesome.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Chris Long donating his entire salary this season to charity.  Pretty friggen awesome.
    Was about to post the tweet from Sheil Kapadia. That is awesome.
    yes it is.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Just bought 2 tickets for MNF, the old lady was very excited.  Now, just need to get someone to watch the kids....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Just bought 2 tickets for MNF, the old lady was very excited.  Now, just need to get someone to watch the kids....
    Nice. Should be electric down there. I'm looking forward to it.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Not usually a big 'live' NFL game fan (last time I went was Super Bowl) but I have not been to a MNF game and expect it to be pretty cool.  Being that they played so well last game and that I don't like the Redskins it seemed like a good spot to go.  She is a big Eagles fan so I know she will be fired up. 
    Club level less than I thought it would be as well.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Not usually a big 'live' NFL game fan (last time I went was Super Bowl) but I have not been to a MNF game and expect it to be pretty cool.  Being that they played so well last game and that I don't like the Redskins it seemed like a good spot to go.  She is a big Eagles fan so I know she will be fired up. 
    Look at you, Mr, Super Bowl hot shot.

Eagles games blow donkey balls.
    Look at you, Mr, Super Bowl hot shot.

Eagles games blow donkey balls.
    Chance of a lifetime to attend a SB with 2 great friends and see the Niners win another one.
    Was not to be, F those Ravens. 
    My buddy had a childhood friend who was Chief of Staff to a then-Louisiana Senator & he got us access to CBS tickets.  (SB was in New Orleans)
    Still was a great time and if you can ever get tickets highly recommend the experience.
    PUMPED for a big letdown game! I'll be down there under 95 in FDR. Apparently going to this Bradford White tailgate that is supposed to be ridiculous.

Looking forward to a hellacious Tuesday morning at work.
    The Water Heater folks? 
    I have a doc apt at 7:00 Tuesday AM.  Hope he likes it when people smell like booze and appear to still be drunk.
    PUMPED for a big letdown game! I'll be down there under 95 in FDR. Apparently going to this Bradford White tailgate that is supposed to be ridiculous.

I get invited to that every game but never make it over. I've nothing but good things about it. Top shelf booze & hand rolled cigars.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited October 2017
    The Water Heater folks? 
    I have a doc apt at 7:00 Tuesday AM.  Hope he likes it when people smell like booze and appear to still be drunk.
    Those are the ones - dudes I'm going with, his buddy is a nephew of the owner or some shit I dunno. I look forward to mooching like the glutton I am.

Appear or are still drunk?

JK_Livin said:

I get invited to that every game but never make it over. I've nothing but good things about it. Top shelf booze & hand rolled cigars.
    This is what I've been told - apparently my boss's boss's boss goes to this thing. So, naturally, I'm sure it'll be a good time to network....
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    Appear or are still drunk?

That is the question.  Depends how things go. 
    not a terrible loss if you lose tonight but a huge win if you pull it out.  Would eliminate the Skins of any hope of the division with 2 wins over them.  I still think the Cowboys are the biggest threat.  People kind of falling asleep on them a bit.
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21117269
    If you haven't seen it yet, grab some tissues. Awesome story.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    A little of the bloom comes off the win over the Panthers after watching the Panthers (on extra rest) lose in superbly poor fashion against a horrid Bears team yesterday.
    Hate the Skins, hope Agholor scores 2 long TDs in a rout.
    JK_Livin said:
    just saw that. now i got tears at my desk at work.  thanks for that :blush:   i can't imagine the emotions that family goes through seeing Carson wearing the bracelet during a game.  
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    just saw that. now i got tears at my desk at work.  thanks for that :blush:   i can't imagine the emotions that family goes through seeing Carson wearing the bracelet during a game.  
    Sorry, I was the same yesterday morning. Brought back some memories because my mom was cremated in her Ricky Watters jersey. That kid was a monster for an 8yr old.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    A little of the bloom comes off the win over the Panthers after watching the Panthers (on extra rest) lose in superbly poor fashion against a horrid Bears team yesterday.
    The NFL makes zero sense.
    I lost the darn Survivor Pool on that game.  How could Panthers lose, right?  Long rest....need to get back to winning....Chicago passing game is invisible.
    Turns out the way they can lose is to give up 2 pick 6 plays and not score more than a FG.
    Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiit.

edited October 2017
    And I hate to keep harping the feelings of a negative Philly fan, but this game has letdown written all over it. But that won't keep me from losing my voice tonight; on my way to drinking 87 beers and being totally unproductive at work tomorrow.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

And I hate to keep harping the feelings of a negative Philly fan, but this game has letdown written all over it. But that won't keep me from losing my voice tonight; on my way to drinking 87 beers and being totally unproductive at work tomorrow.

Agreed. They gotta win tonight to solidify their position as a legit contender in my eyes. Panthers looking like poop yesterday did sort of tarnish a great win last week....Birds convincingly beating the Skins will polish that turd right back up though.

GO BIRDS.

chinese-happy.jpg
    Panthers looked like shit because we beat it out of them.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    I lost the darn Survivor Pool on that game.  How could Panthers lose, right?  Long rest....need to get back to winning....Chicago passing game is invisible.
    Turns out the way they can lose is to give up 2 pick 6 plays and not score more than a FG.
    Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiit.

on the bright side you are kicking my ass in fantasy football this week :lol:

They should handle Washington pretty easily I think like 30-17.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    awwww yeah, nice win birds!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited October 2017
    I can’t believe how far Pederson has come as a coach since last year when he was so pass happy. 

This year the play calling has been so money he doesn’t even know it....balanced attack game in, game out despite some injuries and BOOM—Wentz is a leading candidate for MVP at this point. 

BIRDS!
    chinese-happy.jpg