RIP Chris Cornell

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    Saw GNR do that song on Sunday at the concert.  Even seeing a shitty cover of one of his songs caused some sadness, knowing we never again get to hear him sing it.
    They played his 007 song as the show ended as well.  
    Obviously they dug him, which is cool

Duff is from Seattle so I think he's tight with a lot of the Seattle musicians.   There's a proshot video bootleg out there on the internet of Soundgarden opening for GNR in France in '92.  It's pretty epic.   I think the whole thing was PPV at the time.   
  • monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    edited October 2017
    This continues to be in regular rotation in my house.

• MEK42MEK42 Posts: 116

I'd LOVE one of these from the LA show :( 
  • i can provide links to AUDs from all the shows
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    Thanks for the links. Is there a consensus - best-quality recording?
  • I insist you make your own judgement on Seattle 2 even with the ballsucking recording. Here are the flacs:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6dfx0u16ooxy679/AAACVVw_rtKSmT2JAE473_O7a?dl=0

• monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    edited October 2017
    I think MSG is the consensus best recording - it's a matrix.

I surfaced Seattle 2! Some thanks I get ;)
    For the record, the reason (my opinion) it sucks balls isn't necessarily a fault of the taper, it's the people around the taper. And if you unearth a recording as good as ALL the others (seriously, ALL of the other recordings are great!), you'll get some serious praise from more than just me. :smile:
    I've heard there's another out there that's incomplete. If that's true maybe the two versions could comprise another matrix.
    Post edited by monkeewrench on
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    Great, thanks again very much!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Saw GNR do that song on Sunday at the concert.  Even seeing a shitty cover of one of his songs caused some sadness, knowing we never again get to hear him sing it.

it really surprised me that Axl was willing to sing that....I thought his opinion of all "grunge" singers who die prematurely were losers. That being said, it was cool to hear him try it, but man, he did not sing it well in Winnipeg. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

it really surprised me that Axl was willing to sing that....I thought his opinion of all "grunge" singers who die prematurely were losers. That being said, it was cool to hear him try it, but man, he did not sing it well in Winnipeg. 
    Yeah, it wasn't a good cover, but it wasn't complete garbage -- the band plays well. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I think MSG is the consensus best recording - it's a matrix.

I surfaced Seattle 2! Some thanks I get ;)
    For the record, the reason (my opinion) it sucks balls isn't necessarily a fault of the taper, it's the people around the taper. And if you unearth a recording as good as ALL the others (seriously, ALL of the other recordings are great!), you'll get some serious praise from more than just me. :smile:
    I've heard there's another out there that's incomplete. If that's true maybe the two versions could comprise another matrix.

Let's hope! I'd definitely love an A+ recording. But meanwhile I'm grateful for this one and the taper who got what he did and was willing to share it. It does give you enough of a sense of the vibe that night. That Reach Down with the little improv...wow :)
  • Well every show was pro shot at least
  • stevedsteved Posts: 651
    Well every show was pro shot at least
    I do not believe that most of these TOTD shows were professionally filmed. There may have been a single camera or two at each show that I didn't notice. Other than NYC which Banger Films documented in some way, I don't believe a full multi-camera Professional crew was present at either of the other shows. I was not in LA, but from what I could see from front row footage and many angles editing from Philly there was no crew there, and I was in the front rows at the four shows in San Fran and Seattle and I did not see a crew at either of those shows. I hope I am wrong and footage ends up seeing the light of day at some point. I am one of those people that is always looking out for cameras and filmer's, as I like to film and edit, and I just did not see it.
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    There was definitely a crew filming fans in the lobby before Philly 2. I thought they were maybe doing a documentary or concert film. I'd assume they filmed the show too but that's just an assumption
  • that notice saying 'you will be filmed etc etc' was at philly, new york and seattle i'm pretty sure
    that notice saying 'you will be filmed etc etc' was at philly, new york and seattle i'm pretty sure
    I don't disagree with the video taping notice, I can only report what I witnessed personally. I was 3rd row In Seattle both nights and at MSG, and Front row both nights in San Fran. I filmed in Seattle and San Fran. The only pro camera I witnessed up there was in MSG and in San Fran there was a single camera man in the pit only there documenting Fantastic Negrito as it was his hometown gig. 

As for audio:  Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! For the Seattle two source!!!! It is not the best tape compared to some of the others, but yes I can relive that very special night that I desperately longed to because of your help! 

I have not downloaded and don't know which sources these are. 

The Philly night one audio source is Fantastic but the bass needs to be turned way down and there were technical difficulties on Chris's mic cutting out throughout the night. 

Both nights of San Fran have alternate audio versions I have that are Fantastic that are much better then the MSG matrix. 

Seattle one has two great versions as well. Vikas Schoeps version is superior than the other version. 
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

With all this Temple talk figured I would post or repost these. Lol

You can see here in the front there are no film crews here in Seattle, San Fran or Philly.. it is possible that they positioned a crew elsewhere in the venue. They did have oddly placed angles in the Benaroya footage from 2015. 
    Even with that they had camera people on the sides and in noticeable areas. 

http://youtu.be/xWiXEYl0DAw

http://youtu.be/GL40T2QWtyw

http://youtu.be/1OJAhB5Cark

Believe me, nobody would be happier than me to be wrong!

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    are there mp3s of the shows floating around anywhere?  thanks in advance!  I just want to put them on my phone for a flight.
  • steved said:
    With all this Temple talk figured I would post or repost these. Lol

You can see here in the front there are no film crews here in Seattle, San Fran or Philly.. it is possible that they positioned a crew elsewhere in the venue. They did have oddly placed angles in the Benaroya footage from 2015. 
    Even with that they had camera people on the sides and in noticeable areas. 

http://youtu.be/xWiXEYl0DAw

http://youtu.be/GL40T2QWtyw

http://youtu.be/1OJAhB5Cark

Believe me, nobody would be happier than me to be wrong!
    You the man Steve :)

I was at the philly shows, ny, and the seattle shows and definitely saw the notices at all 5 shows. but you def have a better eye for whats actually going on up there camera wise than me. We'll see I guess!

Meantime I just got this coloured in. TGIF everybody :)
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Where did you get that?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    I wish I had some of the time you folks have.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I've got a deck in my car that supports FLAC via USB drive, so I have a craptonne of albums on it.   Was flicking through them yesterday (it's slow to navigate, so I repeatedly tap the folder up or folder down button to see what comes on).    Audioslave's first album came on.    It's one of my favourite Chris Cornell albums.  It kicks ass front to back.  I even added we got the whip to the end of the album (which was on the original civilian demos and later as a bside).    As much as I enjoyed listening to it... it bums me out knowing we'll never get to see him make magic like that again :(
  • That whole album is sick. The Getaway Car => Last Remaining Light Ending is so good. Literally every song is strong tho.
  • kramer73 said:
    are there mp3s of the shows floating around anywhere?  thanks in advance!  I just want to put them on my phone for a flight.
    if you download flacs you can download a free software called switch (just google it) and it will convert the flacs to mp3s for you
  • The solo versions of Getaway Car are awesome too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM4CPXOoBfE