2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    mca47 said:
    Well, that was a fn disaster!!

What an embarrassment.  That was the worst Bears game I've ever seen in person....what a joke.  Glennon fucking sucks...plain and simple.  2 awful picks and a fumble yesterday.  I know they don't want to rush Trubisky, but they won't have a choice pretty soon here.  
    Playing Trubisky would be the exact idiotic thing this team would do.  Trade up for a pick you could have had regardless and then get him destroyed his rookie year.  
    I don't necessarily buy in to the "getting the rookie destroyed" idea.  Yes, this is a crappy team that has very few weapons on offense.  Basically, they have two and they are both in the backfield...and one can't catch a ball.
    There have been many young, star QBs who got off to great starts, much of that was surrounded by incredible talent (Dak Prescott and going back a little further...Roethlisberger, Rivers...but there have also been young or rookie QBs who were drafted in to "disastrous" situations/shit teams.  
    Alex Smith, Derek Carr to name a couple that are currently playing.  They had shit teams and were thrown into the fire and they turned out alright.  
    At the beginning of the season I assumed Glennon would start the first 4 games (hard games against good teams), then Trub would come in and show what he can or can't do.  That may still be the case, but if I had any say in it, I'd prep him up and bring him in sooner than later. 
    Good QBs find a way to be successful.  If the kid can't hack it, so be it....then we'll all know.
    And, the 0-line while banged up still has given Glennon more than enough time to make a decision and throw the ball.  When things collapse, he can't do anything because he can't move his feet.  I believe Trub will have the time to throw and extent plays with his feet allowing the sub-par WRs time to find a way to get open.  
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    edited September 2017
    mca47 said:
    mca47 said:

What an embarrassment.  That was the worst Bears game I've ever seen in person....what a joke.  Glennon fucking sucks...plain and simple.  2 awful picks and a fumble yesterday.  I know they don't want to rush Trubisky, but they won't have a choice pretty soon here.  
    Playing Trubisky would be the exact idiotic thing this team would do.  Trade up for a pick you could have had regardless and then get him destroyed his rookie year.  
    I don't necessarily buy in to the "getting the rookie destroyed" idea.  Yes, this is a crappy team that has very few weapons on offense.  Basically, they have two and they are both in the backfield...and one can't catch a ball.
    There have been many young, star QBs who got off to great starts, much of that was surrounded by incredible talent (Dak Prescott and going back a little further...Roethlisberger, Rivers...but there have also been young or rookie QBs who were drafted in to "disastrous" situations/shit teams.  
    Alex Smith, Derek Carr to name a couple that are currently playing.  They had shit teams and were thrown into the fire and they turned out alright.  
    At the beginning of the season I assumed Glennon would start the first 4 games (hard games against good teams), then Trub would come in and show what he can or can't do.  That may still be the case, but if I had any say in it, I'd prep him up and bring him in sooner than later. 
    Good QBs find a way to be successful.  If the kid can't hack it, so be it....then we'll all know.
    And, the 0-line while banged up still has given Glennon more than enough time to make a decision and throw the ball.  When things collapse, he can't do anything because he can't move his feet.  I believe Trub will have the time to throw and extent plays with his feet allowing the sub-par WRs time to find a way to get open.  
    Exactly.  Waiting for Trubisky to be surrounded by a perfect team would not help his development.  Playing Glennon any more than a few games just doesn't make any sense for the long term future of Trubisky or this team.  Perfect time to put him in would be for the 5th game....4th game is Thursday night against GB and their 5th game is on Monday night so they'd have 9-10 days between games to get him ready to go.  Fox is coaching for his job at this point, so I just don't see him sticking with Glennon if they keep losing....and it's hard not to see them being anything other than 0-4 after these next 2 games. 

You forgot to mention Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning playing as rookies on horseshit teams.  Both of them went 1-15 their first years I believe.  Not saying Trubisky will end up being as good as either of those guys, but I just don't buy the notion that playing on a shitty team as a rookie QB is going to ruin a guy's career 
    Post edited by Indifference71 on
    mca47 said:
    mca47 said:

Exactly.  Waiting for Trubinsky to be surrounded by a perfect team would not help his development.  Playing Glennon any more than a few games just doesn't make any sense for the long term future of Trubisky or this team.  Perfect time to put him in would be for the 5th game....4th game is Thursday night against GB and their 5th game is on Monday night so they'd have 9-10 days between games to get him ready to go.  Fox is coaching for his job at this point, so I just don't see him sticking with Glennon if they keep losing....and it's hard not to see them being anything other than 0-4 after these next 2 games. 

You forgot to mention Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning playing as rookies on horseshit teams.  Both of them went 1-15 their first years I believe.  Not saying Trubisky will end up being as good as either of those guys, but I just don't buy the notion that playing on a shitty team as a rookie QB is going to ruin a guy's career 
    Well said.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    offhand observation....the stud QB is often BMOC, homecoming king, dude the girls want to bang...

glennon? not so much.

name me another good QB as ugly as he.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Jeff fucking Hostetler 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Wobbie said:
    offhand observation....the stud QB is often BMOC, homecoming king, dude the girls want to bang...

glennon? not so much.

He looks like a giant penis.
    Wobbie said:

glennon? not so much.

Maybe not as bad as Glennon...
    Andrew Luck
    Andy Dalton
    Kyle Orton
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Good old Neck Beard, Kyle Orton.  :lol:

That was a wild game.  Howard and Cohen are a dangerous duo in the backfield.  Glennon is still awful.  And Cooper is a moron....can't believe he got stripped there.  Ridiculous.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    That was a wild game.  Howard and Cohen are a dangerous duo in the backfield.  Glennon is still awful.  And Cooper is a moron....can't believe he got stripped there.  Ridiculous.

That's the type of cap that happens when it's completely acceptable to do whatever you want to express yourself/be nonchalant/rub it in when you do something good. Looking at how he was slowing down, I think we was abut to stop completely before going into the end zone. 

I know it's a different sport, but that's why I am so fond of how the Cubs are running their ship. The closest thing they have to this is Java Baez. He is definitely arrogant and cocky, but he doesn't lack effort. 

I guess I'm the old get off my lawn type of guy.

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Yeah, Howard and Cohen are fun to watch!  Can you imagine if Cooper's showboating and being stripped of the ball happened on a Ditka team?  Hell, can you imagine if that would happen on a Belichek team?  Oh, that's right, it wouldn't!  Ditka would have murdered him on the field and Belichek would have released him before the game was over.
    mca47 said:
    Yeah, Howard and Cohen are fun to watch!  Can you imagine if Cooper's showboating and being stripped of the ball happened on a Ditka team?  Hell, can you imagine if that would happen on a Belichek team?  Oh, that's right, it wouldn't!  Ditka would have murdered him on the field and Belichek would have released him before the game was over.
    Yep.  Shit like that would never happen on a well-coached team.  

Could you imagine if the Bears actually had a competent QB who was a threat to throw the ball??  Would go well with the RB duo and solid defense that they have.  I was all for giving Glennon a chance, but it's clear that he's just not a good QB at all.  I find it hard to believe that Trubisky would be any worse than this guy...and he could at least move around the pocket to extend or make some plays.  Glennon is like a statue back there.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    mca47 said:
    He would have been cut or traded for a sack of rocks within 24 hr
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    mca47 said:
    Wobbie said:

glennon? not so much.

Andrew Luck
    Andy Dalton
    Kyle Orton
    any of the detmer boys
    or Rico Dynamite
    Image result for napoleon dynamite football
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    mca47 said:
    Yep.  Shit like that would never happen on a well-coached team.  

Could you imagine if the Bears actually had a competent QB who was a threat to throw the ball??  Would go well with the RB duo and solid defense that they have.  I was all for giving Glennon a chance, but it's clear that he's just not a good QB at all.  I find it hard to believe that Trubisky would be any worse than this guy...and he could at least move around the pocket to extend or make some plays.  Glennon is like a statue back there.
    Exactly!!  We've fought hard in 2 out of the 3 games.  Should have won against Atlanta, and beat the Steelers...mostly due to the defense that kept us in the game and because of Howard and Cohen.  I understand the Bears WRs are a mess, but we've been mostly competitive this year.  If....IF we had a legitimate chance to throw the ball more than 5-6 yards and extend plays for WRs who can't shed initial coverage, that opens up the offense in so many ways.  No longer can teams stack the box.  The passing game becomes a thing again and Howard and Cohen get even MORE room to run.  As a Bears fan and a fantasy football owner of Cohen (in two leagues), there is nothing more I want than to see #10 line up at center.  LOL
    What an embarrassing start.  Glennon is complete garbage.  
    mca47 said:
    Wobbie said:

glennon? not so much.

Andrew Luck
    Andy Dalton
    Kyle Orton
    any of the detmer boys

I can't recall Koy, but Ty is the OC at BYU and, yes, ugly.

still think glennon takes the prize.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    GLENNON!!!!!!! :rock_on:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wow.  Not much left to say about Glennon.  He is complete trash.  It's time to give Trubisky a chance.  

The worst part about last night is that the Packers were beatable.  But when you turn the ball over 4 fucking times, you don't have much of a chance.
  • Wow.  Not much left to say about Glennon.  He is complete trash.  It's time to give Trubisky a chance.  

The worst part about last night is that the Packers were beatable.  But when you turn the ball over 4 fucking times, you don't have much of a chance.
    At half time did you get a chance to listen to Deion Sanders talk about Glennon?  Give it a listen.
    Wow.  Not much left to say about Glennon.  He is complete trash.  It's time to give Trubisky a chance.  

At half time did you get a chance to listen to Deion Sanders talk about Glennon?  Give it a listen.
    Just heard that.  LOL.  Deion has never been known for being smart.  Glennon is "doing his job" he says....turning it over 4 times is an interesting way of doing your job.  
  • Wow.  Not much left to say about Glennon.  He is complete trash.  It's time to give Trubisky a chance.  

Just heard that.  LOL.  Deion has never been known for being smart.  Glennon is "doing his job" he says....turning it over 4 times is an interesting way of doing your job.  
    He did note that the 2 of his best receivers were out.

You think Trubisky is up for the task right now?  Don't think he should wait out another year?  Wait till all cylinders are firing?

You think Trubisky is up for the task right now?  Don't think he should wait out another year?  Wait till all cylinders are firing?

The WRs are not good...I get that.  But Glennon has 8 turnovers in 4 games and he is no threat at all to thrown the ball downfield.  Howard/Cohen are a nice RB duo, but teams are just going to stack the box since they know Glennon can't beat them.   Not saying Trubisky will be the savior here, but I think he deserves a chance.  It can't get much worse than this.  
    Unreal.  Fox is delusional!  
    I mean, he HAS to know he's coaching career is on the line right now.  
    Ugh!!
    mca47 said:
    Ugh!!

He knows.  He just had a press conference and didn't name a QB for next week yet.  Every other time this year he immediately said Glennon was still the starter.  It's just a matter of time at this point...
    mca47 said:
    Ugh!!

He knows.  He just had a press conference and didn't name a QB for next week yet.  Every other time this year he immediately said Glennon was still the starter.  It's just a matter of time at this point...
    I suppose that's true.  And you know when Trub comes in and plays well, Fox will say it was his plan the whole time.  haha
    Trubisky starting next Monday!  I think I'm going to the game too!

The WRs are not good...I get that.  But Glennon has 8 turnovers in 4 games and he is no threat at all to thrown the ball downfield.  Howard/Cohen are a nice RB duo, but teams are just going to stack the box since they know Glennon can't beat them.   Not saying Trubisky will be the savior here, but I think he deserves a chance.  It can't get much worse than this.  
    This is the thing that people miss when looking at so many statistics.  If you are unable to move the ball downfield they will give you many crappy completions so your numbers look better.
    Glennon & Hoyer are truly jokes as starting QBs.  Glad one is done, cant wait for the other.
    Trubisky starting next Monday!  I think I'm going to the game too!
    Yep, cannot wait!
    I'll always remember where I was when the trubisky era started.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16