10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited August 2017
    Very interesting, I wonder why the ghost want that window to be open?
    Maybe there is some tragic story behind this.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Either I am becoming way more sensitive or my balcony has become some sort of portal to the other side. Every night that I've been out here in the past couple weeks, I've seen at least one or two figures walking out here. There's been a pretty dramatic increase in activity in the house overall. Up until a couple of days ago when a friend and I decided to shut that shit down. At least the kids can sleep again, thankfully. 

In unrelated news, I'm thinking of going back to practicing Wicca. Thoughts?

Questions?
    What am I smoking? Slymer. (At first I read it as Shyner :lol:)

@dankind That didn't take long, did it? :smiley:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Either I am becoming way more sensitive or my balcony has become some sort of portal to the other side. Every night that I've been out here in the past couple weeks, I've seen at least one or two figures walking out here. There's been a pretty dramatic increase in activity in the house overall. Up until a couple of days ago when a friend and I decided to shut that shit down. At least the kids can sleep again, thankfully. 

In unrelated news, I'm thinking of going back to practicing Wicca. Thoughts?

Questions?
    What am I smoking? Slymer. (At first I read it as Shyner :lol:)

@dankind That didn't take long, did it? :smiley:
    have you tried taking pics or video?  that would be kinda cool

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • chadwick said:

recently a few things got our attention. im sleeping & or trying to sleep when i'd hear walking up & down the stairs (both & sets of stairs). it was no one here doing the walking, everyone was asleep. same night i felt weight come onto the side of the bed. i've felt this before over the years. the next morning the g/f is in the bathroom & she later asks me if i was messing w/ the door because it was being pushed on, tugged on & jiggled around.  

That's some heavy activity. 
    I often would see or hear someone when I'm in the shower, to the point that I would honestly think my husband walked in and I'm be starting a conversation with him, only to find myself alone in the house. 
    I recently smudged my house and the activity has definitely decreased. It was interesting, feeling the different energy throughout the house and then feeling the heaviness lift. Very cool experience. 
    Roguestoner,

Thanks for your posts. Interesting stuff!
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Oh, Hell yes! One actually took a clock off of the wall, and tossed it over my T.V. / Stereo system, and across the living room.Breaking it into pieces. I guess it didn't like the "Donna's Kitchen" clock in the living room. All we heard was a loud crash. It traveled over 6 feet. And it had to be lifted of the hook. There are other stories......
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    someone called me?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    I've been waiting to tell this story until I was a bit more mentally stable. Then I realized that may never happen, so I'll tell it now. :smiley:

About 2 weeks ago, I found out a dear friend of mine had committed suicide. I was overcome with shock and grief. I'm a lousy Catholic, but as part of my grieving process, I went to church, prayed, lit candles, yada, yada, yada...  Afterwards, I came home, lit a candle in my friend's memory and plopped my exhausted self on the couch, within 6 feet and full view of the candle. 

When my kids got home, I told them the sad news (excluding COD of course). My 9 y.o. daughter asked about a pendant (slightly bigger than dog tags) that was laying with some other trinkets next to me.  They belonged to my late grandmother and I always take them to church with me to bless. I looked at the pendant and said that's an angel. "Like a guardian angel?" my daughter asked. As soon as I answered "yes", she immediately said "Then I bet Serena might need this" and put it on the table right next to the candle. 

Our evening went on with me glued to my spot, staring at that candle and thinking of my friend. The time had come to go upstairs. The first things I went to get were the candle and pendant. The pendant was gone. We searched all around for it. No sign of it. Normally, I would assume one of the kids took it but I had my eyes glued to that spot the entire time and the kids all stayed away from it because they know what a lit candle represents. The kids came to the conclusion that Serena must've taken it, the gift from my little girl. 

The next day, the first thing I noticed was that I had slept really well and was in a great mood. Very much at peace, like the weight of the grief I felt had been lifted. I was feeling very guilty about this, plus the fact that I was going out (plans made a month earlier). As I was about to leave, my daughter runs up to me excitedly saying "I found it! Look! I found it!"  It was the angel pendant. My daughter found it on her bed. In her room. Upstairs. 

This is one I truly can't explain. But my kids were so amazed by this experience. They are thrilled that Serena got Lacey's gift and returned it to her in a way to let her know she had been there. And they feel better knowing they're being watched over. :)
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    ^Thanks for sharing. I’m not sure how I would react in that situation. Crazy stuff
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

yes thanks for sharing

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    My dogs are going nuts again. Time to play my favorite game...intruder? ghost? or just plain crazy?

Looks like our little ghost girl is back again. My daughter has seen her and now my younger son. She likes to play in my bathroom...make random things fall, make tapping sounds, close the door. I'd put some some toys out for her but my kids have already done that. Every. Fucking. Where. :weary:
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Does anybody ever look at the photos for a Zillow listing and come to conclusion that the property is haunted?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Does anybody ever look at the photos for a Zillow listing and come to conclusion that the property is haunted?
    Or you just know where the bodies are buried. It's the "extra storage space" shed. They're always under the damn shed. 

rogue stoner,

im almost jealous. it's been calm around here as of late. but i know here before too long something weird as frig will kick in & i won't be jealous no more. weird how that is but when you've had basically a lifetime fulla this stuff, i think you begin to expect it & when there's a dry run for even a month, you're like, what the frig? do something you bastards.

just watch i'll be having some stupid ass shit happen any moment now. 

oh here he comes now with caramel corn (it's an inside joke for a special someone)          

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

rogue stoner,

im almost jealous. it's been calm around here as of late. but i know here before too long something weird as frig will kick in & i won't be jealous no more. weird how that is but when you've had basically a lifetime fulla this stuff, i think you begin to expect it & when there's a dry run for even a month, you're like, what the frig? do something you bastards.

just watch i'll be having some stupid ass shit happen any moment now. 

oh here he comes now with caramel corn (it's an inside joke for a special someone)          

I agree. As weird and unnerving as the  active times are, when it's calm, it's too calm. It almost feels lonely, as silly as that sounds. And I can't control any of it nor understand most of it. Today's a very active day. A bit overwhelming. 
    how so is today's activity overwhelming? the dog's going nuts? 

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:
    how so is today's activity overwhelming? the dog's going nuts? 
    Ok, so most of the activity happens in my bedroom (excuse the phrasing :lol:) and on my balcony. That's my special spot...where I smoke, text, post, "write", contemplate, feel, pray, listen to music, and see figures walking by. From a wall to the edge of my balcony and disappear. I joke that it's become like a portal. Anyways, the best way I can describe it is...imagine you're in a dark room. As you make your way through, you can sort of feel that you're near a person even though you can't see them. That's what I feel. And my body feels like it's vibrating. (Go ahead, degens...have at the jokes ;))  This morning, walking through my house was like walking through a crowded party. Physically it feels a little like walking in a pool. It affects me physically. Nausea and such if it's negative. Sometimes I'll just burst out in a huge grin if it's good. The talking part is like when you recall a conversation in your head, each participant has a different voice, tone, style. That's how I hear them. Although there have been times I've heard them audibly but muffled so I couldn't understand what they were saying to each other. My body was visibly shaking when that happened. 
    Pros: A person pops into my head, I pick up my phone, within a minute or so that person texts or calls or posts. Pretty convenient. :)
    Cons: Getting vibes about people or sometimes glimpses. Some don't take it very well. I get it. I still pray for them. 

Wow. You caught me on a strange night. I usually overshare but I really opened up here. Oh well. Let them think I'm "disturbed". I know what I know and that's all I need. 

Tomorrow is my friend's funeral. My daughter wants to go. She insisted on drawing a picture to give to Serena's mom. She asked for a cross necklace and we lit a candle and she said a prayer for her. 

Damn. Tomorrow is going to be tough. 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Why don't skeptical ever have these experiences?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    Why don't skeptical ever have these experiences?
    My theory is that it's like a spectrum and people fall in different spots. I think everyone has the capability to be somewhat sensitive but most people tune it all out. (They're not as masochistic as I am :giggle:). 
    Skeptics also explain everything away or just ignore it. Weird noises get explained away as the house settling. Or just tuned out. I'm choosing to tune in, after having ignored all of this for years. 
    It's not that I look at everything as supernatural. But if I can't explain it, I don't just ignore it anymore. I guess enough has happened throughout my life that I just can't ignore it anymore. Believe me, it's no picnic. 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Sensitive to what?
    Light?  Sound?  Temperature changes?

Skeptical minds process these stimuli as well as believers.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    Sensitive to what?
    Light?  Sound?  Temperature changes?

Skeptical minds process these stimuli as well as believers.

Yes, I guess it comes down to what they attribute them to. 
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I have only had two ghost experiences in my life otherwise nothing, I don’t think I’m sensitive in that way.

roguestoner,

it is true what you said - it's no picnic , but quite a gift. if i shared what i believe i would be laughed out of here, therefore i try & tone it down some. 

when i was 4 or 5 years old i had this dream, well, at least that is how i comprehended it to be. then it vanished from my thoughts & memory for decades until my mom mentioned it. bam, it was like being under hypnosis or something. it literally kicked my brain in & flashes of this event came crashing in just as they did decades ago. im my opinion this was no dream, it was a reality of some kind. i know it was real as it lines up with something. i'd rather not go into details & i am sorry about that.      

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2017
    I don't disbelieve in them.... ? I'm a ghost agnostic. I acknowledge there is the possibility of some kind of natural process that makes ghosts possible. I think that is a very remote possibility, but I don't rule it out completely. That would rely on the theory that consciousness is energy though.... so I dunno. There certainly are a lot of crazy ghost stories out there. A few of them are convincing, although there could be other unexplained natural phenomena at play there, and people simply translate it into "ghosts". I feel like that's more likely. But you never know. I seriously doubt it... but it would be nice. I'd love to become a ghost, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited October 2017

pjsoul,

you may get to become one.

Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I've had experiences that I can't explain, but the skeptic in me refuses to believe that they're supernatural.

These experiences often involve lights. One very strange one was when we were subletting an apartment in Brooklyn while the co-op that we bought was be rehabbed. We had been living there for a about a month, and I had already had a few experiences with the lights increasing their intensity as mine did (e.g., I'd get upset with my daughter and raise my voice or something like that). I chalked those up to bad wiring. But then this one night, I noticed a strange glow in the laundry room, I went inside and discovered that the owner's battery-operated hiking headlamp was on. Now, this was a sticky slide switch that required some pressure to be forced up into the on position or down into the off position. It's not something that could've been switched on accidentally by tossing a box of fabric softener sheets next to it or something like that.

I still haven't figured that out, and I never will. But like I said, the skeptic in me refuses to believe that it was something supernatural.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited October 2017
    I don't believe in ghosts.  That stated, I don't believe in any religious figures either.  Ghosts seem just as likely as gods -- people that believe in ghosts get a bad rap when I consider that....since most of the world believes in a god (or gods) they never see.

Was in Charleston, SC last month and it seemed every place we visited was said to be haunted. 

I do hear creaks and shit like that constantly in my house, but growing up in a 200+ year old house I am used to a life of explaining things away, like RS says.  It would have freaked me the fuck out as a kid to be alone in that huge, noisy-ass, house at night, and to think those noises were ghosts. 

One of my best friends growing up, his father routinely saw someone in their house.  I stayed over lots and lots of times but never saw anyone.

I am OK with not seeing ghosts (or gods) if they are real.  :)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I would like it if my dad would come down as a ghost and hang out with me.  I guess we couldn't drink together but I could drink enough for 2.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I would like it if my dad would come down as a ghost and hang out with me.  I guess we couldn't drink together but I could drink enough for 2.
    You and me both, F Me.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2017
    I don't believe in ghosts.  That stated, I don't believe in any religious figures either.  Ghosts seem just as likely as gods -- people that believe in ghosts get a bad rap when I consider that....since most of the world believes in a god (or gods) they never see.

Was in Charleston, SC last month and it seemed every place we visited was said to be haunted. 

I do hear creaks and shit like that constantly in my house, but growing up in a 200+ year old house I am used to a life of explaining things away, like RS says.  It would have freaked me the fuck out as a kid to be alone in that huge, noisy-ass, house at night, and to think those noises were ghosts. 

One of my best friends growing up, his father routinely saw someone in their house.  I stayed over lots and lots of times but never saw anyone.

I am OK with not seeing ghosts (or gods) if they are real.  :)
    Interesting, because I'm at least somewhat open to the possibility of the existence of ghosts, but I am a staunch Atheist, lol. Gods seem impossible to me, but not ghosts.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata