2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set

Comments

• MayDay10 said:
    i actually was going to buy the empty box....  didnt realize a pre-order was going to sell out
    Same here. Anyone have any word on whether the empty box will get restocked or not? I know the Complete Vinyl Box Set was a limited edition of 500 (said so right on the page), but I wasn't thinking the empty box was limited. At least not limited enough to sell out so quickly. 
    I think they will add more, hopefully, a pre-sale (not limited edition item) sold out in less than a day, doesn't make sense...
    Same here, I was busy with family all day yesterday in my hometown and then driving home at night.  Didn't have time to really look at the presale long and figured I'd have at least today to look at shipping cost etc to buy the empty box.  Count me in as another who would likely buy if they do restock.
    Been waiting years for these 3 to be reissued though, so very excited to finally own them on vinyl.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I understand the whole 1st come first serve nature of something that is stated 'limited edition'.... I probably wouldnt spend that anyways to acquire about 8 albums I already own, some in multiples...

But

Having an item for preorder, that doesnt state limited edition, sell out quickly is kind of bad communication.  They know how we are.  I had figured I had enough time to log into a CPU on Monday, look at it, assess the shipping costs of that and a couple of the reissues, and order.

Its not a big deal though, its kind of a take it or leave it thing for me anyways at that price point.... much like the crates I didn't buy.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    marjen said:
    Man I now have to wonder, with this box set coming out for "all" their studio albums, plus the book that was released recently with lyrics to "all' their albums, I am really starting to think they are done putting out new music together. Its really starting to look like it. :(
    I think new musical output will be further between, but I don't think they're done yet.   There's been a few slips that the band has been in the process of writing songs.   I think they'll make a new album.  I get the feeling they were starting to work on it when Chris Cornell passed away :(  I think that probably delayed whatever album/touring plans they might of had.

I think what keeps the band together is only recording/touring when all the members are ready to so.   I think some band members might be more eager than others (hence why some of them starting doing side projects when they get the itch).   It means the band moves at a slower pace, but I think they'll still move.   Kind of like the Stones or other bands with really long careers.  They tour a little here or there, drop and album few and far between, but they keep on trucking.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    For me, I passed on these because I felt that perhaps this was similar to the "limited" set that FYE sold of the PJ singles, that was simply a bundle.  Am I more tempted to pull the trigger should it pop back into the store, yes, but I knew this when I had one in my cart yesterday. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • wnh1977wnh1977 Iowa Posts: 570
    Zod said:
    marjen said:
    Man I now have to wonder, with this box set coming out for "all" their studio albums, plus the book that was released recently with lyrics to "all' their albums, I am really starting to think they are done putting out new music together. Its really starting to look like it. :(
    I think new musical output will be further between, but I don't think they're done yet.   There's been a few slips that the band has been in the process of writing songs.   I think they'll make a new album.  I get the feeling they were starting to work on it when Chris Cornell passed away :(  I think that probably delayed whatever album/touring plans they might of had.

I think what keeps the band together is only recording/touring when all the members are ready to so.   I think some band members might be more eager than others (hence why some of them starting doing side projects when they get the itch).   It means the band moves at a slower pace, but I think they'll still move.   Kind of like the Stones or other bands with really long careers.  They tour a little here or there, drop and album few and far between, but they keep on trucking.
    Yes, keep the name alive to continue to keep the cash coming in.  If two very safe albums in the last decade, that happen to fall at the bottom of most fan lists, aren't an indication that this band's creative peak and hunger are over, I have several other examples I can provide you.  The aforementioned vinyl box set, lyric book and an array of other nostalgia-related releases (Ten re-release, Vs./Vitalogy re-release, PJ20, etc.) over the past few years should clearly tell you what is going on with this band.  

They're a part-time band that still puts on a great live show... and they put out a hell of a lot of merchandise that their most fervent fans continue to lap up.  Unfortunately, Eddie's bullshit comments around PJ20, and during the Hall of Fame speech too, about being tired of looking back and being excited about future creations falls empty and flat.  Give me bands like Queens of the Stone Age or Radiohead that are still making interesting new material and are still relevant.  It's disappointing, but this is how I feel at this stage of the game.  
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006:5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    MayDay10 said:
    i actually was going to buy the empty box....  didnt realize a pre-order was going to sell out
    i read that alot is social media..maybe would be a good idea to restock..alot want it

10 am on the 10th like clockwork we know that something is going to post on here...  That being said 10C has some things that were "limited" and haven't sold out yet like those messenger bags and backpacks so maybe they want things to sell.

When things sell out it creates buzz.
    is not that simple..concioder in some place in europe its 10-11 pm that time and at australia is 3-4 am..so not all can be online thjat time
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • and once again its a blink and you,ll miss it sale. back in the day missed benny and more recently ten coke bottle clear and sevens. now this. i wouldn't mind but even the empty box is sold out. 500 copies which i hope the recipients will appreciate or buy it now on ebay for $1000. at least put more empties up for sale, its a pre order is it not.
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    wnh1977 said:
    Zod said:
    marjen said:

Yes, keep the name alive to continue to keep the cash coming in.  If two very safe albums in the last decade, that happen to fall at the bottom of most fan lists, aren't an indication that this band's creative peak and hunger are over, I have several other examples I can provide you.  The aforementioned vinyl box set, lyric book and an array of other nostalgia-related releases (Ten re-release, Vs./Vitalogy re-release, PJ20, etc.) over the past few years should clearly tell you what is going on with this band.  

They're a part-time band that still puts on a great live show... and they put out a hell of a lot of merchandise that their most fervent fans continue to lap up.  Unfortunately, Eddie's bullshit comments around PJ20, and during the Hall of Fame speech too, about being tired of looking back and being excited about future creations falls empty and flat.  Give me bands like Queens of the Stone Age or Radiohead that are still making interesting new material and are still relevant.  It's disappointing, but this is how I feel at this stage of the game.  
    Radiohead has made 9 studio albums.  They last released a record in 2016 and before that 2011.  Now you certainly may find their material more interesting, albeit that is subjective, but they are certainly not churning out the new material any faster than Pearl Jam.
    Pearl Jam released records in 1991, 93, 94, 96, 98, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2009 and 2013.  Currently this is the longest period of time the band has gone without putting out a record of entirely new material.   That is to say, 4 years, which is less than the 5 years and 2 months than the very prolific Radiohead gap.

Queens went almost exactly 6 years between releases at one point. So again, subjectively, perhaps the material is more interesting, but they are hardly generating a tidal wave of new sounds.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    I hope they do put up more empty boxes for sale.

*crossing fingers
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    demetrios said:

*crossing fingers
    me too - I held off, for no good reason, because I ASSumed they would be around for a while. 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    edited September 2017
    demetrios said:

*crossing fingers
    me too - I held off, for no good reason, because I ASSumed they would be around for a while. 
    This :(   
    I had no good reason for waiting other than it was a PRE-order. 
    I only wanted the empty box. BUMMER!
    Why I have to keep learning this lesson over and over is a mystery to me.
    Post edited by ItIsAllAboutPJ on
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    Ha! Now all you guys who were going to make your own can't!!

Just kidding..hope they add more.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    ***Head's up - you can now add OG Ten with the other pre-sale albums to combine into a single shipment!***

Kind of glad the box set and the empty box sold out - I was going back and forth on it, as all I really needed was Avocado, Riot Act, Binaural, and thought I'd pick up OG Ten as well. When I spend more than 30 minutes thinking about it, it probably wasn't meant to be. $166 for the 4 albums + the 6 reissues singles shipped...I can live with that. :)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • demetrios said:

*crossing fingers
    This :(   
    I had no good reason for waiting other than it was a PRE-order. 
    I only wanted the empty box. BUMMER!
    Why I have to keep learning this lesson over and over is a mystery to me.
    Yup.... me too..... sigh.  I even said, out loud, "I'm not missing this one. I'm ordering tomorrow!" 
    I love them, and I'll get over it, but honestly, sold out in one day!? It's not us, it's them....

• turner78turner78 Atlanta, GA Posts: 144
    I attempted to do the adult thing and make sure my wife was cool with me spending $350 - $375 before I purchased it. Horrible decision on my part. As the saying goes, Better to ask for forgiveness...
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    For anyone wondering what you get extra in the box, why its more expensive. I'm guessing all records in the box will be freshly pressed for this. I doubt very much they will delve into the warehouse to find 500 copies of Backspacer, Lightning Bolt etc and remove the shrink and pack them. As part of the deal with the plant pressing the 4 new reissues, they will be getting 500 complete sets which will be costly to do. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    demetrios said:

*crossing fingers
    I really didnt care for the box. Looks similar to the Ten and VS deluxe, which are cardboard covered in felt = dust magnets.
    If it was an analog free item of the year, yeah I probably would have actually claimed it this year. But definitely not spending $45 + shipping for it.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    ***Head's up - you can now add OG Ten with the other pre-sale albums to combine into a single shipment!***
    looks like i'll be contacting shipping@tenclub.net. thatnks for the heads up.
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    FR181798 said:
    For anyone wondering what you get extra in the box, why its more expensive. I'm guessing all records in the box will be freshly pressed for this. I doubt very much they will delve into the warehouse to find 500 copies of Backspacer, Lightning Bolt etc and remove the shrink and pack them. As part of the deal with the plant pressing the 4 new reissues, they will be getting 500 complete sets which will be costly to do. 
    This was my thinking too, the individual records won't be sealed,  but the entire box will be, part of why I passed on it.  If there is something special about it, then good for the people who bought it.

i was planning on getting the empty box, but expected it to be like a Vault or whatever and it would be up for awhile and they would make to order.

oh well.  Kind of feels liberating to consciously pass on something though.   Haha
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    FR181798 said:
    So will my less 'fresh' individual orders sound worse on my turntable or better? :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,375

Kind of glad the box set and the empty box sold out - I was going back and forth on it, as all I really needed was Avocado, Riot Act, Binaural, and thought I'd pick up OG Ten as well. When I spend more than 30 minutes thinking about it, it probably wasn't meant to be. $166 for the 4 albums + the 6 reissues singles shipped...I can live with that. :)
    Is this really an OG Ten? 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    edited September 2017
    on2legs said:

since its a presale, i ASSume it is a repress of the original mix (not the 2009 o'brien mix) and not an 'og ten' in the sense it's existing stock of a pressing from way back when. i also ASSume it is a repress of the 2009 remaster, and not the original master. this is information that would be helpful to know definitively...
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    AndySlash said:
    on2legs said:

since its a presale, i ASSume it is a repress of the original mix (not the 2009 o'brien mix) and not an 'og ten' in the sense it's existing stock of a pressing from way back when. i also ASSume it is a repress of the 2009 remaster, and not the original master. this is information that would be helpful to know definitively...
    I kind of figured it might be a reissue of the 2009 remaster but with the original artwork.   I'm not sure how readily accessible the old school master is.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    marjen said:
    Yes, they are definitely done.  That was also the last tour that you will ever see, so hopefully you got to see them.  

The boards will be shut down soon.  

• sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    kramer73 said:
    marjen said:
    Yes, they are definitely done.  That was also the last tour that you will ever see, so hopefully you got to see them.  

The boards will be shut down soon.  

Careful there, sport.
    There are fanatics on this site that might just slash their wrists after reading your "fake news".
  • The bis sell off for OG records has begun!

I will be buying copies of Binaural very soon!
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    FR181798 said:
    So will my less 'fresh' individual orders sound worse on my turntable or better? :lol:
    The Binaural, Riot Act, Avocado and Ten will be the same new pressing. TBH there are so many pressings of the others now I've lost track of what sounds best. I can see why people bought it, it's easier buying a package. I just bought the box and will either fill it with reissues if I can get them cheap enough or just put my originals in it. What annoys me is that my Vs and Vitalogy reissues already have their own box so why buy them again. I have originals and a reissue so I don't need a third copy.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Horse2345 said:
    So the piece of paper is limited to 500! Lol
    Lol
    i wouldn't be surprised if these sets were hand numbered.
    I have all the originals so I bought the singles minus bushleager and an empty box.
    I buy these reissues from amazon or Ditch shipping is as much as my items and takes forever not really worth it unless it's limited.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717

Sweet I was hoping this would happen. Perfectly halt buying four albums and passing on the empty box and boxset. 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited September 2017
    The bis sell off for OG records has begun!

I will be buying copies of Binaural very soon!
    The only OG pressings that should be sold are those that are beat all to hell.
    Anyone getting rid of a nice 1st pressings for the reissues should think twice.