A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    JimmyV said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Jason P said:
    Did Tormund and Beric survive? 
    It would be weird for them to survive that battle only to go down that way.

I'm almost sure that they did for the very reason you describe. That said the part of the wall they were standing on was completely destroyed.
    Tormund has to have big babies with Brienne.  He can't die yet!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I am into the books and have avoided the show.... and tried my best to avoid spoilers... but it has been just an impossible struggle. I take a long time to read because I soak in every word.  I have read GoT like 4 times, CoK 3x, SoS 2x....  but, just being alive, I know the MAJOR plot themes and basics of who is alive in season 7 of the show... still have a ton to fill in between 3/4 through Feast for Crows to now....   So I ended up flipping the show on for the last half hour last night to see what happens in real time with everyone else.  

Thought it was pretty awesome.  
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Not really sure why that episode needed to be an hour and 20 minutes.  The whole big "reveal" scene with Bran and Sam about Jon Snow seemed silly since everyone had already figured out his true bloodline..
    But we didn't know his real name or get confirmation that he was a true heir to the throne.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Not really sure why that episode needed to be an hour and 20 minutes.  The whole big "reveal" scene with Bran and Sam about Jon Snow seemed silly since everyone had already figured out his true bloodline..
    Sam and Bran didn't know until they put all the pieces together.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Has no one learned what happens
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384

I thought the finale was pretty satisfying, but the whole ruse to trap Peter Baelish felt completely unnecessary.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    JK_Livin said:
    Sam and Bran didn't know until they put all the pieces together.

Oh yeah, I get that.  They had just made it so clear to the audience so when they figured it out it's not like it was a big shock or anything.  Pretty much I just hate everything with creepy ass Bran involved.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Tyrion watched Jon go into her bedroom from the hallway and you know Ser Jorah of the Friendzone was just offscreen, sobbing. :lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Jason P said:
    Yes...it showed them making a final leap to a safe part of the wall.
    DewieCox said:
    Jason P said:

I didn't catch that, but I assumed that they survived since they didn't specifically show them dying.
    DewieCox said:
    Jason P said:

I didn't catch that, but I assumed that they survived since they didn't specifically show them dying.
    I couldn't follow them once they were going down the stairs.

Interesting that Jamie wasn't wearing his armor in his last shot on screen.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JK_Livin said:
    DewieCox said:
    Jason P said:

Yeah, I think Jamie has finally realized his sister is crazy. Should be interesting if he warns Dany and Jon of her betrayal, that a war might be fought on two sides at the same time next season. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956

I thought the finale was pretty satisfying, but the whole ruse to trap Peter Baelish felt completely unnecessary.

Thought the same thing.
    Spent too much time this season on that storyline, when they had all the reason to kill him all along. 
    They knew about the knife and him betraying Ned, why set up the letter and let it play out for weeks? 
    Guess they wanted something to show other than just the dead the last couple episodes.

Still great finale and season, was just one thing they didnt need.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    mace1229 said:

I guess I didn't care either way.  They had to show what was going on in WinterFell...as nothing else was happening...why not show the sisters fucking with Littlefinger?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    JK_Livin said:
    DewieCox said:
    Jason P said:

Wearing Lannister armor going up north would be like wearing a Canadians sweater into a blue collar bar called "Smittys" in Boston.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    ^ I didnt say that....
    Stupid quote thingies.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    :D:DJason P said:
    JK_Livin said:
    DewieCox said:
    Jason P said:

Wearing Lannister armor going up north would be like wearing a Canadians sweater into a blue collar bar called "Smittys" in Boston.

I believe you mean Sully's.

:D

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Where the hell did Bronn and Pod get to? "Let's go for a drink..." then they were nowhere to be seen when everything kicked off?

Also, where was Gendry? We can't have lost him again?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    JimmyV said:
    mace1229 said:
    Could Cersi be about to team up with the White Walkers?

Is that why Bran sent for ravens immediately? 
    I have a hard time picturing Cersi teaming up with Jon or Dany. But how would teaming up with the Whites even be possible? Not like the Night King would just sit down for a meeting. Or was this a joke that I took seriously?
    I don't think teaming up with the White Walkers is a possibility. I do think pretending to enter into an alliance with Dany/Jon and then betraying them at the worst possible moment hoping the Walkers wipe out her enemies is.
    I meant it as a real possibility. Wethersfield it be as they have some sort of way to communicate or as JimmyV suggested, she turns her back on Dany and Jon to try to cost them the war. I just see no way she helps them. 
    Yup...
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    goldrush said:
    Where the hell did Bronn and Pod get to? "Let's go for a drink..." then they were nowhere to be seen when everything kicked off?

Apparently Bronn and Cersei used to date in real life and now they absolutely hate each other.  I guess it's to the point where they can't even be in the same room.  So they had to get Bronn out of there before Cersei arrived....pretty fucking childish.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10693120/Game-of-Thrones-stars-Lena-Headey-and-Jerome-Flynn-not-on-speaking-terms.html
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    goldrush said:

Apparently Bronn and Cersei used to date in real life and now they absolutely hate each other.  I guess it's to the point where they can't even be in the same room.  So they had to get Bronn out of there before Cersei arrived....pretty fucking childish.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10693120/Game-of-Thrones-stars-Lena-Headey-and-Jerome-Flynn-not-on-speaking-terms.html
    I knew they hated eachother and refused to work together, but I didn't mentally connect him not being there when she was because of this.  hahaha!  That is really dumb.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I thought that was awesome.  Fuck little finger, he dies!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Some people have pointed out that when the army of the dead marched through The Wall, the formed the outline of the Stark wolf sigil...
    Does this mean that theory about Bran being the Night King is going to come true?

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    It probably will now since, having no good material to go on, the showrunners are basically using fan theories on the internet to write the show. 

Still, I'm not seeing a wolf there. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I don't see how Bran can be the Night King. So he touched/marked himself while he was "seeing"?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin said:
    I don't see how Bran can be the Night King. So he touched/marked himself while he was "seeing"
    I'm not buying that theory either, it seems like too much of a stretch.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    JK_Livin said:
    I don't see how Bran can be the Night King. So he touched/marked himself while he was "seeing"
    I'm not buying that theory either, it seems like too much of a stretch.

Right there with you. Bran as the Night King has not been set up in the show. It might play out that way in the books but as of now doing it on the show would feel forced.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    dankind said:
    It probably will now since, having no good material to go on, the showrunners are basically using fan theories on the internet to write the show. 

Oh yeah, I bet the showrunners just go to reddit before they write the episodes.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:

Oh yeah, I bet the showrunners just go to reddit before they write the episodes.
    It certainly appears that way these past two seasons.

I'll read in Esquire about some fan theory that some dork(s) came up with on Reddit, and more often than not, I'll later see those theories play out later on the show. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

It certainly appears that way these past two seasons.

I'll read in Esquire about some fan theory that some dork(s) came up with on Reddit, and more often than not, I'll later see those theories play out later on the show. 
    Why would you believe them but not the poster above you questioning that theory?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer