Options

*** Mexico City 12/9 Fanviews Here

2»

Comments

• Options
    charlie74 wrote:
    To all the people outside Mexico that are reading this thread, please do not rush into any judgements about Mexican audience and journalism because of Patricia Peñaloza's note....... as in US and probably Europe we also have bad or biased journalists, I´m personally embarrased for this kind of comments. I was trying to look for the review in Monterrey's papers ( which is by far more objective and elocuent) and post it here but I think my maid already threw it away yikes!!!!!!

I thank the guy who wrote to the newspaper, and totally agree with him. If you are ignorant of a subject or theme please do not talk about it........do your homework and no cookies................ Animal great opener by the way....... and I also think that all 3 nights in Mexico have a very special emotion and connection between audience and band........

No worry! Any Pearl Jam fan who knows ANYTHING about this band knows the truth: The audiences throughout South America, and of course especially Mexico, are totally adoring these shows, and their reviews on these forums are all the proof you need.
    These shows have been among the best Pearl jam have ever performed, and they've played before some of the best audiences they've ever seen!
    That is the truth.
    End of discussion.
    There is NO ROOM for a dissenting opinion here, you 're just outnumbered by those who are the true fans.
    Thanks to all the fans south of the border for being a class act and treating this band the way they deserve to be treated!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    I tip my hat to all of the crowds at the South America shows and the Mexico shows. The energy you gave the band sounds amazing on the boots and I can't compliment all of you enough!!! The band seemed to REALLY feed off of all of you during the entire tour and I KNOW you, ALL OFF YOU, made them feel a feeling they haven't felt in a very long time. I have alot of boots, but again, I must say, even tho most of the songs us Americans have have heard a million times in concert, they are simply the best boots I have. They band feeding off of the crowd and vice versa!! South America and Mexico.......

CHEERS Amigos!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    NENENENE Posts: 3
    Blanki wrote:
    I was looking for the latest comments about the Mexico concert in the press and I found this:

"POR ALGUNA EXTRAÑA razón, Pearl Jam , icono del grunge noventero de Seattle, se ha enraizado de manera sobrada en México. No se sabe si a falta de que pudiera venir Nirvana , el público se vuelque sobre la banda que llegó a considerarse como el "segundo lugar". Y es que si bien el grupo comandado por Eddie Vedder ha tenido históricos momentos musicales, su reincidencia en los escenarios tiene ya poco de excitante, pues poco han aportado recientemente. Su fórmula se agotó desde hace quizá un lustro. Es una pena pero de pronto un concierto de este quinteto en México se halla más cercano al sentimiento anquilosado que despiertan los conciertos de Toto , Scorpions o The Eagles , dignos del nostálgico adulto contemporáneo. Pearl Jam se presenta en el Palacio de los Deportes hoy y mañana."

This is written by Patricia Peñaloza... please you mexican guys, could you tell me wtf is wrong with her???

See ya

Ella tiene razón, la formula se les acabo hace mas de un lustro, lo que no se puede negar es que han llegado a ser una banda de culto y comercial a la vez.
    Patricia no ha querido ser mezquina ni mucho menos, eso si me parece que exagera un poco compararlos con Toto o Scorpions, Pearl Jam esta por encima de ellos.
  • Options
    Im speechless, great show, great band and great audience, the crowd went nuts, nice to hear Alone and I Got Shit, just a little short but im very pleased with what i see, please come back soon, the mexican fans are truly amazing
    I shit and I stink, I'm new join the club...

07/17/03, 07/18/03, 07/19/03
  • Options
    IxcaIxca Posts: 1
    Pearl Jam no es una banda de Formula!!!! afirmar que lo es me hace pensar que lo concibes como musica simple y comercial. Pearl Jam es mucho mejor cada año lo comprobe los ultimos dos conciertos.
  • Options
    Some pics i took at the show.

http://plick88.com/PJ/Mexico2005/Mexico.html
  • Options
    gerasgeras Posts: 1
    NENE wrote:
    Ella tiene razón, la formula se les acabo hace mas de un lustro, lo que no se puede negar es que han llegado a ser una banda de culto y comercial a la vez.
    Patricia no ha querido ser mezquina ni mucho menos, eso si me parece que exagera un poco compararlos con Toto o Scorpions, Pearl Jam esta por encima de ellos.

celoso por que no vistaron perú? ;)
  • Options
    pikopiko Posts: 1
    The concert was truly amazing, even though I missed the first 9 songs thanks to the poor organization it had.

I arrived like an hour before the starting time printed at the ticket, and to my surprise, there was no parking spaces left, not in the Palacio de los Deportes, nor at anywhere near the venue. This was because of the great idea of the organizers of hosting an expo in the parking lot of the Palacio de los Deportes, so the parking spaces number was obviously reduced by the expo and its attendees.

Then, authorities closed some surrounding roads, and thanks to that, and the non existent help provided by the staff, I couldn’t find a parking space until two hours later.

Then, after running more than a mile and a half to get to my seat, I became aware that I had missed the first 9 songs, all of them great ones.

I paid a lot of money for that seats and I can’t describe the way I’m felling about this matter… its like being robbed and loosing something really valuable.

Its not fair that because of a couple of stupid organizers, I spent 2 hours driving around a venue, and ended missing one third of the concert I was looking for since two years ago.

About the concert and the band, I think previous posts have already described how it was. Hopefully, Pearl Jam has become conscious of how much we appreciate them around here, and what a great crowd we can be.
  • Options
    AnitaAnita Posts: 1
    Blanki wrote:
    I was looking for the latest comments about the Mexico concert in the press and I found this:

"POR ALGUNA EXTRAÑA razón, Pearl Jam , icono del grunge noventero de Seattle, se ha enraizado de manera sobrada en México. No se sabe si a falta de que pudiera venir Nirvana , el público se vuelque sobre la banda que llegó a considerarse como el "segundo lugar". Y es que si bien el grupo comandado por Eddie Vedder ha tenido históricos momentos musicales, su reincidencia en los escenarios tiene ya poco de excitante, pues poco han aportado recientemente. Su fórmula se agotó desde hace quizá un lustro. Es una pena pero de pronto un concierto de este quinteto en México se halla más cercano al sentimiento anquilosado que despiertan los conciertos de Toto , Scorpions o The Eagles , dignos del nostálgico adulto contemporáneo. Pearl Jam se presenta en el Palacio de los Deportes hoy y mañana."

This is written by Patricia Peñaloza... please you mexican guys, could you tell me wtf is wrong with her???

See ya

Que se podría esperar de Patricia Peñaloza quien es una pseudoescritora que sólo escribe pendejadas en una revista llamada "La Mosca"
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Anita wrote:
    Que se podría esperar de Patricia Peñaloza quien es una pseudoescritora que sólo escribe pendejadas en una revista llamada "La Mosca"

bien dicho, Anita!
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    EleoEleo Posts: 1
    Diciembre 12, 2005
    Durante dos horas y media Eddie Vedder interpretó los éxitos de la banda
    Ofrece Pearl Jam delirante concierto en el Palacio de los Deportes
    "¡Hermoso... magnífico!", respondió el cantante a la entrega de los asistentes
    Pearl Jam realizó su primer concierto en el Palacio de los Deportes, donde el público respondió de manera apabullante a la interpretación y carisma del vocalista Eddie Vedder
    La quintaesencia del sonido Seattle, que diera vida al rock más popular de los años 90, se dio cita la noche del viernes para convertir al Palacio de los Deportes en un templo de devoción hipnótica, cuando Pearl Jam arrojó durante dos horas y media sus probados éxitos, ejecutados de deslumbrante manera, para generar a su vez una de las audiencias más entregadas que dicho recinto haya conocido, luego de que a manera de homenaje, permitieran calentar el escenario a Mudhoney, banda que al sentar las bases del grunge, hizo posible la existencia de un género que cambió la vida de millones la década pasada.
    Visiblemente conmovida tras su primera visita a México en 2003, la banda central trajo un show mucho mejor armado, el cual implicó que su líder y vocalista Eddie Vedder se expresara casi en su totalidad en español, que apareciera el Hijo del Santo para levantarlo del suelo y que usara como pretexto el cumpleaños 102 de la abuela de su stage manager para pedir al público que cantara Las Mañanitas.
    La clave para que el público se mantuviera al borde de la sublimación exacerbada desde el primero hasta el último segundo del concierto, radicó en que el quinteto se fue a lo seguro con un repertorio de hits extraídos, en 80 por ciento, de sus tres primeros discos: Ten (1991), Vs (1993) y Vitalogy (1994). De sus álbumes Yield (1998), Riot Act (2002) y el Lost Dogs, de "lados B", tocaron algunos temas aislados; del No code (1996), sólo Lukin; del Binaural (2000), nada. Esto no les impidió interpretar su música de manera mucho más explosiva, certera y eufórica que en su visita anterior.
    Ahora no hubo ni un solo "bajón" de energía. Sin duda, el impecable vozarrón y el carisma entrañable de Vedder, quien se fue poniendo ebrio con varias botellas de vino, hasta casi no poder sostenerse en pie, aportan gran parte de la vitalidad de sus conciertos.
    Comenzó el remolino para no detenerse
    A las 21:30 horas, los altavoces hicieron sonar el éxito sesentero de J. Frank Wilson, The last kiss, en su versión en español; Por qué se fue, cantada por un tal Polo, y recientemente interpretada por Pearl Jam. El delirio comenzó cuando Vedder apareció haciendo los "oooooh, ooooh" finales. Las luces se apagaron y el remolino ya no se detuvo. Ni el más escéptico pudo dejar de sentir escalofrío ante una respuesta tan apabullante. A lo largo del recital no dejaría de impactar la precisión con la que 20 mil almas ejecutaban una misma acción cada vez, como si lo hubiesen ensayado: prender y apagar encendedores a un mismo ritmo, levantar los puños en puntos exactos, elevar palmas, entonar con mayor volumen un mismo trozo de letra... Tanta acción coordinada llegaba a lucir siniestra, alienada y aferrada a la adolescencia de los presentes, pero también conmovedora, fraternal. De momento, Vedder y su mal español recordaban al Papa, y el acto se sentía tan sacro como una misa.
    Así, instalados sin pudor en la nostalgia, tocaron 30 canciones; ente otras: Animal, Last Exit, Evenflow, Not for you, Once, Do the evolution, Given to fly, Rearview mirror, I am mine, Black, Corduroy, y por supuesto, Jeremy. Ahí estuvieron los requintos metaleros de Mike Mc Cready, tocados hasta por la espalda. La potencia de Matt Cameron, ex baterista de Soundgarden. Vedder con la voz cortada durante la danza de encendedores expresó: "¡Hermoso... magnífico... Es mejor de lo que recordaba!", para luego cantar It´s Ok en español: "Sabes que te quiero como ayer... todo está bien". Lagrimones en las butacas con la hermosa Better Man. El grito de "México, México" cuando alguien les arrojó playeras futboleras verdes y cada integrante se puso una. El homenaje punk cuando Arm y Turner se unieron para cantar Kick off the jam, de MC5. El momento político cuando, luego de que el Hijo del Santo lo levantó, Vedder dijera: "¡Por favor, pidamos ayuda al Santo para que nos libere de George W. Bush!"
    Aún con un concierto que brindar para ayer sábado, Pearl Jam eligió bien sus temas de despedida: Alive, para refrendar que a pesar de todo, canta Vedder, "I'm still alive" ("sigo vivo") y Yellow Ledbetter, cuya última frase, "I don't want to stay" (no me quiero quedar) fue cambiada por "I think we should stay" (creo que nos deberíamos quedar). Dando tumbos, Eddie se despidió prometiendo volver.
    Goodbye for now...
  • Options
    yermhoyermho Posts: 27
    geras wrote:
    celoso por que no vistaron perú? ;)

ellos van a venir a Perú el proximo año.
    .drop the hate
  • Options
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 151
    why you go, with your car, very bad decision

blame on you
    piko wrote:
    The concert was truly amazing, even though I missed the first 9 songs thanks to the poor organization it had.

I arrived like an hour before the starting time printed at the ticket, and to my surprise, there was no parking spaces left, not in the Palacio de los Deportes, nor at anywhere near the venue. This was because of the great idea of the organizers of hosting an expo in the parking lot of the Palacio de los Deportes, so the parking spaces number was obviously reduced by the expo and its attendees.

Then, authorities closed some surrounding roads, and thanks to that, and the non existent help provided by the staff, I couldn’t find a parking space until two hours later.

Then, after running more than a mile and a half to get to my seat, I became aware that I had missed the first 9 songs, all of them great ones.

I paid a lot of money for that seats and I can’t describe the way I’m felling about this matter… its like being robbed and loosing something really valuable.

Its not fair that because of a couple of stupid organizers, I spent 2 hours driving around a venue, and ended missing one third of the concert I was looking for since two years ago.

About the concert and the band, I think previous posts have already described how it was. Hopefully, Pearl Jam has become conscious of how much we appreciate them around here, and what a great crowd we can be.
    11.09.05 Kitchener
    22.11.05 Santiago
    23.11.05 Santiago
    11.06.08 West Palm Beach
  • Options
    I read the post from this mexican reporter, I really don't know what was she thinking, I believe she is to young to understand the meaning of PJ for the mexican fans, I believe she is not aware that we had to wait for almost 12 years to see PJ touching mexican soil.

It's extrange to read that se is comparing PJ with another rock bands with different style of music. PJ formula is not death, they are evolutioning, and every new record from them is different

Even to fly , greetings

See ya[/quote]
  • Options
    GlennGlenn Posts: 55
    ... And I got the chance to see them play !!!

here's my history...

I am from Costa Rica (Central America), not Puerto Rico, but Costa Rica... that being sayed, PJ will probably never come to my country, so I had to follow them as close to C.R. as possible... so I went to Mexico (I had some friends living there, so I didnt have to pay hotel). AActually, we were about 10-15 faans from Costa Rica.. but everybody in different sections

I bought my ticket back in october.. long wait until Dec 9 !!!

The day finally arrived!!! I went to el palacio de los deportes really early... and i got the chance to hear the sound check... about 45 minutes!!! then I realized that it was for real !!!! I was going to see the greatest band ever!!!

I bought 2 Official T-Shirts, and some stickers !!!

mudhoney played.. they rock too !!!

then they turned off the lights.... "last kiss" in spanish as background... and then... Eddie started singing in english and that was it!!! i got chills up and down my back !!!!!

during the 2 hrs and more I sang my lungs out!!! i jumped, i screamed, i had the best night in my life...!!!! they are amazing playing live... I knew it because I have a bunch of the bootlegs of their tour... but seeing, hearing and feeling the real deal, the vibe ... It was F*CKING GREAT as Eddie sayed that night!!!

I dont know about you guys, but that night.... I will hardly forget !!!

Glenn
    From Costa Rica....!!!!
    12-09-05 Mexico City
    11-20-11 San Jose, Costa Rica
  • Options
    ArdiArdi Posts: 1
    i went to both shows, i still remember them, the greatest time on my life. Thanks PJ!!!!; i have a lot of pictures and i know i cant attache them here, but i want to share those with all you guys, and i dont know how to do it. (sorry about my english). About the mexican reporter, dont worry about her, she just dont know what she´s toking about.
  • Options
    Glenn wrote:
    ... And I got the chance to see them play !!!

here's my history...

I am from Costa Rica (Central America), not Puerto Rico, but Costa Rica... that being sayed, PJ will probably never come to my country, so I had to follow them as close to C.R. as possible... so I went to Mexico (I had some friends living there, so I didnt have to pay hotel). AActually, we were about 10-15 faans from Costa Rica.. but everybody in different sections

I bought my ticket back in october.. long wait until Dec 9 !!!

The day finally arrived!!! I went to el palacio de los deportes really early... and i got the chance to hear the sound check... about 45 minutes!!! then I realized that it was for real !!!! I was going to see the greatest band ever!!!

I bought 2 Official T-Shirts, and some stickers !!!

mudhoney played.. they rock too !!!

then they turned off the lights.... "last kiss" in spanish as background... and then... Eddie started singing in english and that was it!!! i got chills up and down my back !!!!!

during the 2 hrs and more I sang my lungs out!!! i jumped, i screamed, i had the best night in my life...!!!! they are amazing playing live... I knew it because I have a bunch of the bootlegs of their tour... but seeing, hearing and feeling the real deal, the vibe ... It was F*CKING GREAT as Eddie sayed that night!!!

I dont know about you guys, but that night.... I will hardly forget !!!

Glenn
    From Costa Rica....!!!!

That's the spirit!! Love to all our fellow jammers from Costa Rica, i'm so glad you could come here.
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    Eleo wrote:
    Diciembre 12, 2005
    Durante dos horas y media Eddie Vedder interpretó los éxitos de la banda
    Ofrece Pearl Jam delirante concierto en el Palacio de los Deportes
    "¡Hermoso... magnífico!", respondió el cantante a la entrega de los asistentes
    Pearl Jam realizó su primer concierto en el Palacio de los Deportes, donde el público respondió de manera apabullante a la interpretación y carisma del vocalista Eddie Vedder
    La quintaesencia del sonido Seattle, que diera vida al rock más popular de los años 90, se dio cita la noche del viernes para convertir al Palacio de los Deportes en un templo de devoción hipnótica, cuando Pearl Jam arrojó durante dos horas y media sus probados éxitos, ejecutados de deslumbrante manera, para generar a su vez una de las audiencias más entregadas que dicho recinto haya conocido, luego de que a manera de homenaje, permitieran calentar el escenario a Mudhoney, banda que al sentar las bases del grunge, hizo posible la existencia de un género que cambió la vida de millones la década pasada.
    Visiblemente conmovida tras su primera visita a México en 2003, la banda central trajo un show mucho mejor armado, el cual implicó que su líder y vocalista Eddie Vedder se expresara casi en su totalidad en español, que apareciera el Hijo del Santo para levantarlo del suelo y que usara como pretexto el cumpleaños 102 de la abuela de su stage manager para pedir al público que cantara Las Mañanitas.
    La clave para que el público se mantuviera al borde de la sublimación exacerbada desde el primero hasta el último segundo del concierto, radicó en que el quinteto se fue a lo seguro con un repertorio de hits extraídos, en 80 por ciento, de sus tres primeros discos: Ten (1991), Vs (1993) y Vitalogy (1994). De sus álbumes Yield (1998), Riot Act (2002) y el Lost Dogs, de "lados B", tocaron algunos temas aislados; del No code (1996), sólo Lukin; del Binaural (2000), nada. Esto no les impidió interpretar su música de manera mucho más explosiva, certera y eufórica que en su visita anterior.
    Ahora no hubo ni un solo "bajón" de energía. Sin duda, el impecable vozarrón y el carisma entrañable de Vedder, quien se fue poniendo ebrio con varias botellas de vino, hasta casi no poder sostenerse en pie, aportan gran parte de la vitalidad de sus conciertos.
    Comenzó el remolino para no detenerse
    A las 21:30 horas, los altavoces hicieron sonar el éxito sesentero de J. Frank Wilson, The last kiss, en su versión en español; Por qué se fue, cantada por un tal Polo, y recientemente interpretada por Pearl Jam. El delirio comenzó cuando Vedder apareció haciendo los "oooooh, ooooh" finales. Las luces se apagaron y el remolino ya no se detuvo. Ni el más escéptico pudo dejar de sentir escalofrío ante una respuesta tan apabullante. A lo largo del recital no dejaría de impactar la precisión con la que 20 mil almas ejecutaban una misma acción cada vez, como si lo hubiesen ensayado: prender y apagar encendedores a un mismo ritmo, levantar los puños en puntos exactos, elevar palmas, entonar con mayor volumen un mismo trozo de letra... Tanta acción coordinada llegaba a lucir siniestra, alienada y aferrada a la adolescencia de los presentes, pero también conmovedora, fraternal. De momento, Vedder y su mal español recordaban al Papa, y el acto se sentía tan sacro como una misa.
    Así, instalados sin pudor en la nostalgia, tocaron 30 canciones; ente otras: Animal, Last Exit, Evenflow, Not for you, Once, Do the evolution, Given to fly, Rearview mirror, I am mine, Black, Corduroy, y por supuesto, Jeremy. Ahí estuvieron los requintos metaleros de Mike Mc Cready, tocados hasta por la espalda. La potencia de Matt Cameron, ex baterista de Soundgarden. Vedder con la voz cortada durante la danza de encendedores expresó: "¡Hermoso... magnífico... Es mejor de lo que recordaba!", para luego cantar It´s Ok en español: "Sabes que te quiero como ayer... todo está bien". Lagrimones en las butacas con la hermosa Better Man. El grito de "México, México" cuando alguien les arrojó playeras futboleras verdes y cada integrante se puso una. El homenaje punk cuando Arm y Turner se unieron para cantar Kick off the jam, de MC5. El momento político cuando, luego de que el Hijo del Santo lo levantó, Vedder dijera: "¡Por favor, pidamos ayuda al Santo para que nos libere de George W. Bush!"
    Aún con un concierto que brindar para ayer sábado, Pearl Jam eligió bien sus temas de despedida: Alive, para refrendar que a pesar de todo, canta Vedder, "I'm still alive" ("sigo vivo") y Yellow Ledbetter, cuya última frase, "I don't want to stay" (no me quiero quedar) fue cambiada por "I think we should stay" (creo que nos deberíamos quedar). Dando tumbos, Eddie se despidió prometiendo volver.

This review was writed by the criticized Patrica Peñaloza too.