A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Could Cersi be about to team up with the White Walkers?

Is that why Bran sent for ravens immediately? 
    I have a hard time picturing Cersi teaming up with Jon or Dany. But how would teaming up with the Whites even be possible? Not like the Night King would just sit down for a meeting. Or was this a joke that I took seriously?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    mace1229 said:

I have a hard time picturing Cersi teaming up with Jon or Dany. But how would teaming up with the Whites even be possible? Not like the Night King would just sit down for a meeting. Or was this a joke that I took seriously?
    I don't think teaming up with the White Walkers is a possibility. I do think pretending to enter into an alliance with Dany/Jon and then betraying them at the worst possible moment hoping the Walkers wipe out her enemies is.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Note to self:  Don't throw rocks at the army of the dead

Note to self #2:  Don't try to kidnap an army of the dead soldier

Note to self #3:  Do the exact opposite of whatever idea Jon Snow comes up with
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    JimmyV said:
    mace1229 said:

I don't think teaming up with the White Walkers is a possibility. I do think pretending to enter into an alliance with Dany/Jon and then betraying them at the worst possible moment hoping the Walkers wipe out her enemies is.
    I meant it as a real possibility. Wethersfield it be as they have some sort of way to communicate or as JimmyV suggested, she turns her back on Dany and Jon to try to cost them the war. I just see no way she helps them. 

I also had the same exact thoughts as F me had above regarding the chains. I feel like at some point we are going to find put who the Night King was before he died. That is based on nothing other than my curiosity. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383

WTF didn't the other dragon turn on the White King and spit fire on them the second he took down the first dragon? The fact that he didn't makes about as much sense as the King of the North going north of the wall to capture a 'living' wight.

With so many plot holes, it's getting a bit tough to stomach. As many have mentioned, the execution is phenomenal, and it's still one of the best shows on TV IMO, but it's getting ridiculous.

Arya's standing as one of my favorite characters has taken a major hit these last two episodes.

The Hound's standing as one of my favorites has only been reinforced.

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    How many dragons were at the battle? I think there were only 2.  Did we ever see all 3 in one shot? There was only one dragon flying around when Dany was waiting for Jon on the wall.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I thought there were 3, but am not sure.  Rhaegal is going to be ridden by Jon Snow at some point, right?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    JK_Livin said:
    How many dragons were at the battle? I think there were only 2.  Did we ever see all 3 in one shot? There was only one dragon flying around when Dany was waiting for Jon on the wall.
    All three. One was on the ground picking people up, one got shot down, and the third followed it down as it crashed.

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    I thought there were 3, but am not sure.  Rhaegal is going to be ridden by Jon Snow at some point, right?
    Yeah, surely Jon has to ride Rhaegal. It's named after his father after all.
    Viserion (ice dragon) was named after Dany's evil a-hole of a brother Viserion so it's quite fitting that she's probably going to have to use Drogon (named afetr Khal Drogo) to kill it.  

I didn't have a problem with the 'plot holes' this week (although if the Night King could take down a dragon at that distance why didn't he just launch arrows at Jon's crew when they were stranded?). However it was strange that Jon nominated Gendry to run back to the wall "because you're the fastest". How did he know that? They just met yesterday!

Arya is getting annoying now, although I'm still hoping that she takes out Littlefinger in Ep 7 to make up for it.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    Yeah, surely Jon has to ride Rhaegal. It's named after his father after all.
    Viserion (ice dragon) was named after Dany's evil a-hole of a brother Viserion so it's quite fitting that she's probably going to have to use Drogon (named afetr Khal Drogo) to kill it.  

I didn't have a problem with the 'plot holes' this week (although if the Night King could take down a dragon at that distance why didn't he just launch arrows at Jon's crew when they were stranded?). However it was strange that Jon nominated Gendry to run back to the wall "because you're the fastest". How did he know that? They just met yesterday!

Arya is getting annoying now, although I'm still hoping that she takes out Littlefinger in Ep 7 to make up for it.
    I think he looked at the rest of the schlubs in the group and just assumed Gendry was the fasted.  They should have brought raven's with them.
    Cool special effects video of the frozen lake battle.  They must have spent a fortune shooting that scene ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx9dRL1BCCQ
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Plus side is when the dead dragon kills any of the living they'll already be burned and cant be raised again. Its not so bad.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    It's absolutely incredible the time, effort, money, etc. etc. etc. that goes in to making this show!
    Next weeks episode is 80min. Do you think the Night King threw the spear at the other dragon because he knows Jon has a dragonglass sword and could've possibly destroyed the spear with it if thrown near Drogon? 
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    John Snow strikes one walker and 6 others fall.  That opens up a whole bunch of questions.

How does the Night King have such an awesome javelin arm that takes out a dragon when the Vilarian steel bolt just barely punctured the dragons skin?

Brianne and the redheaded wildling Tormund had better hook up "I want to make babies with her, big babies", lol

That exchange between the Hound and him are hysterical!

Wayyyyyyyy too much anger between Sansa and Arya.

I do think that Dynaeries will be able to have babies with John and his dragon semen.
    DEAD POOL TIME - You know someone major is going to be pushing daisies 

I'm taking Ghost (who we haven't seen all season but is lurking in Winterfell) killing Littlefinger
    Jason P said:

I'm taking Ghost (who we haven't seen all season but is lurking in Winterfell) killing Littlefinger
    I think Bran was going to reveal some shit about littlefinger soon enough and THEN he gets killed.
    Last season ended with the awesome shot of Daenarys and her army finally crossing the narrow sea. It was a hopeful moment. I think this season ends much darker and on a cliffhanger.

Jason P said:

I think Bran was going to reveal some shit about littlefinger soon enough and THEN he gets killed.
    Speaking of Bran, he could be a big help considering he can see the future but instead chooses to act like Lydia from Beetlejuice
    Jason P said:

He did say he needs to talk to Jon about 3 episodes ago.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    I wonder if the meeting will be at the beginning or the end of the episode.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Jason P said:

I'm still hoping for Arya to take Littlefinger out, preferably with the dagger that he gave Bran.
    She can then use his face and could really stir some shit up!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    John Snow strikes one walker and 6 others fall.  That opens up a whole bunch of questions.

How does the Night King have such an awesome javelin arm that takes out a dragon when the Vilarian steel bolt just barely punctured the dragons skin?

Brianne and the redheaded wildling Tormund had better hook up "I want to make babies with her, big babies", lol

That exchange between the Hound and him are hysterical!

Wayyyyyyyy too much anger between Sansa and Arya.

I do think that Dynaeries will be able to have babies with John and his dragon semen.
    I don't remember them saying the "scorpion" bolt was made of Vilarian steel.  
    That said, I do believe there was some magic in the speer.  Didn't it pierce the dragon but also burst into flames?  It looked like that dragon bled a lot from it too.

I think Arya is setting up the whole thing.  I believe she is playing naive and also playing Littlefinger at the same time.  All Littlefinger knows of Arya is that she's a skilled fighter who has come back and has the ear of the Lady of the North while Jon's away.  I feel Arya, who's a trained assassin with a 6th sense, who knows how to not been seen.  She wanted Littlefinger to see her enter his chambers.  I don't think she necessarily distrusts Sansa, but wants Littlefinger to play his hand...whatever that may be.
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

Speaking of Bran, he could be a big help considering he can see the future but instead chooses to act like Lydia from Beetlejuice
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

I thought Bran can only see the past and the present?
    JK_Livin said:
    I wonder if the meeting will be at the beginning or the end of the episode.
    I'm guessing early to mid episode.
    mca47 said:
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

He became all powerful and can see the future too.
    mca47 said:
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

He became all powerful and can see the future too.
    When has that ability been seen thus far?  I only remember him seeing in the past (obviously) and the current.
    The only "future" visions in this show I thought were from Dany when she was in that weird temple thing.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I love seeing the current.  ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    'sup, nerds?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11