Turn your manual turntable into an automatic for $50, without compromising sound quality

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
edited August 2017 in Musicians and Gearheads
I personally have an automatic, because I REALLY like to have the tonearm lift at the end of the record. But decent auto TTs are almost impossible to find. Most are manual. I just found this fantastic little gizmo at needledoctor! The Q Up Automatic Tonearm lift. Just install it onto any manual TT with a pivoting tonearm and it lifts your tonearm at the end of a record! No tools required for installation and no impact on play. I thought some of you might be interested. :)  Note the details/other requirements:

http://www.needledoctor.com/The-QUP

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Post edited by PJ_Soul on

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Whoa
    www.cluthelee.com
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    This is a great idea, but strange that you must modify it to work on the Debut Carbon, considering that it is a really popular turntable.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2017
    This is a great idea, but strange that you must modify it to work on the Debut Carbon, considering that it is a really popular turntable.
    I have to assume it's because they made it to work with the maximum number of different brands and Debut Carbon is the one that's off the "standard".
    At least the adjustment is pretty easy to do! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Has anyone here tried this on an Audio-Technica? Specifically, the LP120?