Let's Play Two Vinyl, CD/DVD, Blu-ray, Slipmats & Stickers

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited August 2017
    I actually like this tracklist a lot. 

Small Town and Jeremy are going to be killer (2 of my top 5 PJ tunes)

inside job, crazy mary, Ive got a feeling, BRY with Rodman.  

Really nice mix of their best tunes and rare ones
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    pjhawks said:
    why would people buy the cd that has less songs than the full bootlegs? packaging?
    Yeah, i'll be just buying the full Bootleg.
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    Enzed said:
    Ha.  Just preordered the AIC "Live Facelift" red vinyl variant w/ poster.  $10 postage.

Not $30+
    And that's for 2 shipments. Vinyl and poster ship separately. 
  • stevedsteved Posts: 651

I am pleased they did not go straight greatest hits.. I guess I knew going in my expectations were super high, and I would probably be somewhat let down if my handwritten submission was not adhered to.. lol

I am one of the few who watches music as much as listens to it. I know that seems strange to many people. It brings me back to the place and times with all of my senses. Visually I am back at the shows reliving my experiences. There is such a shortage of, not high quality, but the highest quality footage out there. So when these rare opportunities of official releases come around so infrequently I get very excited. It would be nice to have a single concert from this band uncut that they have released themselves in the past 14 years on high quality video.
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    edited August 2017
    Agreed on bonus tracks on a longer cut of the film. McCready tearing apart his guitar on night 1's Masters of War was phenominal. I wonder if some tracks just don't feel right in the flow of two shows merged together and cut down for the film format.
    edited August 2017
    tschav said:
    Agreed on bonus tracks on a longer cut of the film. McCready tearing apart his guitar on night 1's Masters of War was phenominal. I wonder if some tracks just don't feel right in the flow of two shows merged together and cut down for the film format.
    If they could put BRY, Black, Corduroy in the beginning of the set And make that flow where they would never play Black in a show early like that these days, I am sure they could add bonus tracks.. lol
    Post edited by steved on
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• I like it too. Agree that Sad, Waves, ID, Immortality and Man of the Hour were standouts. That's not to mention Masters of War and Miracles (which kinda seems it would fit the theme). Thankful we'll get the full boots. And the listing they settled on is absolutely stellar! 

So many special moments to relive from these shows. Light Years and the Hip dedication, Gleason... the list goes on. The one I don't hear mentioned much is introduction and dedication before Sad, which was a heavy moment. Could really feel all the "ghosts" in the audience with us that night. 
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993

I absolutely love Small Town, but didn't Ed flub it at Wrigley 1? And they didn't play it at Wrigley 2. I'm surprised it was included.
  • TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Shipping costs to Australia is $30.99... fuck that. I'll wait for local release form the record store. Nothing looks like it will be a limited release initially, so I'm sure I'll get one for a combined cost of $50AUD here in Australia, not $82AUD. Postage is fucking crazy these days! Makes buying pre-orders from the US nearly impossible. Plus, not being able to balance it out with a couple other items to share postage costs... meh. Whinge over. Vault #7 would cost me $120AUD. Crazy, I tell ya! 
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    Will this be 10c only?
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    edited August 2017
    Wrigley 2013???
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    edited August 2017
    tschav said:
    I can't believe they left Masters of War off the vinyl release. And Of The Earth. Those were the two songs I was hoping for the most. Oh well. Still an awesome release that I can't wait to spin. Glad we get the official boots with the full shows in November. 
  • palm0014palm0014 Ottawa, ON Posts: 52
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    why would people buy the cd that has less songs than the full bootlegs? packaging?
    Yeah, i'll be just buying the full Bootleg.
    In the trailer for the film, there is a shot of the band playing on a rooftop.  I'm wondering if the soundtrack is going to have one or two tracks from that instead of the actual concert (like Betterman live from rooftop). i was leaning towards getting the full boots until I thought of this.
    Sarava said:

I absolutely love Small Town, but didn't Ed flub it at Wrigley 1? And they didn't play it at Wrigley 2. I'm surprised it was included.
    Maybe they fixed it.  Didnt they edit and cut and paste stuff mid-song for Live on Ten Legs?
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    edited August 2017
    I think a lot of people aren't realizing it's a soundtrack first and foremost. So yeah there are definitely killer songs missing, but they may not have been right for the film, in certain scenes, etc. And I think that's why they're releasing the full boots. Let's be honest, where do songs like Immortality and Masters of War fit in in a documentary about the Cubs World Series season?
    Post edited by mschostok on
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
    mschostok said:
    I think a lot of people aren't realizing it's a soundtrack first and foremost. So yeah there are definitely killer songs missing, but they may not have been right for the film, in certain scenes, etc. And I think that's why they're releasing the full boots. Let's be honest, where do songs like Immortality and Masters of War fit in in a documentary about the Cubs World Series season?
    Point taken... however if we are getting deep about lyrical content Black, Jeremy, Crazy Mary, and others are not in the spirit of triumph or perseverance lol! Just saying!!!

If you think of cornice or other films like this it is documenatry type footage and then cut to live footage. The live footage or song does not need to lyrically correspond to the tone of the season of Cubs victory.

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    edited August 2017
    anyone else kind of wish this was just a straight up concert film?  I'm not complaining though.
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    Wrigley 2013???
    Locked safely in the vault I assume at this point.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    mschostok said:
    Oh i completely get it.  And it mustve been a hell of a task narrowing/editing this thing.  Im coming from a selfish standpoint for sure that I don't really need another version of Jeremy or Small Town and would've preferred my personal highlights of wrigley (OTE & Masters).

Either way, Im still very excited about the film and the vinyl!  Most people probably want Jeremy over my favorites and I totally get that.  Looking forward to Oct 3rd at the Tivoli in STL!! 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    I'm not ordering nothing..i'll wait for this when it comes to my country..i'm interesting only for the boots..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    mr bungle said:
    anyone else kind of wish this was just a straight up concert film?  I'm not complaining though.

ME. this is cool but a complete uncut show on bluray would excite me 10x more than this. 

steved said:

I am pleased they did not go straight greatest hits.. I guess I knew going in my expectations were super high, and I would probably be somewhat let down if my handwritten submission was not adhered to.. lol

I am one of the few who watches music as much as listens to it. I know that seems strange to many people. It brings me back to the place and times with all of my senses. Visually I am back at the shows reliving my experiences. There is such a shortage of, not high quality, but the highest quality footage out there. So when these rare opportunities of official releases come around so infrequently I get very excited. It would be nice to have a single concert from this band uncut that they have released themselves in the past 14 years on high quality video.

i got a man cave, 70 inch tv, surround sound, and on saturday nights i love having some beers and watching music concerts or videos on dvd or on youtube. i actually dont have much interest in listening to the audio boots anymore. when they first came out from the 2000 tour i bought them all and listened to every show. now its like ahhh ive heard all these songs thousands of times, i dont need to hear alive from st louis. but watching them in great quality is a different story. those shows from better than nothing videos are amazing, i watch them alot. if they released an uncut bluray of wrigley id watch that all the time, this documentary ill watch a couple times but certainly wont wear it out like i wore out live at the garden. the italy dvd i havent watched in like 5 years. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    edited August 2017
    mrpink90 said:

steved said:

i got a man cave, 70 inch tv, surround sound, and on saturday nights i love having some beers and watching music concerts or videos on dvd or on youtube. i actually dont have much interest in listening to the audio boots anymore. when they first came out from the 2000 tour i bought them all and listened to every show. now its like ahhh ive heard all these songs thousands of times, i dont need to hear alive from st louis. but watching them in great quality is a different story. those shows from better than nothing videos are amazing, i watch them alot. if they released an uncut bluray of wrigley id watch that all the time, this documentary ill watch a couple times but certainly wont wear it out like i wore out live at the garden. the italy dvd i havent watched in like 5 years. 
    Thanks for the love... we aim to please..  .
    mrussel1 said:
    mrpink90 said:

steved said:

Thanks for the love... we aim to please..  .

you guys rock!
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    tschav said:

it's gonna be a shame of we don't get this in High Defintion.

that version of M.O.W was a highlight of both nights to me

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Blu-ray is definitely happening.  They released two of them 6 yrs ago.  No way they just stick to dvd this time around. 

Its always a delight to watch live PJ in HD on the Panasonic Plasma.  That's one of the things that made me buy this thing a few years ago!
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Regarding availablity of the vinyl from places outside of 10C.

I stopped by a local record shop to inquire if they would be getting any copies of "Let's Play 2."  I was informed that it was not listed as available for order through any of their distributors as of today. 
  • DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    Enzed said:
    Ha.  Just preordered the AIC "Live Facelift" red vinyl variant w/ poster.  $10 postage.

Not $30+

Thanks for casually mentioning this... couldn't find one last year! 
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    So the vinyl will be 10c only? Int. Shipping is so expensive. I need an answer before I order. 
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    mrpink90 said:

steved said:

I do this with my girlfriend on Monday nights. I call it Music Monday.