A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    JK_Livin said:
    mca47 said:
    Enkidu said:
    I thought last night was great - Jon and the dragon.  I got my Tyrion/Jaime scene.  And WTF - Cersei is pregnant?  Pius she gets crazier every week.  
    I wonder if she's lying.  Jaime has been questioning a lot of what she's been doing and she seemed to use her "pregnancy" as a means to divert the conversation.
    I didn't notice, was she drinking wine? I don't think their wine labels come with warnings about not drinking while pregnant.
    Wine! Wine! The goose drank wine.
    And the monkey chewed tobacco by the streetcar line.
    The line broke.
    The monkey got choked.
    And they all went to heaven in a little rowboat.
    UB40, sup?
    UB40? :sick:

https://youtu.be/SWJvohfCCdk
    Never heard that before.  UB40 has some of the same lyrics.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    It's an old double dutch skiprope nursery rhyme type of thing. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Could Cersi be about to team up with the White Walkers?

Is that why Bran sent for ravens immediately? 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    So many spoilers floating around for Sunday. Be warned. They are out there.

Really wish I could go back and unsee what I've seen.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    JimmyV said:

Same here. A friend tagged me in a comment on Facebook; it included a photo I really wish I hadn't seen.

Still not sure if it was an 'accidental' leak by HBO, or if it was done on purpose. Every time something has leaked this season, the episode has gone onto break viewing records. Genius marketing because everybody is talking about it, or genuine mistake?...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I hope Big Red doesn't die out there. We haven't seen him get it on with Lady Brienne yet.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Shut it! No leakers here please.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Shut it yourself. My post was a warning and I leaked nothing.

I hope Big Red doesn't die out there. We haven't seen him get it on with Lady Brienne yet.
    This is funny!
    This is funny!
    Yeah it is! Every scene with the two of them has been gold.

JimmyV said:
    JK_Livin said:

Shut it yourself. My post was a warning and I leaked nothing.
    Let me rephrase, no leakers of warnings about leakers!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    JimmyV said:

Same here.  HBO needs to get their shit together.
    Doesn't bother me. 

Since most television and film plots are basic linear narratives, I watch for execution, not what happens.

Most of the acting and production values (costumes, set pieces, sound design, music, etc.) have remained top notch, but the writing and directing have been dreadful these past two seasons.

I usually read the recaps before I even watch.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Doesn't bother me. 

Since most television and film plots are basic linear narratives, I watch for execution, not what happens.

Most of the acting and production values (costumes, set pieces, sound design, music, etc.) have remained top notch, but the writing and directing have been dreadful these past two seasons.

Isn't the show the exact adaptation of the books?  If so there really can't be any leaks then right?
    dankind said:
    Doesn't bother me. 

Isn't the show the exact adaptation of the books?  If so there really can't be any leaks then right?
    Not anymore. They ran out of material and basically let fanboys take over the plot.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Doesn't bother me. 

Not anymore. They ran out of material and basically let fanboys take over the plot.
    Seriously?  I didn't know that.
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Doesn't bother me. 

The show is proceeding under the same two showrunners who originally developed it for TV. It has not been taken over by "fanboys."

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    JimmyV said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Doesn't bother me. 

The show is proceeding under the same two showrunners who originally developed it for TV. It has not been taken over by "fanboys."

Yep.  It's Benioff and Weiss that have been running the show since the beginning and who have written a majority of the episodes.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    JimmyV said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Doesn't bother me. 

Nope, its just book readers are getting all butt hurt that the show is ruining all the good stuff for the them.

I keep reading all these gripes about how they're rushing through. I just don't see it. Do people really want to waste episodes with people wandering around picking up a few trivial details, when there are 8 episodes left in the whole run. They're down to about 3 story lines that are crossing over more and more each passing week, instead of expanding and spreading all the character out into separate story lines. And when they had too many story lines to cover people complained that they didn't see certain characters enough and/or couldn't keep them straight.

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    JimmyV said:
    This is funny!
    I'll just say this about episode 6, Tormund is at the top of his comedic game.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    DewieCox said:
    JimmyV said:
    This is funny!
    I'll just say this about episode 6, Tormund is at the top of his comedic game.
    Which queen needs convincing, the one with dragons or the one that fucks her brother?
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Wanted to avoid spoilers all w'end so watched Ep 6 last night.
     Holy shit I'm glad I did!!!!!
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    That was ONE HUGE BLUE EYE !!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    I thought it was predictable in a few spots and they had additional moments of really questionable inclusions (this time I found the dead army having huge chains with them to use to retrieve the Huge Blue Eye from the water to be laughable) but overall I thought there was some badass stuff. 
    I know from the books that the Dragon riders often bred within their families but I was happy to see Dany resist the urge to sit on Jon Snow's face.
    The Tormund / Hound dialogue was awesome.
    Only 1 episode left for now?  Bummmer!
    Action was awesome as was the character interaction, but the sledgehammer of plot was on full display these last two weeks. In episode 5 they come up with this ridiculous plan to capture a white and use it to convince Cersei to...team up with them? Makes no sense. Then last night we learn the whole thing was a contrivance to get the Night King a dragon. That is sledgehammer of plot.

Also, while you can play pond hockey anywhere in the northeast in February, you can't walk across a lake above the wall in Winter. And don't bring any more than a dagger or two of the dragon glass you've been mining for weeks.

Like I said, I liked the action and character stuff but definite mixed feelings on the rest.

JimmyV said:
    Action was awesome as was the character interaction, but the sledgehammer of plot was on full display these last two weeks. In episode 5 they come up with this ridiculous plan to capture a white and use it to convince Cersei to...team up with them? Makes no sense. Then last night we learn the whole thing was a contrivance to get the Night King a dragon. That is sledgehammer of plot.

Also, while you can play pond hockey anywhere in the northeast in February, you can't walk across a lake above the wall in Winter. And don't bring any more than a dagger or two of the dragon glass you've been mining for weeks.

Like I said, I liked the action and character stuff but definite mixed feelings on the rest.
    I bet George R. R. Martin wishes that he could take a Smithee on these past two seasons. Probably has a gag order from HBO. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Doesn't bother me. 

So untrue its comical 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    edited August 2017

dankind said:
    JimmyV said:

I bet George R. R. Martin wishes that he could take a Smithee on these past two seasons. Probably has a gag order from HBO. 
    Zero pity from me. He took the money, he knew what he was getting into. Finish a damn book, George.

Exactly. Finish the book(s).
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Doesn't bother me. 

Its true the books ended with season 5 I believe. But isnt Martin one of the lead producers? I imagine it hasnt strayed far from his vision if that is the case.