A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    JK_Livin said:
    So.  Bran can see "everything".  He undoubtedly sees what Littlefinger is planning and up to so when does he reveal his plan?  Or is he like a "watcher" and can't intervene?

And now Jorah is healthy!  Will he hook up with Khalissi?
    Can he see the future or only the past and present? One of Bronn, Jaime or Lord Tarley must not make it out of that battle. Fucking Theon.
    Jamie will be fine - Gendry is going to save him! He's been paddling around in his little boat for years now, perfect time for him to make himself useful :)

Seriously though, they surely can't give Jamie such a lame death, can they? Save him from the dragon only for his armour to weigh him down and drown him? He's still my number one choice to kill Cersei...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    So.  Bran can see "everything".  He undoubtedly sees what Littlefinger is planning and up to so when does he reveal his plan?  Or is he like a "watcher" and can't intervene?

I bet Jorah plays a part in convincing the Golden Company to either fight for them or not to fight for Cersie.
    Can you imagine, if Jorah and a 10,000 man army of elite sellswords comes rolling in to Dragonstone?  That would make her happy for sure!
    goldrush said:
    JK_Livin said:

Can he see the future or only the past and present? One of Bronn, Jaime or Lord Tarley must not make it out of that battle. Fucking Theon.
    Jamie will be fine - Gendry is going to save him! He's been paddling around in his little boat for years now, perfect time for him to make himself useful :)

Seriously though, they surely can't give Jamie such a lame death, can they? Save him from the dragon only for his armour to weigh him down and drown him? He's still my number one choice to kill Cersei...

What I thought was weird about the scene where Jaime charged Dany and apparently saved by Bronn by pushing him off his horse and into the water...after this happens it shows them avoiding the flames by being submerged in deep water and it showed Jaime sinking.
    Seconds before this happened, Jaime, on his horse was running through that very stream in only maybe 5-6 inches of water.  The next thing you know, they are in what appears to be a deep lake.
    Maybe I need to see that scene again...
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I don't think Jorah will hook up with Kahalesi, but I see him saving her life or mission while losing his own life. 

As for Bran, I would speculate that he can only see what happened or is happening. That said, he will some how sew what Littlefinger is up to amd position Arya to do what needs done. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588

mca47 said:

I bet Jorah plays a part in convincing the Golden Company to either fight for them or not to fight for Cersie.
    Can you imagine, if Jorah and a 10,000 man army of elite sellswords comes rolling in to Dragonstone?  That would make her happy for sure!
    Young Griff?  Hah!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    mca47 said:
    goldrush said:
    JK_Livin said:

What I thought was weird about the scene where Jaime charged Dany and apparently saved by Bronn by pushing him off his horse and into the water...after this happens it shows them avoiding the flames by being submerged in deep water and it showed Jaime sinking.
    Seconds before this happened, Jaime, on his horse was running through that very stream in only maybe 5-6 inches of water.  The next thing you know, they are in what appears to be a deep lake.
    Yes, that turned out to be an awfully deep lake.  The Abyss.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    mca47 said:
    goldrush said:
    JK_Livin said:

Yes that was a bit strange. I think it was done to explain away the Dragon not just burning them when they come up for air or, at the very least, not being captured. I think the next time we see Jaime he will be somewhere downstream.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    mca47 said:
    goldrush said:
    JK_Livin said:

Yes that was a bit strange. I think it was done to explain away the Dragon not just burning them when they come up for air or, at the very least, not being captured. I think the next time we see Jaime he will be somewhere downstream.
    It was a cool scene for sure, just seemed odd.
    Come up for a breath of air and you have Drogon looking at ya'!  hahahaha
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    Jaime is such an interesting character (more in the books than the series).  You hate him so much in the beginning, but as you follow his journey he's more conflicted and pissed at his sister - his relationship with Brienne (in the books) was really really cool.  I kind of hate him, but I kind of root for him, too.  Maybe a nice scene with Tyrion in the end?  Maybe he'll kill himself to sacrifice Tyrion.  ???  
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Still never watched an episode of this in my life. 
    And here you are. 

=) 
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Enkidu said:
    Jaime is such an interesting character (more in the books than the series).  You hate him so much in the beginning, but as you follow his journey he's more conflicted and pissed at his sister - his relationship with Brienne (in the books) was really really cool.  I kind of hate him, but I kind of root for him, too.  Maybe a nice scene with Tyrion in the end?  Maybe he'll kill himself to sacrifice Tyrion.  ???  
    I agree with some of the others in the theory that he kills his C U Next Tuesday of a sister.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Enkidu said:
    I agree with some of the others in the theory that he kills his C U Next Tuesday of a sister.
    I think he kills Cersei, becoming the Queen Slayer, and then dies himself in a blaze of glory.

Also, we are supposed to feel conflicted about Jaime from the very beginning. He's a cocky prick when we first meet him and he pushes Bran out the window. But in the same episode he also shows clear kindness to and affection for his brother. We soon learn that he is the only Lannister who does. That is part of Jaime's character from day 1.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    I bet Dany and her army end up capturing Jaime and Bronn.  The Jaime, Tyrion reunion is going to be great and I bet Dany really starts questioning Tyrion's loyalty.  She's far better off keeping them as prisoners than simply killing them.  Send a dragon to Kings Landing with it dragging a flyer like they do with planes that reads "Hey bitch, we got your brother...he was captured in battle...again!  Oh, and isn't this dragon pretty cool?!"

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Still never watched an episode of this in my life. 
    That's actually good.  If you have any interest at all I would suggest that you wait for the last season to start running.

Start binge watching about 3 weeks before the final episode and then watch the last episode in real time.  

I did this with Breaking Bad and it was fucking awesome.  There is so much going on in GOT that watching it all at once (within a short time period of a few weeks) will allow you to avoid a lot of the questions like "who the fuck are they talking about?" etc.  

I envy you
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    mca47 said:
    I bet Dany and her army end up capturing Jaime and Bronn.  The Jaime, Tyrion reunion is going to be great and I bet Dany really starts questioning Tyrion's loyalty.  She's far better off keeping them as prisoners than simply killing them.  Send a dragon to Kings Landing with it dragging a flyer like they do with planes that reads "Hey bitch, we got your brother...he was captured in battle...again!  Oh, and isn't this dragon pretty cool?!"

I wouldn't mind it if Jaime and Bronn were dead. People have to start dying at some point. Only reason I'd want Jaime alive is so he can tell Cersei about Joffery's murder.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

(Tim Rogers)
    edited August 2017
    Can't believe Gilly just dropped the most important piece of information in the history of the show, and Sam threw a tantrum! Pay attention boy!
    Post edited by goldrush on

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    Can't believe Gilly just dropped the most important piece of information in the history of the show, and Sam threw a tantrum! Pay attention boy!
    I caught that and my wife was like, what? We had to rewind it. How did Sam know he grabbed the correct scrolls? They didn't seem too organized.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    goldrush said:
    I caught that and my wife was like, what? We had to rewind it. How did Sam know he grabbed the correct scrolls? They didn't seem too organized.
    He just grabbed the ones that had 'Spoilers' written on them! I agree, he could have just grabbed some crappy old records but you know he'll end up with the good stuff.

Also, there are WAY too many characters that I like in that hunting party, and you know they can't all make it back from there. The flaming sword scene from the trailer makes perfect sense now though 

(Tim Rogers)
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    I thought last night was great - Jon and the dragon.  I got my Tyrion/Jaime scene.  And WTF - Cersei is pregnant?  Pius she gets crazier every week.  
    Enkidu said:
    I thought last night was great - Jon and the dragon.  I got my Tyrion/Jaime scene.  And WTF - Cersei is pregnant?  Pius she gets crazier every week.  
    I wonder if she's lying.  Jaime has been questioning a lot of what she's been doing and she seemed to use her "pregnancy" as a means to divert the conversation.
    mca47 said:
    Enkidu said:
    I wonder if she's lying.  Jaime has been questioning a lot of what she's been doing and she seemed to use her "pregnancy" as a means to divert the conversation.
    I didn't notice, was she drinking wine? I don't think their wine labels come with warnings about not drinking while pregnant.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    mca47 said:
    Enkidu said:

I thought the same thing.  A fake pregnancy wouldn't even fall into the top 10 of awful things Cersei has done so wouldn't put it past her.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Is it possible that Arya kills Jaimie and uses his face to kill Cercei?
    mca47 said:
    Enkidu said:

I thought the same thing.  A fake pregnancy wouldn't even fall into the top 10 of awful things Cersei has done so wouldn't put it past her.
    Yep.  Given the context of the situation and conversation.  Cersie's most loyal family member, supporter...and lover just dropped two giant bombs on her in saying Tyrion didn't kill Joffery...the woman that did was given an easy death, and the war cannot be won by the Lannisters.  She then diverts to the pregnancy.   Hmmm...
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    JK_Livin said:
    mca47 said:
    Enkidu said:
    I didn't notice, was she drinking wine? I don't think their wine labels come with warnings about not drinking while pregnant.
    Wine! Wine! The goose drank wine.
    And the monkey chewed tobacco by the streetcar line.
    The line broke.
    The monkey got choked.
    And they all went to heaven in a little rowboat.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    dankind said:
    JK_Livin said:
    mca47 said:
    Enkidu said:
    The line broke.
    The monkey got choked.
    UB40, sup?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    JK_Livin said:
    mca47 said:
    Enkidu said:
    The line broke.
    The monkey got choked.
    UB40, sup?
    UB40? :sick:

https://youtu.be/SWJvohfCCdk
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Did Bronn and Jaime stay under water for a week?  There was nobody around when they came up.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.