A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    And more unnecessary than the Ed Sheeran cameo.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    "He really was a cunt wasn't he?"

What a line from Lady Tyrell.  Sad to see her go...what a way to go out!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Great episode last night!
    I think everyone's standards have been lowered by the mollifying showrunners.

Jesus Christ! Are the dragon lady and the brooding zombie going to adopt a puppy together in the next episode?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    So long as they don't bang.  The brother/sister is enough, we don't need niece/nephew action.  (Although the books detail that the family was big on keeping it 'within the family.')

I thought there was some good stuff.  I like seeing Cersei off her leash. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I guess HBO was hacked and they are releasing a bunch of spoilers.  Ugh
    mca47 said:
    I guess HBO was hacked and they are releasing a bunch of spoilers.  Ugh
    Neat. A hack about which people will actually care.

You can spoil a nation, but don't you dare spoil a past-its-prime fantasy television series. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Hopefully we get to see hot-body Melisandre one more time before series end.

Nice to see two end games of two different poisonings in this episode. The exchange between Jamie and Olenna at the end was great.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I hope we get to see old-body Melisandre once more time.
    (NO!)
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    ^^^I will wait until the individual shows air on Sunday nights. It helps ease the sting of the weekend being over.

I'm weird like that. Like I don't look for or try to find out spoilers either. Even with concerts. Like when I saw Roger Waters a couple weeks ago, I didn't loo at what his setlists were because I wanted to be surprised. Or Tom Petty (one of my top 3 favorites)...he's putting on the exact same show every time. If I look at one of his setlists, I can tell what he'll play at the next show and when he'll play it. I prefer the anticipation! :)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    HBO is really having a bad week.  Apparently this wasn't even from the hack that they had earlier in the week.  I'll prob just wait until tomorrow to watch it though...would much rather watch on my 65 inch TV than on my 13 inch laptop screen.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Holy crap.

What an episode!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    Holy crap.

What an episode!

That was wild!  What a great battle scene that was!
    Bronn!
    I think that episode just F'ed me in the brain.

Littlefinger is such an unlikeable character. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

He's such a sneaky little fucker!  He's my dark horse pick to end up on the iron throne with Sansa at his side!

I know he's the 3 eyed raven and all, but Bran is the fucking worst.  The scenes with him are so brutal.

He's such a sneaky little fucker!  He's my dark horse pick to end up on the iron throne with Sansa at his side!

I know he's the 3 eyed raven and all, but Bran is the fucking worst.  The scenes with him are so brutal.
    I agree. 

I don't think so...I think Littlefinger is on Arya's list. He seems the most logical for her to act on. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Littlepetyr is gonna die soon. Did you catch that "Oh fuck" look after Bran's "Chaos is a ladder"?

I'm loving Bran's stuff. He's been totally numbed with all the shit he's seen and the way the various actors have reacted has been gold.

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    I reckon Arya will kill Littlefinger with the dagger he gave Bran. It would be poetic, and he definitely had an "oh shit!" look on his face when he saw Arya take down Brienne with it.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Still never watched an episode of this in my life. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Sansa had a reaction to that scene as well.  Think that perhaps she thought she was the family badass?  Always a jealous one...now Bran is a wierdo who can see everything that happens, Jon is a zombie King, and Arya is a stone cold killer.
    What does Sansa have to do to 'up her game?' 
    I bet we see something drastic from her soon. 
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    A reminder in case anything else leaks:
    Please see the Posting Guidelines and TOS rules on copyright.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines
    10. Please respect an artist's copyright. Linking to or otherwise promoting stolen art is prohibited. If an artist's work is leaked online, don't post it here and please be careful when posting other people's images in posts.

TOS: https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/204866734-Terms-of-Use

Also, please take the talk about illegal torrents elsewhere.

Thank you

Sansa had a reaction to that scene as well.  Think that perhaps she thought she was the family badass?  Always a jealous one...now Bran is a wierdo who can see everything that happens, Jon is a zombie King, and Arya is a stone cold killer.
    What does Sansa have to do to 'up her game?' 
    I bet we see something drastic from her soon. 
    Yep, pretty sure Sansa is jealous of all of them.  
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    I can't wait for Littlefinger to die.  That's gonna be amazing.  The Arya/Brienne scene was so badass.  And that battle - I'm so glad I DVRed it to watch over and over.  Oh, I just saw this online, it's very cool.  How they did the battle.  

http://io9.gizmodo.com/this-14-minute-video-detailing-last-nights-game-of-thro-1797595950?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=io9_facebook
    Enkidu said:
    I can't wait for Littlefinger to die.  That's gonna be amazing.  The Arya/Brienne scene was so badass.  And that battle - I'm so glad I DVRed it to watch over and over.  Oh, I just saw this online, it's very cool.  How they did the battle.  

http://io9.gizmodo.com/this-14-minute-video-detailing-last-nights-game-of-thro-1797595950?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=io9_facebook
    That was awesome.  Thanks for posting that!
    Is it Sunday yet?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    So.  Bran can see "everything".  He undoubtedly sees what Littlefinger is planning and up to so when does he reveal his plan?  Or is he like a "watcher" and can't intervene?

And now Jorah is healthy!  Will he hook up with Khalissi?
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    So.  Bran can see "everything".  He undoubtedly sees what Littlefinger is planning and up to so when does he reveal his plan?  Or is he like a "watcher" and can't intervene?

Can he see the future or only the past and present? One of Bronn, Jaime or Lord Tarley must not make it out of that battle. Fucking Theon.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    JK_Livin said:

Can he see the future or only the past and present? One of Bronn, Jaime or Lord Tarley must not make it out of that battle. Fucking Theon.
    He's supposed to be "all knowing" so we shall see.  The Stark clan is all getting back together!

Theon is no longer a story line.  He has failed too often...