New Details on New Pearl Jam Material

https://www.alternativenation.net/first-details-new-pearl-jam-material-may-have-surfaced/

Anything else Jeff might be talking about or are we all assuming its new Pearl Jam?

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    So, a new album in 2032 then.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Very interesting. Who knows exactly when but it feels like something is finally brewing. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    That article is long on speculation and short on actual details. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I used to like that site.  They would score some really good and interesting interviews.  

I understand that click bait pays the bills its just a shame to see it change so much. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    on2legs said:
    That article is long on speculation and short on actual details. 
    Pretty standard for that website.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    It's safe to assume all 5 of them demo songs - that's been well documented in the press or whatever. They said they are working on something, but that could mean anything. So, has the 'new album' discussion advanced because of this article? Maybe? I do know that we'll all be up on here talking about it endlessly though. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    Individualized demos of nearly finished songs isn't the way these guys should do it imo. The 5 guys jamming and creating is the best way to harness their best creative efforts. That's the beauty of being in a band and the magic of creating music. They obviously know what their doing, but I would like a harder sound based on Jeff's driving bass lines and Matt's creative drumming/ unique timing, with Mike free to express his solos, and Ed creating phrasing based on the sound rather than fitting music to lyrics.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited July 2017
    I just want something different.  My favorite Pj tunes since Yield are the ones that are way different for them.   Sleight of Hand. Sirens. Etc. 

This is is absolutely not complaining tho because i'll take any PJ album i get. Even if i know songs 1 and 2 will be garage rockers.  3 will be poppy.  Last song will be slow :lol:
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    I used to like that site.  They would score some really good and interesting interviews.  

I understand that click bait pays the bills its just a shame to see it change so much. 

IMO they've always been click bait & little more. Going to that site is the biggest waste of time on the internet (bold statement, I know, but there's an excessive amount of BS there w/ very little substance)
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    edited July 2017
    Oh wait, alternative nation?  Never mind.

Also, you just made a click bait thread.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Meh.  Didn't read it since it's AN.  
    I'm none too thrilled about their recent songwriting/creative process though. I know it won't change but I can still whine.  The fact that they have 5 different lives and write from 5 different perspectives and then get in the studio and slather the all-over-the-place bread base tracks with Ed's PJ butter and leave it to BoB to shine it all up and call it Pearl Jam leaves a lot to be desired nowadays.  

Lock yourselves in a studio for a month eating nothing but Taco Bell and natty light, and let's get an album that kicks ass.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2017
    Meh.  Didn't read it since it's AN.  
    I'm none too thrilled about their recent songwriting/creative process though. I know it won't change but I can still whine.  The fact that they have 5 different lives and write from 5 different perspectives and then get in the studio and slather the all-over-the-place bread base tracks with Ed's PJ butter and leave it to BoB to shine it all up and call it Pearl Jam leaves a lot to be desired nowadays.  

Lock yourselves in a studio for a month eating nothing but Taco Bell and natty light, and let's get an album that kicks ass.
    I 100% agree with you. They are really dropping the ball on the creative process now. I figure if they're going to do it, they ought to do it right... and they have to WANT to do it right, which they don't, apparently. I'd almost prefer no album over another album glued together like that and produced badly. I really hope they come full circle or something, and that this ineffective artistic process becomes just a phase that they went through.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    they will start to write and record stuff very soon
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I have no problem with each member bringing 1 song to the table and go from there... I think that sounds like a great idea actually

Im pretty sure quite a few of the classics in the PJ catalog have been born this way?
    I'm excited for new material and I'm optimistic it will be damn good too. 
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    It's only been 4 years. Give them time...
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    ^^ Haha 
  • theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    Loving the comments on people telling a band how to be a band. 
    Good stuff!!
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
    edited July 2017
    Good stuff!!
    I didn't see anybody telling the band anything.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    Good stuff!!
    Agreed.  Sometimes I read all the expert advice on how to be a rock band and wonder if Springsteen, Townsend, Bono, and Mick Jagger are secretly members of this forum. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I don't think anyone is telling the band how to be a band. I think RoleModelsinBlood31's suggestion for approaching the next album was a good one, and would perhaps produce something more cohesive and engaging than whatever method they've been using the past couple of albums. Both are legitimate methods of writing, and PJ is of course welcome to use whatever method they prefer. But we as fans (and consumers of their music) are allowed opinions, especially on a discussion board, even if the sycophants don't like hearing anything that may possibly be perceived as negative. Are some of you saying that there is no room for improvement in PJ's songwriting and album production process?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    I love your eternal optimism, but seriously is that all it is or do you actually know & how exactly do you know? Same with touring information. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    I love your eternal optimism, but seriously is that all it is or do you actually know & how exactly do you know? Same with touring information. 
    FWIW, I read an interview that Stone and Mike (I think?) gave a while back, and they said they were personally already working on some stuff for the next PJ album.... I don't recall where to find the interview transcript, but I'm sure someone probably does.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440

SHOCKER-Jeff is working on writing music while the band is on hiatus.
    No chance he is doing anything artistic either.

Get_Right said:

Huh?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    PJ_Soul said:
    Get_Right said:

Huh?
    That article does not have any information beyond the obvious.
    Get_Right said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Get_Right said:

Huh?
    That article does not have any information beyond the obvious.
    Ooohhhhh. Now I get it, lol.
    PJ_Soul said:
    FWIW, I read an interview that Stone and Mike (I think?) gave a while back, and they said they were personally already working on some stuff for the next PJ album.... I don't recall where to find the interview transcript, but I'm sure someone probably does.
    I remember Demetrios posting that & that being revealed. Dimitris's posts come across like he has some inside track on things. I'm guessing he's just going based on what's known. Like the recent interview. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    I believe Stone said that at an interview with one of the Seattle radio stations. The station was doing some fundraising for the Vitalogy Foundation and Mike and Stone were there to talk about that and then were just chatting with the hosts.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    PJ_Soul said:
    I remember Demetrios posting that & that being revealed. Dimitris's posts come across like he has some inside track on things. I'm guessing he's just going based on what's known. Like the recent interview. 
    Dimitris doesn't post based on rumor.  He has a connection.