Would you enjoy this setlist?

2»

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    There's some clunkers here, but there's also some of their best stuff. I've heard and loved eight of these already - Bugs, No Lip, BRY, Hold On, No Way, Push Pull, Of the Earth and Let Me Sleep. 

I'd love to hear Fatal, Force of Nature, Strangest, Education and Undone. Maybe the Instrumental version of Brother. And Hold On a second time!

The rest, meh...
    what specific tracks are some of their "best stuff"?
    If I may chine in: Dead Man is a fantastic song - not to get too deep here but it really is quite "haunting." Fatal and Around The Bend are quite nice, too. No Way's got a great groove (although it doesn't really "go anywhere" - to quote Stone, I believe). Finally, I actually like Help, Help. 

Admittedly, for me the rest of the songs range from just okay/meh to kinda crummy. I know I might take some shit for this statement. I'll even say it: I don't get what all the fuss is about for Hold On.
    Yeah with the exception of dead man (and only because I like you rummy) nothing else is really their "best stuff."
    hold on was cool to see live but definitely not their best stuff. Again, there is a reason these songs are not played more live. 
    I consider; Fatal, Other Side, Strangest Tribe, Force of Nature, Let Me Sleep and Hold On as "their best stuff". And I also really dig Help Help, Push me, Pull Me, Dead Man and Undone. 
    Yes x100! Deadman is one of my faves ever.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    brianwilsonbrianwilson Posts: 406
    Not in-person, no.  

On a Sunday morning maybe.  That said, too many consecutive slow tunes ruin live shows a bit.  I didn't like the 3 slow ones format from the last tour didn't work for me.  Also, I was at Fenway 2, and that show was tight (in spite of them playing 5ish slow ones).
  • Options
    ^^^
    Just like Brian Wilson said. 
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2017
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    There's some clunkers here, but there's also some of their best stuff. I've heard and loved eight of these already - Bugs, No Lip, BRY, Hold On, No Way, Push Pull, Of the Earth and Let Me Sleep. 

I'd love to hear Fatal, Force of Nature, Strangest, Education and Undone. Maybe the Instrumental version of Brother. And Hold On a second time!

The rest, meh...
    what specific tracks are some of their "best stuff"?
    If I may chine in: Dead Man is a fantastic song - not to get too deep here but it really is quite "haunting." Fatal and Around The Bend are quite nice, too. No Way's got a great groove (although it doesn't really "go anywhere" - to quote Stone, I believe). Finally, I actually like Help, Help. 

Admittedly, for me the rest of the songs range from just okay/meh to kinda crummy. I know I might take some shit for this statement. I'll even say it: I don't get what all the fuss is about for Hold On.
    Yeah with the exception of dead man (and only because I like you rummy) nothing else is really their "best stuff."
    hold on was cool to see live but definitely not their best stuff. Again, there is a reason these songs are not played more live. 
    I consider; Fatal, Other Side, Strangest Tribe, Force of Nature, Let Me Sleep and Hold On as "their best stuff". And I also really dig Help Help, Push me, Pull Me, Dead Man and Undone. 
    Good songs but not "best stuff". 
    Obviously thats relative, and how big you allow the "the best stuff" tier to be :) 

Sweet Lew is pointless though. Anyways. 

Nice edit OP.  Whew.