Options

If you could go back in time to see ONE PJ show that you didn't see live, which show and why?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Sept/2005/Winnipeg

I had 10ctix for a five run show that year.  The Winnipeg date conflicted w/ work.  So for no other reason I am pissed off that I made it work for four shows and not five.  I was worried about the boss. Never again.

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    CBGBs?  PJ played at CBGBs?  When?
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    JH6056 said:
    11/08/91 – CBGBs: New York City, NY [42m]
    set: Black, Even Flow, Why Go, Jeremy, Alive, Once, Porch, I’ve Got a Feeling
    notes: This show was unannounced and the audience consisted primarily of fan club members and press. Unusual opening with ‘Black,’ by request.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    NiktoNikto Melbourne, Australia Posts: 133
    I would have liked to have been at the Soldier Field gig as well.
    Melbourne: March 17 1995, March 18 1995, March 2 1998, February 18 2003, November 13 2006, November 20 2009, January 24 2014
    Ed Solo
    Melbourne: March 24 2011, February 16 2014
  • Options
    NiktoNikto Melbourne, Australia Posts: 133
    1995 in Melbourne...first time in Melbourne...I didnt see them till 1998
    Those first concerts in Melbourne in 1995 were fantastic, the first night people were throwing the chairs that were on the floor at Rod Laver Arena out of the way to make a mosh pit! The second night there were no chairs on the floor.  The 3rd concert at the Sidney Myer music bowl was epic, people broke down the fence to get in, I remember turning around during Once and the crowd was twice as big as it was when they started playing.  I didn't know about the fence being knocked down until the next day on the news! Good times :)

Melbourne: March 17 1995, March 18 1995, March 2 1998, February 18 2003, November 13 2006, November 20 2009, January 24 2014
    Ed Solo
    Melbourne: March 24 2011, February 16 2014
  • Options
    Nikto said:
    1995 in Melbourne...first time in Melbourne...I didnt see them till 1998
    Those first concerts in Melbourne in 1995 were fantastic, the first night people were throwing the chairs that were on the floor at Rod Laver Arena out of the way to make a mosh pit! The second night there were no chairs on the floor.  The 3rd concert at the Sidney Myer music bowl was epic, people broke down the fence to get in, I remember turning around during Once and the crowd was twice as big as it was when they started playing.  I didn't know about the fence being knocked down until the next day on the news! Good times :)

Sounds like a security and safety nightmare, but yes it does sound like the crowd energy was also through the roof.
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    notes: This show was unannounced and the audience consisted primarily of fan club members and press. Unusual opening with ‘Black,’ by request.
    Wow, that would have been incredibly cool!!  Were they in NYC then for some other reason as well?  Just doing press/promo?  Just figure they didn't go all the way there just to do this show, but who knows...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    JH6056 said:
    JH6056 said:
    Wow, that would have been incredibly cool!!  Were they in NYC then for some other reason as well?  Just doing press/promo?  Just figure they didn't go all the way there just to do this show, but who knows...
    They played four shows at Roseland at this time so that could explain it. November 11,12, 16 and 17. They were in support of the chili peppers. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    JH6056 said:
    JH6056 said:
    They played four shows at Roseland at this time so that could explain it. November 11,12, 16 and 17. They were in support of the chili peppers. 
    Yup, that would totally explain it.  Cool!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tom, here s Vic s pizza in Bradley. I m eating here right now and it s amazing!!

That looks good!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Gonna start a pizza thread on AET so we don't continue to derail this one! :lol:
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    Gonna start a pizza thread on AET so we don't continue to derail this one! :lol:
    Do it bud!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    basically any show from spring 94 tour
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,314
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tom, here s Vic s pizza in Bradley. I m eating here right now and it s amazing!!

That looks good!
    It's the best pizza in Jersey. Been going there for almost 60 years. Oooops, just had a slight accident. Nothing to see here.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Okay, my DC 2006 pick was a realistic one. Now, for the ultimate: Purdue 3/17/1994. This would be an AWESOME Vault release! (hint, hint..)

03/17/94 - Elliot Hall: Purdue University: West Lafayette, IN [120m]
    support act: Grant Lee Buffalo 
    set: Wash, Animal, Go, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Glorified G, Black, Blood, Dissident, State of Love and Trust, Even Flow, Tremor Christ, Daughter/(Improv), Alive, Rearviewmirror, Not for You, Garden, Leash, Porch
    enc: Once, Rockin' in the Free World, Indifference
    notes: PJ insisted on a large quantity of these tickets going to Purdue University students and TM only had approximately 1,000 for sale. With the show beginning late due to a bomb scare, PJ arrives on stage announcing that everyone is free to leave and get a refund. Ed is wearing war paint up and down his legs and his eyes are blackened like a raccoon. The 'Daughter' tag is the 'You're in My Body' improv. Halfway through the show, Ed says something like, "I don't know if you guys are feeling this, but we certainly are. Musically, this might be the best show we have ever played. Thank you." He also gives a speech about 'Dissident' - saying that date rape is terrible and explaining that a woman's word is sacred and the no means no and that's what a "holy no" is. An unbelievable show with great crowd interaction, nearly getting out of control when a huge group of people charge one of the aisles during 'RitFW.'
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    JH6056 said:
    Was for international press, record label and some fan club.  was lucky enough to be in the room.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    the one I missed just cause I didn't wanna deal with NYC on NYE at the Academy in 92
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited June 2017
    Do none of you people get real pizza toppings on your pizza? Where is the meat? Where are the olives or peppers or mushrooms?? Y'all eat cheese pizzas (or red grape pizzas) exclusively?? :lol:

And FTR, Chicago deep dish isn't pizza. It's a fuckin' casserole with a crust on the bottom.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    PJ_Soul said:
    Do none of you people get real pizza toppings on your pizza? Where is the meat? Where are the olives or peppers or mushrooms?? Y'all eat cheese pizzas (or red grape pizzas) exclusively?? :lol:

And FTR, Chicago deep dish isn't pizza. It's a fuckin' casserole with a crust on the bottom.
    A pizza thread was started for this debate.  ;)
    (I enjoy a supreme occasionally but pizza should be no or 1 toppings to be proper, imo)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    final night at the spectrum or pj20
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Probably The Gorge in 2005 that started with a mellow sit down set that I can imagine was enhanced by the scenery. 
    yes. this. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com