NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    Gillycw said:
    The Killing is great , crime drama set in Seattle. Does it really rain that much there?? Great show though. 
    I also didn't mind 12 Monkeys , watching Riverdale now 
    I just started watching Riverdale. Interesting show. Also, Luke Perry looks like he's aged 40 years since 90210.
    Yes!! Doesn't he?? I'm finding the wrinkles on his forehead very distracting haha
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited May 2017
    Things that suck:  Bloodline Season 3.   What a waste of time.  During episode 9 I thought about not watching the rest and should have listened to myself.  Total waste of time.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Haters Back Off and GLOW. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
    Nobody Speak: Trials of the Free Press. Very thought provoking and eye opening.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    1st 2 episodes of Glow were good.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I enjoyed both Cooked and Chef's Table
    The obvious favorite (House of Cards) and less obvious (The Last Kingdom)
    The Marvel stuff has been great (admittedly the last one was not as good but I still liked Iron Fist)
    My nephew loves The Flash and Frequency, although those are not originals
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    We stopped watching Orange is the New Black....just can't take it any more.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Rectify is a pretty good show. Can't wait for Okja (tomorrow!!) and Wet Hot American Summer:Ten Years Later. I honestly keep up with more TV shows than movies or music these days. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    PJSiren said:
    JimmyV said:
    My girlfriend had never watched LOST so we started that up. The ending will still be disappointing but the ride to get there is still a lot of fun.
    I would never invest time watching  Lost based on the universal hatred of the ending.
    I tried to watch LOST...I couldn't...it was episode after episode of the SAME SHIT! But with what you said Bootlegger, I feel that way about Dexter...only I did invest the time, but the rule still applies. I will not watch it again, even though my daughter wants to because the ended sucked ass! lol
    Lost would leave you with nothing but a huge fucking disappointment in the end, anyway.  That was the biggest bullshit finale of a series in the history of television.
    I thought the end was brilliant.  Seems like it's 50/50 tho amongst fans :lol:  the entire final season was great to me
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    PJSiren said:
    JimmyV said:
    My girlfriend had never watched LOST so we started that up. The ending will still be disappointing but the ride to get there is still a lot of fun.
    I would never invest time watching  Lost based on the universal hatred of the ending.
    I tried to watch LOST...I couldn't...it was episode after episode of the SAME SHIT! But with what you said Bootlegger, I feel that way about Dexter...only I did invest the time, but the rule still applies. I will not watch it again, even though my daughter wants to because the ended sucked ass! lol
    Lost would leave you with nothing but a huge fucking disappointment in the end, anyway.  That was the biggest bullshit finale of a series in the history of television.
    I thought the end was brilliant.  Seems like it's 50/50 tho amongst fans :lol:  the entire final season was great to me
    You may be the first person I heard say that ending was brilliant.  Among those I know/knew the ending was panned to the tune of something more like 90%
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    PJSiren said:
    JimmyV said:
    You may be the first person I heard say that ending was brilliant.  Among those I know/knew the ending was panned to the tune of something more like 90%
    One episode, even though it was the final one,  can't ruin how great that series was.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    PJSiren said:
    JimmyV said:
    One episode, even though it was the final one,  can't ruin how great that series was.
    I am/was a fan -- I watched weekly throughout the series run.  Loved it.
    I also stuck up for the ending, even though I didn't really like it. 
    Agree that the ride was fun!
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Its on IFC, not Netflix.  But Brockmire is great!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Anyone skipping Lost because they think the ending is disappointing is missing out on the wild and fun ride it takes to get there. I admit, the ending did disappoint me. BUT...the penultimate season 5 is AWESOME. It's a fun show with great characters, and if you go in knowing the ending might be a let down, you won't be let down by it nearly as hard.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Haven't watched this but looks kinda interesting, Santa Clarita Diet
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjRnbOgoAUQ

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    They fuck Sense8??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Started watching Castlevania....just starting to get good and Bam........season over after 4 episodes? I was like WTF.
    Apparently they have green lit another 8 episodes for a second season but c'mon man.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Started watching Castlevania....just starting to get good and Bam........season over after 4 episodes? I was like WTF.
    Apparently they have green lit another 8 episodes for a second season but c'mon man.
    that was annoying, hopefully Season 2 comes sooner than later
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • tweedyfanjentweedyfanjen Posts: 881

I watched two episodes and I'm out. It was funny but pretty disgusting. :lol:

I'm through with screaming
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126

I thoroughly enjoyed this series. Yes, disgusting to watch in parts, and don't watch around meal times, but bloody funny
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    edited July 2017

I've started watching Ozark and absolutely love it!. About 6 episodes in and I'm well and truly hooked.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5071412/videoplayer/vi3569662233

Post edited by No Coder on

• tweedyfanjentweedyfanjen Posts: 881
    No Coder said:

I've started watching Ozark and absolutely love it!. About 6 episodes in and I'm well and truly hooked.

I got about half way through the first episode. Does it get better?
    I'm through with screaming
    Stalled on Ozarks after three.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    I have found with a few shows the last season sucks (The Fall, Bloodline, etc....).  I may just stop watching the final seasons or perhaps just the last couple episodes.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    that was annoying, hopefully Season 2 comes sooner than later
    Just finished it yesterday.  I was gung-ho about this coming out as it's probably my favorite video game franchise ever, but I haven't had much chance to sit down and concentrate on it.

I, too, was surprised at how short the season was.  Four 24 minute episodes isn't much.  May have been better if they just did it as a 96 minute movie.  But, despite the brevity of the season, I think they picked an excellent point of the story to leave off until the next season.

I saw AVGN's review of the series and I have to disagree with him.  He said he enjoyed the story but that he didn't really see what made it a Castlevania story; that he didn't think it had much that separated it from any old Dracula story.  So far, I think it falls pretty well in line with the story/timeline of Castelvania 3, which it's based off.  If you've never played any Castlevania games, I won't spoil anything, but season 2 should be great!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    eveyone stop what u watching at netflix..and watch Hostages,,israelian tv show at netflix...2 seasons..
    u thank me later
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    No Coder said:

I got about half way through the first episode. Does it get better?

I think it does, but I enjoyed the first episode.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    They're $20 billion in debt
    I miss igotid88
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195