*** Eddie Vedder Dublin, Ireland Fanviews Here 6/9/17 ***

2»

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    A lad who works at the 3arena said Eddie walked off stage and signed a cheque for €25,000 so he could keep playing. 

reply at facebook..And a friend just told me that It's was 12,000 pounds in London night one and 8000 pounds for night 2. According to security he knows there."
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I've seen 20+ EV solo shows on just about every tour. London 1 was the most emotional this was the most fun. Thank you Dublin.
    You could just tell he needed that show. We all did. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    A lad who works at the 3arena said Eddie walked off stage and signed a cheque for €25,000 so he could keep playing. 

reply at facebook..And a friend just told me that It's was 12,000 pounds in London night one and 8000 pounds for night 2. According to security he knows there."
    And still people bitch about how much he charges for a ticket lol. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    mcgruff10 said:

And still people bitch about how much he charges for a ticket lol. 
    people will bitch always for every fuckin reason they can find
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    This was my first Eddie Solo show. I cant put into words how amazing this man is. To hold an arena in the palm of his hands for almost 3 hours just shows. Not a mobile phone in sight. reminds me of the old days. long may it continue. People were transfixed on Eddie. It was incredible. Immortality was fab as usual, with the little intro. I was in fan club seats and the entire row just sat there hugging their posters!!! which i thought was odd. ah well, i lost my voice. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624

Alernativenation just quoted you in there article. Hope you are getting royalties lol!
  • emjot said:
    And when you get to meet Ed, after a show like that, and when he hugs you and gives you a pick... that's when the whole night gets just simply unreal...

Oh to b u *sigh emoji* How did this happen??
  • JKW77JKW77 Posts: 1
    Having first seen Pearl Jam in Slane in 93 I have to say that this show singularly the most special show I have ever been at. We all know what's happened in recent weeks but life goes on. The 'where were you dear god' lyric change in Sometimes was the only point where Eddie seemed to be referring to recent events.  After that the love for his wife, family and friends filled the room, with the love of his crowd filling his heart. I think he really needed that' I think that as we get older we all need that sometimes, to be reminded of what it means to be alive.
  • PJNB said:

Alernativenation just quoted you in there article. Hope you are getting royalties lol!
    hahahaha!!
    I love how an article is created around an unverified comment on the internet about 'a lad.....said..' #fakenews

• gazgaz Posts: 233
    PJNB said:

hahahaha!!
    I love how an article is created around an unverified comment on the internet about 'a lad.....said..' #fakenews

How very Irish!! Ha Ha!!! 
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • gazgaz Posts: 233
    With a couple of days perspective and having just seen the Cork show, which was good but......I thought the gig in Dublin on Friday was one of the best nights of my life.....musically or otherwise. It was just so special all the way through, the atmosphere onstage and off was one of celebration. Ed seemed to be really enjoying himself with the crowd and Glen....
    Personal highlights:
    My wife going apeshit at the start of Porch
    Going to toilet and missing Can't Keep, but sprinting back to catch the end!
    Glen's cover of Vigilante Man....real fury in his voice...
    Jeremy!
    Black with the string quartet
    Losing my voice during Glen's set!
    Eddie hugging the little girl in the front row..
    Eddie...in general...
    All of it....It was lashing rain outside and me and wife could not have cared less. We floated out of the place on an absolute high, the kind of high only Eddie Vedder can provide. Awesome from beginning to end....

23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    emjot said:
    And when you get to meet Ed, after a show like that, and when he hugs you and gives you a pick... that's when the whole night gets just simply unreal...

Oh to b u *sigh emoji* How did this happen??
    We waited on him after the show. 
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    PJNB said:

NME quoted you too:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/eddie-vedder-paid-25000-to-play-past-curfew-2087934

• texanerintexanerin Posts: 5
    Hawk123 said:
    PJNB said:

NME quoted you too:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/eddie-vedder-paid-25000-to-play-past-curfew-2087934

And also - "Pearl Jam are currently on their European tour..." Lol. Good to know!
  • Noxidk80Noxidk80 Posts: 1
    Cork was amazing! From Betterman to Hard Sun, it was non stop! 31 blistering tunes,well past 10.30 curfew. We sang Happy Birthday to Olivia and then Eddie fired the cake into the audience,no one knows who it landed on! The feed to his mandolin stopped working during Rise and the audience sang without it till it got fixed. He and Glen improvised all the verses in Auld Triangle and told stories about each other. The roof of the "tent" lifted for Black. Eddie went off the stage to put on a "People's Republic of Cork" t shirt for 2mins,  he just played solid all the way through with not even a break! It was awesome!!!