espn, you suck

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

Does anyone else find Pablo Torres to be overly annoying?

He should NOT be a commentator. If this is the future of ESPN then they are doomed...

I love Pablo! :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:

Does anyone else find Pablo Torres to be overly annoying?

He should NOT be a commentator. If this is the future of ESPN then they are doomed...

I love Pablo! :lol:
    Please tell me you're joking... The man-child that tries to use over analytics and is the complete opposite of pithy... He doesn't know how to quit when he's ahead.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited February 2017
    I just watched Damian Woody bench press a little nerdy guy. How fucking humiliating for that guy. Hard to have sympathy for slot of these douchers, but that was uncomfortable to watch.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    ESPN pretty much laid off their entire hockey reporting staff. Now they can devote more time (the 18 seconds of hockey coverage) to Tim Tebow.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Jason P said:

ESPN pretty much laid off their entire hockey reporting staff. Now they can devote more time (the 18 seconds of hockey coverage) to Tim Tebow.

And Lebron. Don't forget Lebron. Lebron.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Sad to see, but not surprising at all. ESPN kept on agreeing to these insane deals for rights to NBA, NFL, etc.. while so many people are cord cutting and their subscriber numbers keep going down. But of course, Stephen A. Smith has nothing to worry about....crazy.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited April 2017

Sad to see, but not surprising at all. ESPN kept on agreeing to these insane deals for rights to NBA, NFL, etc.. while so many people are cord cutting and their subscriber numbers keep going down. But of course, Stephen A. Smith has nothing to worry about....crazy.

sucks for those laid off but they didn't really need 72 people for every sport. they've had such a bloated staff for a long time now.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    They kept hiring every ex player
    I miss igotid88
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Firing Jason Stark was dumb of them. One of the few guys I liked reading. They need to accept ESPN Insider failed.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I am sorry for Jason Stark but for me (as stated before) it makes no difference what ESPN does. They suck.
    If we got a College Football Channel (not a channel for each conference) we would have the 4 sports I care about covered.
    NFL Channel for NFL stuff
    NHL Channel for NHL stuff
    MLB Channel for MLB stuff
    College Football Channel -- dream.
    Sportscenter is SO not aimed at my demographic. (They dont even call is Sportscenter any longer!)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847

I am sorry for Jason Stark but for me (as stated before) it makes no difference what ESPN does. They suck.
    If we got a College Football Channel (not a channel for each conference) we would have the 4 sports I care about covered.
    Sportscenter is SO not aimed at my demographic. (They dont even call is Sportscenter any longer!)

SC6 is unwatchable for me, if that's what you're referring to.

Pablo Torres is unwatchable...
    Good news that they're cutting people, but bad news with some of the names. The firing of Trent Dilfer is the most I've enjoyed ESPN in years.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

SC6 is unwatchable for me, if that's what you're referring to.

Pablo Torres is unwatchable...
    Yessir.
    The days of Baseball Tonight being the best thing going are gone. You can watch Quick Pitch 13x on MLB.
    Melissa Stark (how I love her) is on NFL.
    ESPN doesn't care about hockey.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

I've seen more Royal Rumble highlights on ESPN than hockey in the last decade.
    To be fair, nobody cares about hockey.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    DewieCox said:

Themz fightin' wordz.

Quick, somebody hold me back!!

DewieCox said:

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

I've seen more Royal Rumble highlights on ESPN than hockey in the last decade.
    Sportscenter used to be a sports news show with a ton of highlights from almost every game. now it's just a bunch of people talking. other than live games ESPN is pretty terrible in my opinion.

and hockey playoffs are fucking awesome. Basketball is my favorite sport. Always has been always will be and love the NCAA Tournament but the NHL Playoffs are 1000x more interesting to watch than the NBA. what was the stat the other day, Lebron has swept a series like 13 times so far in his career. How is that interesting? Until the finals the NBA playoffs are pretty unwatchable.
    DewieCox said:

Hahaha!
    Some of us care very much
    That's cool...just razzin. I've been watching the Blues more than I used to. Good to see them competitive. The games are impossible to follow, so it's not a great watch til it gets to crunch time or sudden death.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    *waits to see the list of ESPN executives who have been laid off :pensive:
    Bring back Playmakers!
    Just read about Kellerman, too. ESPN is on a roll today.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703

Jason P said:

And Lebron. Don't forget Lebron. Lebron.
    even Barry Melrose?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    The sad thing is that ESPN is doing this just to appease investors. The salary they are cutting doesn't even put a little ding into the mistakes they made with the billions of dollars they paid for exclusive sports programming just before people started cutting the cord.

ESPN should take advice from this guy ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozmz_3VdDSg

edited April 2017
    You mean like paying a fuck load to the PAC 12 to force football games on Friday nights?
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    DewieCox said:

That's cool...just razzin. I've been watching the Blues more than I used to. Good to see them competitive. The games are impossible to follow, so it's not a great watch til it gets to crunch time or sudden death.

I'm rooting for the Blues now that the Wings have to rebuild.
    One of the top headlines on ESPN.com this morning was on Tim Tebow now hitting .246 in single A ...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Jason P said:

One of the top headlines on ESPN.com this morning was on Tim Tebow now hitting .246 in single A ...

I'm interested but only for a quick update. What you said was perfect. No more time is needed, lol.

I miss highlights. I like when they talked about how good a player was or the player that did all the little things. That I miss...