The terrorist attacks we don't care about

Comments

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

open borders in the UK seem to be working well......
    I just talked to a gal from England who had just moved to Florida last year and she told me about the open borders
    and what a nightmare England has become since the borders opened up, I can't believe with all that has been happening
    in the areas with open borders that folks in the US still want open borders....it's really not a good idea.

No one I've heard from wants open borders in the US. Do you have a link to a politician promoting that?
    are you saying that no train members never posted such statements ? or the border wall protesters ?

• Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 427

I just talked to a gal from England who had just moved to Florida last year and she told me about the open borders
    and what a nightmare England has become since the borders opened up, I can't believe with all that has been happening
    in the areas with open borders that folks in the US still want open borders....it's really not a good idea.

Have you looked at a map of Europe recently? As far as I'm aware we're still part of an island - our only open borders are with Scotland and Wales and we haven't had issues with them for centuries. The problem is in mainland Europe where there are no border controls.

And what is this "nightmare" you mention? Please enlighten me because I must have missed something.

Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Not trying to piss anyone off. Just saw this picture and found it humorous. Happy Friday everyone!!!

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:

Not trying to piss anyone off. Just saw this picture and found it humorous. Happy Friday everyone!!!

That's not funny, it's stupid. It's not grounded in reality.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Jason P said:

A man was arrested after trying to drive into a crowd in Antwerp, Belgium

A man was arrested after he tried to drive into a crowd in Antwerp, Belgium at around 11 a.m. local time, according to police.

The driver was arrested and named as Mohamed R, born on May 8, 1977, of French nationality and domiciled in France, according to Belgian prosecutors.

People managed to jump out of the car's way and the military chased and stopped the car, the city's Mayor Bart de Wever said at a press briefing.

"The vehicle was travelling at high speed on the Meir [main shopping street], so people had to jump to the side," Antwerp police chief Serge Muyters said at the press briefing.

The driver, "a man of North African origin" who was wearing a "camouflage uniform," was arrested after a chase in the centre of the city, he said.

The driver attempted to flee when soldiers tried to intercept the vehicle but shortly afterwards Antwerp police rapid response team was able to intercept.

Different weapons were discovered in the trunk, including bladed weapons, a riot gun, and a can containing a product that has not yet been identified. The bomb squad is at the scene and additional police and military were deployed in the city.

Given the initial information gathered and taking into account what happened on Wednesday in London, it was decided to give the file to the federal prosecutor's office.

http://www.businessinsider.com/man-was-arrested-after-trying-to-drive-into-a-crowd-in-antwerp-2017-3

Mohammed R? You don't say. Must be one of those radical "Europeans".
    unsung said:

Jason P said:

A man was arrested after he tried to drive into a crowd in Antwerp, Belgium at around 11 a.m. local time, according to police.

The driver was arrested and named as Mohamed R, born on May 8, 1977, of French nationality and domiciled in France, according to Belgian prosecutors.

People managed to jump out of the car's way and the military chased and stopped the car, the city's Mayor Bart de Wever said at a press briefing.

"The vehicle was travelling at high speed on the Meir [main shopping street], so people had to jump to the side," Antwerp police chief Serge Muyters said at the press briefing.

The driver, "a man of North African origin" who was wearing a "camouflage uniform," was arrested after a chase in the centre of the city, he said.

The driver attempted to flee when soldiers tried to intercept the vehicle but shortly afterwards Antwerp police rapid response team was able to intercept.

Different weapons were discovered in the trunk, including bladed weapons, a riot gun, and a can containing a product that has not yet been identified. The bomb squad is at the scene and additional police and military were deployed in the city.

Given the initial information gathered and taking into account what happened on Wednesday in London, it was decided to give the file to the federal prosecutor's office.

http://www.businessinsider.com/man-was-arrested-after-trying-to-drive-into-a-crowd-in-antwerp-2017-3

Funny, you didn't post about the white supremacist libertarian who went to NYC to kill some black folks, I wonder why?

Have you looked at a map of Europe recently? As far as I'm aware we're still part of an island - our only open borders are with Scotland and Wales and we haven't had issues with them for centuries. The problem is in mainland Europe where there are no border controls.

And what is this "nightmare" you mention? Please enlighten me because I must have missed something.

well from what she told me having grown up in England that heroin is a major issue and a lot foreigners freely crossing the border to
    take advantage of their free healthcare and coincidently the crime rate jumped shortly after opening the borders, is this not true ?
    she made references towards the muslims, is this not true as well ?

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

well from what she told me having grown up in England that heroin is a major issue and a lot foreigners freely crossing the border to
    take advantage of their free healthcare and coincidently the crime rate jumped shortly after opening the borders, is this not true ?

Heroin has been a major issue in the UK for decades. Did you not watch Trainspotting?

"she made references towards the muslims, is this not true as well?" - I don't know; I wasn't there. I would guess that it's very likely that she did make references towards "the muslims". If you tell us what she actually said, then it would be easier to respond to.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

Meh, to each their own.
    unsung said:

Jason P said:

he was born in England....so if you or I were born in

Heroin has been a major issue in the UK for decades. Did you not watch Trainspotting?

"she made references towards the muslims, is this not true as well?" - I don't know; I wasn't there. I would guess that it's very likely that she did make references towards "the muslims". If you tell us what she actually said, then it would be easier to respond to.
    nice, elegant bow as you leave the stage.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

Meh, to each their own.
    I took it as a commentary on our own domestic problem with white Christian terrorists.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I brought up the DP I think. I just thought that was what Annafalk was also alluding to when she said she thinks murdering terrorists are better off dead (or rather, we're better off if they're killed). FWIW, I don't care if someone is killed while they are committing a violent crime, if it stops them from killing or more killing at that moment. Only a psycho would
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

No, not funny. I suppose this is meant to suggest that neo-Nazis (who are also Trump supporters) are basically terrorists on American soil. Well, true enough. But god knows the American media (and pretty much everyone else) doesn't treat white supremacists groups like terrorists when they commit hate crimes, so the "meanwhile on CNN" part is just dumb.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

Where did she live (or what was she on?)? Heroin is not a major issue here and no one can freely cross the border.

Can you expand on the muslim thing too please? Our nutters are, for the timebeing, of the homegrown, supposedly-radicalised variety, not those who are crossing freely into the mainland from north Africa etc.

Tell your friend we also have electricity in some parts now too - things have changed since she left.
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 

Where did she live (or what was she on?)? Heroin is not a major issue here and no one can freely cross the border.

Can you expand on the muslim thing too please? Our nutters are, for the timebeing, of the homegrown, supposedly-radicalised variety, not those who are crossing freely into the mainland from north Africa etc.

Tell your friend we also have electricity in some parts now too - things have changed since she left.
    she had mentioned muslim problems, but she defiantly said crossing without passports and calling it open borders.....so your saying all or most of that is BS ? thanks for the heads up.

edited March 2017

she had mentioned muslim problems, but she defiantly said crossing without passports and calling it open borders.....so your saying all or most of that is BS ? thanks for the heads up.

Up until maybe 2008 or so Canadians didn't need a passport to cross the border, nor did US citizens, and it worked pretty well, but that isn't an open border at all. The checks before we needed passports were just as rigorous as they were after (up until the Trump era that is - now it's so rigorous I'm not really sure I'm even willing to cross the border at all, with nothing to hide, and many other Canadians feel the same way. So many $millions+++++ lost for the USA. Oh well! More money for Canada!
    If she called it that she misspoke or just didn't mean it the way you seem to be imagining it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

There is no open border to the UK, the only way in is by sea, air or the Channel Tunnel, no one can simply drive or walk over like the rest of mainland Europe. And when we leave the EU no one will be able to get out either!
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

Up to 350 civilians dead in Mosul bombings in the last couple weeks.

Over 100 civilians killed in Aleppo last week, including bombings at a school and a mosque.

42 Somali refugees gunned down on a boat by the Saudis last week, using US supplied apaches.

But state sponsored terror doesn't count. Collateral damage.

That is because the State is immoral, as it can kill and steal without repercussions.
    PJ_Soul said:

I brought up the DP I think. I just thought that was what Annafalk was also alluding to when she said she thinks murdering terrorists are better off dead (or rather, we're better off if they're killed). FWIW, I don't care if someone is killed while they are committing a violent crime, if it stops them from killing or more killing at that moment. Only a psycho would

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

No, not funny. I suppose this is meant to suggest that neo-Nazis (who are also Trump supporters) are basically terrorists on American soil. Well, true enough. But god knows the American media (and pretty much everyone else) doesn't treat white supremacists groups like terrorists when they commit hate crimes, so the "meanwhile on CNN" part is just dumb.
    It looked to me like the idea was that CNN is desperate to portray the terrorist as a Trump loving white supremacist as opposed to a radical Muslims, but it is not grounded in reality as the exact opposite is true, American media is desperate not to acknowledge that we are at a far greater risk from homegrown conservative terrorists.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,480
    Welcome to the CESSPOOL. A PJ supported and facilitated cesspool but one nevertheless.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Oh oh! Godfather is multiple quoting. Does that make him smarter than me? Fuck! I think so! I'm done. Finis! No mas! Deplorable! Again! Buuuuuukkkhhhaaaaaakkkkkkki! Sharts in POTUS' pants!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©

Oh oh! Godfather is multiple quoting. Does that make him smarter than me? Fuck! I think so! I'm done. Finis! No mas! Deplorable! Again! Buuuuuukkkhhhaaaaaakkkkkkki! Sharts in POTUS' pants!

your last couple posts are strange to say the least, have you been drinking ?

Overdosed on Faux News. I'm in rehab now.

Brilliantati©
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Haven't we all?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    PJPOWER said:

Just because he has Brown skin and sporting a Beard does not make him a Terrorist...
    edited April 2017
    i_lov_it said:

PJPOWER said:

Just because he has Brown skin and sporting a Beard does not make him a Terrorist...
    You are correct...but the fact that he drove his car over people and stabbed a police officer to make a political/ideological statement does.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    edited April 2017
    St Petersburg terrorist.

Christian? European? Hmmmn.

Probably a straight, white, male, gun owner, huh?

Post edited by unsung on
    Oops CNN just broke their photo...

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

I sincerely have no idea where your head is at when you post shit like this. Are you under some delusional impression that people deny Islamic extremist terrorism exists, or what is your deal??
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

I sincerely have no idea where your head is at when you post shit like this. Are you under some delusional impression that people deny Islamic extremist terrorism exists, or what is your deal??
    In Unsung's alternate reality the only terrorists are radical Muslims. Timothy McVeigh, Ted Kasinski, Eric Rudolph, the Bundy's and the federal reserve occupiers who's name has escaped me not withstanding are heroes and martyers for the cause.

Brilliantati©
  • PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

In Unsung's alternate reality the only terrorists are radical Muslims. Timothy McVeigh, Ted Kasinski, Eric Rudolph, the Bundy's and the federal reserve occupiers who's name has escaped me not withstanding are heroes and martyers for the cause.
    Those names you present are definitely idiots of the highest order, but their acts were isolated incidents spread out over great lengths of time.

Comparing those acts to the magnitude of the daily atrocities committed by the hands of the Islamic idiots is like comparing tee ball to the major leagues.

Let radical Muslims own their current obscenity without pointing to crimes that occurred over 20 years ago.
    "My brain's a good brain!"