I STAND WITH PJ ...NEW SHIRT AT SHOP..fow women international day..EPIC!!

124»

Comments

• killmoretroutkillmoretrout Burque, NM Posts: 160
    riley540 said:

I'm going to try and take a stab at planned parenthood. I understand both sides. It is fantastic that there is a facility that offers offordable healthcare. That isn't an issue at all.

The issue some people have, outside of religion is the illegal selling of dismembered fetuses to scientists. Also former workers testimonies of having to exicute babies that came out onto the table still alive. These stories anger people understandably. I'm not going to dive too deep into my abortion opinion at all, but I have a hard time wanting tax dollars to go to a multi billion dollar organization that isn't lawful. The head of planned parenthood takes home over a million dollars per year, and they independently a privately bring in over a billion dollars, so I fail to see the need to continue funding it via taxes. Same way I feel about the military. Just doesn't seem right.

I get why people don't like planned parenthood. And I also understand why people love planned parenthood. It's a great thing with some shady parts to it.

Hey man, respectfully, I would just like to say there's a ton of bullshit stories floating around making some of these claims. If you see one, read it and carefully consider the source, and ask what they stand to gain if people buy it.

Not sure what you mean about tax dollars going to support an "organization that isn't lawful". They offer cancer screenings, contraception, STD testing, and yes, abortions. But the organization is certainly lawful.
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128

riley540 said:

I'm going to try and take a stab at planned parenthood. I understand both sides. It is fantastic that there is a facility that offers offordable healthcare. That isn't an issue at all.

The issue some people have, outside of religion is the illegal selling of dismembered fetuses to scientists. Also former workers testimonies of having to exicute babies that came out onto the table still alive. These stories anger people understandably. I'm not going to dive too deep into my abortion opinion at all, but I have a hard time wanting tax dollars to go to a multi billion dollar organization that isn't lawful. The head of planned parenthood takes home over a million dollars per year, and they independently a privately bring in over a billion dollars, so I fail to see the need to continue funding it via taxes. Same way I feel about the military. Just doesn't seem right.

I get why people don't like planned parenthood. And I also understand why people love planned parenthood. It's a great thing with some shady parts to it.

Hey man, respectfully, I would just like to say there's a ton of bullshit stories floating around making some of these claims. If you see one, read it and carefully consider the source, and ask what they stand to gain if people buy it.

Not sure what you mean about tax dollars going to support an "organization that isn't lawful". They offer cancer screenings, contraception, STD testing, and yes, abortions. But the organization is certainly lawful.
    I'm just trying to stare some real reasons why there might be some opposition. I respect both sides of the debate. I'm not a female and haven't used planned parenthood, so I just speak of what I've heard and read. 100% respect what you say :)
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138

I love the design and love the concept but won't be buying one as there isn't a women's size. There is no such thing as a unisex t-shirt - men and women in the majority are different shapes :) it has been my experience that unisex t-shirts are mens t-shirts with a different name. While I appreciate that there are women who are quite happy with this and will even choose this sizing over a womens size, I believe women sizes should be made available - especially for something designed to celebrate international women day. Alternatively how about sending extra large womens t-shirts out to all the men and calling them unisex sizes and see how they go down?

I love PJ and love what they are doing! They support loads of awesome causes :) This is not a grip against them as a band - just a request for proper sizes :)

I noticed that immediately and couldn't help but wonder why a shirt for IWD didn't come...in women's sizing.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    IamTom said:

I love the design and love the concept but won't be buying one as there isn't a women's size. There is no such thing as a unisex t-shirt - men and women in the majority are different shapes :) it has been my experience that unisex t-shirts are mens t-shirts with a different name. While I appreciate that there are women who are quite happy with this and will even choose this sizing over a womens size, I believe women sizes should be made available - especially for something designed to celebrate international women day. Alternatively how about sending extra large womens t-shirts out to all the men and calling them unisex sizes and see how they go down?

I love PJ and love what they are doing! They support loads of awesome causes :) This is not a grip against them as a band - just a request for proper sizes :)

I noticed that immediately and couldn't help but wonder why a shirt for IWD didn't come...in women's sizing.
    They are a sexist band.. :(

• DedvwDedvw Posts: 231

Great cause, hideous shirt!

You are right, they should have taken your sweet profile picture and put that on a shirt instead.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Purchased.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Got my shirt today
    I miss igotid88
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    igotid88 said:

Got my shirt today

And than what happened?!
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
    hsohi said:

igotid88 said:

Got my shirt today

And than what happened?!
    It was too big
    I miss igotid88
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I am for non govt subsidized health care clinics. Women should have as many choices as possible. Planned parenthood is like time warner cable, and shouldn't have their meals paid for by the govt. let them fight it out with other small businesses and may the best care win. It's jacked up that pp survives on our taxpayer dollar, let the people decide what options they want available. Too much govt in our lives, leave us alone.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    You probably won't feel that way 40 years from is when your grandkids can't find a job because of technology. Give me that stipend!
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295

I am for non govt subsidized health care clinics. Women should have as many choices as possible. Planned parenthood is like time warner cable, and shouldn't have their meals paid for by the govt. let them fight it out with other small businesses and may the best care win. It's jacked up that pp survives on our taxpayer dollar, let the people decide what options they want available. Too much govt in our lives, leave us alone.

You think time Warner doesn't get subsidies?
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    NewJPage said:

People generally are clueless to the amount of corporate welfare in this country... they seem to only care when it involves abortion or "welfare queens" aka brown people milking the system... (funny how I never hear people complain about the poor white people in Appalachia receiving the much needed help they receive)

Guess what part of federal spending has the most waste, abuse, and fraud? Defense and security spending... but nobody wants to talk about that, they just want to cheer when we raise spending there by 50 billion and cut programs that actually help everyday Americans in need

Don't blame me, I voted for Bernie
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    NewJPage said:

Read what I said, I said they're alike, meaning they both shouldn't have subsidies and should have more competition and more available care for women. This is moving into AMT territory, so I'ma leave it alone. Happy Sunday ya'll.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295

NewJPage said:

Read what I said, I said they're alike, meaning they both shouldn't have subsidies and should have more competition and more available care for women. This is moving into AMT territory, so I'ma leave it alone. Happy Sunday ya'll.
    Without PP there would be far less. That's why it is a big deal. The government has always been involved in promoting certain segments of the economy and always will be. The issue is which are actually beneficial to the general welfare of the country.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Regarding the sizing can anyone that has received theirs already tell me if the Mens small is larger than
    Small in other PJ tee shirts.. Thanks in advance..
    i bought x large and it fits fine
    I miss igotid88
    Do u normally wear a xlge in PJ shirts..
    it says in shop that ladies sizes run larger, but is that because they are really guys shirts so u need to buy smaller?
    aus_suz said:

Do u normally wear a xlge in PJ shirts..
    it says in shop that ladies sizes run larger, but is that because they are really guys shirts so u need to buy smaller?

yes. I'm a male. so i don't know about women's sizes
    I miss igotid88
    Was it the same fit as u would normally wear in a PJ tee shirt?
    aus_suz said:

Was it the same fit as u would normally wear in a PJ tee shirt?

Yea it fits pretty much the same
    I miss igotid88
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    my2hands said:

NewJPage said:

People generally are clueless to the amount of corporate welfare in this country... they seem to only care when it involves abortion or "welfare queens" aka brown people milking the system... (funny how I never hear people complain about the poor white people in Appalachia receiving the much needed help they receive)

Guess what part of federal spending has the most waste, abuse, and fraud? Defense and security spending... but nobody wants to talk about that, they just want to cheer when we raise spending there by 50 billion and cut programs that actually help everyday Americans in need

Don't blame me, I voted for Bernie
    Exactly this. The term "corporate welfare" is a spot on description of the taxpayer money that is funneled into the gaping maws of corporations. But yeah, let's get pissed off about women's healthcare services and taking care of the less fortunate people in this country.

Anyway, I'm rockin' my shirt today at work. Since I'm an educator, I get to explain to the kids what a Pearl Jam is and also talk to them about equality. Working in a high poverty, urban school means that the kids already know a lot about inequality.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • killmoretroutkillmoretrout Burque, NM Posts: 160
    Even uglier in real life, but I wore mine yesterday. #IStandWithQuestionableFashion4GoodCauses
  • I like it!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    hey they posted a similar picture last year.  IS this the same picture/taken on same day?  Or is this a new picture?  I remember MC was missing from the last picture too but wondering if it is a coincidence or what.  Can anyone find that pic?
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    verceman said:
    hey they posted a similar picture last year.  IS this the same picture/taken on same day?  Or is this a new picture?  I remember MC was missing from the last picture too but wondering if it is a coincidence or what.  Can anyone find that pic?
    nvm... this picture is the exact same as the one posted last year.