Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,553

46 and 2 is pretty deep as well.

Lateralus? Ride the spiral to the end we may just go where no ones been!

* The spiral has kind of slowed down a bit. A local show or... of course... a release would get that thing spiralling again.

Lateralus(LP) is so mystic..

''This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
    Embrace this moment. Remember, we are eternal,
    all this pain is an illusion.''
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    edited February 2017
    My old friend Fibonacci. The golden ratio. The divine proportion.

black
    then
    white are
    all i see
    in my in-fan-cy
    red and yel-low then came to be
    reach-ing out to me
    lets me see
    there is
    so
    much
    more and
    bec-kons me
    to look through to these
    in-fin-ite pos-si-bil-i-ties

Spiral out. Keep going.

Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    PJNB said:

Is it finally happening and if so how far out are we from a new album? I would love to get a new song or two at Boston Calling.

16 February, 2017 (11:02am)
    TOOL MOVES GEAR INTO NEW SPACE - MAYNARD WORKING ON VOCALS
    In speaking with Danny last night, he told me that the band has temporarily MOVED some of their gear into a larger space (across town) where MAYNARD is working on VOCALS for some of the new Tool material. I'm sure that he has already been doing this to some extent, but now he has more room to breathe and a better vocal booth.
    BMB

toolband.com/news/index.html

SCHWING!
  • Options
    PJNB said:

PJNB said:

Is it finally happening and if so how far out are we from a new album? I would love to get a new song or two at Boston Calling.

In speaking with Danny last night, he told me that the band has temporarily MOVED some of their gear into a larger space (across town) where MAYNARD is working on VOCALS for some of the new Tool material. I'm sure that he has already been doing this to some extent, but now he has more room to breathe and a better vocal booth.
    BMB

You beat me to it! I just saw this, and it's good news for sure.

They debuted a new instrumental "Descending" at the Monster Mash in '15, I wouldn't be surprised if they play an updated version of that in May.

Who knows? More than anything, I hope they get at least a good 90 minutes @ BC (which I think they will).

Did you buy a weekend pass, or are you holding out for single day tickets?
    Ya I am holding out. I would love to go to all 3 days but my wife is in a wedding on that Saturday. Right now there is a 50/50 chance that Tool is playing on Sunday fingers crossed with Chance confirmed on Friday. Are you going?
    I'll be there, even if I have to Stubhub it..... I won't be missing Tool playing this close to home.

I'll be pretty surprised if they AREN'T playing Sunday night; It's usually the biggest act that closes out a festival.

Good luck scoring tickets, if I see the info for single day sales, I'll be sure to post it here!
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532
    Friday 3/3 10:00 AM lineup & single day tickets released for Boston Calling.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,852

PJNB said:

PJNB said:

BMB

They debuted a new instrumental "Descending" at the Monster Mash in '15, I wouldn't be surprised if they play an updated version of that in May.

Who knows? More than anything, I hope they get at least a good 90 minutes @ BC (which I think they will).

Ya I am holding out. I would love to go to all 3 days but my wife is in a wedding on that Saturday. Right now there is a 50/50 chance that Tool is playing on Sunday fingers crossed with Chance confirmed on Friday. Are you going?
    I'll be there, even if I have to Stubhub it..... I won't be missing Tool playing this close to home.

I'll be pretty surprised if they AREN'T playing Sunday night; It's usually the biggest act that closes out a festival.

Good luck scoring tickets, if I see the info for single day sales, I'll be sure to post it here!
    Ya I am really banking on them playing Sunday night. I plan on driving to Portland and catching the bus to south station

Came here to post the exact same thing. Anyone with experience know if there is a high chance that this will sell out in seconds?
  • Options
    PJNB said:

PJNB said:

PJNB said:

BMB

Ya I am really banking on them playing Sunday night. I plan on driving to Portland and catching the bus to south station

Came here to post the exact same thing. Anyone with experience know if there is a high chance that this will sell out in seconds?
    My gut tells me no, but I still plan to be online at 10 am, I'm not going to chance it. I wish the schedule was released in advance of the sale instead of the same time, but I'm not too worried about it.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    That was easy. I received my single day with no issues. I just went with regular GA. Not to sure if VIP would have been worth it to get closer.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Now that the single day tickets have been sold for the festivals, hopefully they will announce some stand alone shows
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    PJNB said:

That was easy. I received my single day with no issues. I just went with regular GA. Not to sure if VIP would have been worth it to get closer.

Yes it was very easy...... I don't think the weekend passes were selling. They kept saying 'if' single day tix went on sale it would be much closer to the festival, so I wasn't expecting them until April at the earliest.

It's always a good day for me when I score a ticket to see Tool!
  • Options
    New Tool Tour info incoming toolband.com/news/
  • Options
  • Options
    PJNB said:

New Tool Tour info incoming toolband.com/news/

Interesting, I wonder if the album is closer than we think. Nothing would surprise me with this band. In late 2011 they announced their January '12 tour two days before the on sale date (maybe three days, but it was the same week).

If they end up playing arenas on this tour, I'll be a little bummed we're only getting a festival appearance in Boston, but I'll take it over no show at all (Plus, if it's half as good as the Monster Mash show in 2015, we'll be doing ok)
  • Options
    My guess is these tour dates are just built around the two festival shows. Would guess any album would not be till then end of this year at the earliest.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    Has TOOL announced what day they are playing at Governors?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,983
    been over 10 years since i've seen them. Last time they were near me i skipped it cause i wasn't a fan of the city/arena (Camden, NJ). Hopefully they play in philly.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    Hearing rumors of Buffalo/Darien Lake and Chicago/Allstate Arena... It's been a decade since they've played Michigan, so I'm hoping for that. Or at least Toledo again. Hell, I'd go to London, ON even. Tool should be the one to close out the Joe!
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    A week later and Sunday tix are still available. Just bought a single for Sunday. Looking forward to seeing Tool, Weezer, and Run the Jewels all in there same place
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    youngster said:

A week later and Sunday tix are still available. Just bought a single for Sunday. Looking forward to seeing Tool, Weezer, and Run the Jewels all in there same place

I've only heard one or two songs by RTJ, but I'm really interested to see them. I want to get more familiar w/ their stuff.

It will be fun to see Weezer again....... the last & only time I saw them was 21 years ago when they only had one album.........damn I feel old.

Does anyone know who's playing drums for Weezer these days? If Josh Freese is playing BC w/ them I would be pretty f'ing psyched. That guy is amazing.

Edit: disregard, looks like Freese is touring w/ Sting this spring.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    I'm hoping the tour news gives me a reason to get excited.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695

youngster said:

I've only heard one or two songs by RTJ, but I'm really interested to see them. I want to get more familiar w/ their stuff.

It will be fun to see Weezer again....... the last & only time I saw them was 21 years ago when they only had one album.........damn I feel old.

Does anyone know who's playing drums for Weezer these days? If Josh Freese is playing BC w/ them I would be pretty f'ing psyched. That guy is amazing.

You can download all 3 of RTJ's albums for free off their website...
  • Options

youngster said:

You can download all 3 of RTJ's albums for free off their website...
    No $hit??? Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Cheers to that... hoping they at least come through the Philly area... and hopefully come through again after the new album is released 8 years from now lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Cheers to that... hoping they at least come through the Philly area... and hopefully come through again after the new album is released 8 years from now lol
    If the new album is on par with their other albums, it will have been worth the wait.

Like sand through the hour glass...
  • Options

my2hands said:

If the new album is on par with their other albums, it will have been worth the wait.

This is the thing....... after all these years of waiting, it almost has to be epic. If it isn't a lot of fans will almost certainly jump ship.
  • Options

my2hands said:

This is the thing....... after all these years of waiting, it almost has to be epic. If it isn't a lot of fans will almost certainly jump ship.
    It would certainly signify something... and nothing great whatever it would be.
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    edited March 2017

I am not sure how old you are but I don't think any Tool (or Pearl Jam) fan should ever "jump ship." I think this is what happens with younger fans more into mainstream music. These bands has already proven longevity, they have discography far superior then 99% of bands (yes I am bias). I doubt any of these fans are interested in disposable music. It's amazing I can pop in Undertow or Vitalogy and marvel how they stood test of time. Let them make subpar album. I will always appreciate their music as a whole and will take whatever they release whenever they release.
    Post edited by FrankY59 on
  • Options
    I thought 10,000 Days was kinda lackluster. But I'll still buy the new album (if it ever happens) on release day.
  • Options
    Pittsburgh 6/5/17 is listed on Tickemaster right now, on sale Friday. so should be soon.
  • Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16