I STAND WITH PJ ...NEW SHIRT AT SHOP..fow women international day..EPIC!!

Comments

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    j1kotwic said:

NewJPage said:

j1kotwic said:

It annoys me that people look at PP as Abortions R Us. Only 3% of PPs services are abortions. You kinda have to be a grade A asshole to have a problem with people pursuing affordable women's health services.

They do 50% of the abortions in America. That's what most people are upset with, not the other services.

That's where I'm at. I'm sure PP does a lot of good for a lot of people. But aborting babies cannot be justified with other good deeds in my mind.
    You must be glad that abortion rate is at a historic low due to unwanted pregnancy prevention, which is a big part of PP, right?
    Sure. Like I said, aborting babies cannot be justified with other good deeds in my mind. I understand and respect that other people (and I suspect you) see it differently. But I refuse to support PP.
    But by not supporting PP, you are denying millions of women their only source of health care. You are also increasing the number of unplanned pregnancies, and therefore the number of abortions.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    j1kotwic said:

NewJPage said:

j1kotwic said:

It annoys me that people look at PP as Abortions R Us. Only 3% of PPs services are abortions. You kinda have to be a grade A asshole to have a problem with people pursuing affordable women's health services.

They do 50% of the abortions in America. That's what most people are upset with, not the other services.

That's where I'm at. I'm sure PP does a lot of good for a lot of people. But aborting babies cannot be justified with other good deeds in my mind.
    You must be glad that abortion rate is at a historic low due to unwanted pregnancy prevention, which is a big part of PP, right?
    Sure. Like I said, aborting babies cannot be justified with other good deeds in my mind. I understand and respect that other people (and I suspect you) see it differently. But I refuse to support PP.
    Do you think a woman has the right to medical privacy?
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

I hope this doesnt mean supporting Margaret Sanger too... Because holy shit she was horrible

Well as one of the women who founded Planned Parenthood and fought for the rights of women against a bullshit government almost a 100 years ago i can happily say i support the work that Margaret Sanger did. An inspiration to keep up the fight today being that the current government is fucked as ever.
    Does not negate her racist beliefs
    Do you take issue with "Founding Fathers" and former Presidents regarded as great men and leaders being slave owners?
    Absolutely I do

The reason she started it is horrible and her beliefs were just as bad
    Do you think George Washington should be considered a hero and remain on the $1 bill despite being a slave owner?
    Well to be honest I dont think any president should be on our currency, but thats a different topic.

I know your end goal is to try to get me to talk myself into a knot, so im not going to comtinue this back and forth with you. Different people, different situations and I have different view on each one. But I highly doubt anyone wants me getting that off topic and bogging the thread with extra that probably belongs on AMT.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    edited March 2017

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

I hope this doesnt mean supporting Margaret Sanger too... Because holy shit she was horrible

Well as one of the women who founded Planned Parenthood and fought for the rights of women against a bullshit government almost a 100 years ago i can happily say i support the work that Margaret Sanger did. An inspiration to keep up the fight today being that the current government is fucked as ever.
    Do you take issue with "Founding Fathers" and former Presidents regarded as great men and leaders being slave owners?
    Absolutely I do

Do you think George Washington should be considered a hero and remain on the $1 bill despite being a slave owner?
    Well to be honest I dont think any president should be on our currency, but thats a different topic.

I know your end goal is to try to get me to talk myself into a knot, so im not going to comtinue this back and forth with you. Different people, different situations and I have different view on each one. But I highly doubt anyone wants me getting that off topic and bogging the thread with extra that probably belongs on AMT.
    Not debating or trying to... just asking to see if there is consistency

I just find it hard to be at odds with Planned Parenthood because of the beliefs of the founder so long ago when that person and beliefs have absolutely nothing to do with PP in its current form and services provided... does that even matter to anybody in 2017? Seems like a strange beef to hold onto
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

Absolutely I do

Not debating or trying to... just asking to see if their is consistency

I just find it hard to be at odds with Planned Parenthood because of the beliefs of the founder so long ago when that person and beliefs have absolutely nothing to do with PP in its current form and services provided... does that even matter to anybody in 2017? Seems like a strange beef to hold onto
    More of an add on to some of the reasons i disagree with PP rather than a sole reason. Person to person basis is still all I can really say in how I regard other people in history.

I understand PP offers some great services, im not blind to that fact. I just don't believe in everything they do, so I would rather my money go to different organizations.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • killmoretroutkillmoretrout Burque, NM Posts: 160
    edited March 2017
    Abortion is a deeply personal and difficult issue, but it is so most for the women who have to make that decision. I've struggled some personally with my own stance on abortion, but as a male, I've always voted to support a woman's right to choose because it's not my body, it's not my decision, and it's not my life to lead after the child is born. And it sure as hell shouldn't be Paul Ryan or Mike Pence's decision to make either.

With regards to PP, as has been said, abortion is a fraction of the hugely important services they offer, and it's crucial that women can still receive these, especially in light of the attack on support for these services from the current administration.

Thanks, PJ, for standing up and supporting women.
    Post edited by killmoretrout on
  • LK203530LK203530 Posts: 1
    I LOVE the cover photo of all of the guys (minus Matt and Boom) in the shirt (and esp. Ed in the pussyhat)!! I'd love to know who the ladies are - they are a lucky bunch to work with/be around such progressive, supportive men.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I've always voted to support a woman's right to choose because it's not my body, it's not my decision, and it's not my life to lead after the child is born.

This should be the end to all pro-life abortion discussions as nothing can beat that answer.

I had a great chat with a pro-life protester outside a pregnancy clinic in London once:
    Me: "do you believe all life is sacred:
    protester: "yes"
    Me: "do you believe killing sentient beings is against gods will"
    Me: "are you a vegetarian"
    protester: "No"
    Me: "bye"

Lets swing this back to the topic at hand anyway. Great shirts, a noble cause and as was pointed out to me when I took umbridge with EV prices for the London show, you don't like it, don't buy it.
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • realisthisrealisthis Posts: 136
    edited March 2017

I've always voted to support a woman's right to choose because it's not my body, it's not my decision, and it's not my life to lead after the child is born.

This should be the end to all pro-life abortion discussions as nothing can beat that answer.

I had a great chat with a pro-life protester outside a pregnancy clinic in London once:

Lets swing this back to the topic at hand anyway. Great shirts, a noble cause and as was pointed out to me when I took umbridge with EV prices for the London show, you don't like it, don't buy it.
    A swing and a MISS ladies and gentleman. Thanks for playing!
    Vegetarianism has NOTHING at all to do with judeo Christian beliefs!

Post edited by realisthis on
  • I've always voted to support a woman's right to choose because it's not my body, it's not my decision, and it's not my life to lead after the child is born.

You are right, vegetarianism has nothing to do with judeo christian beliefs........THANKFULLY
    The moralistic argument of someone choosing to protect an unborn life and eating a bigmac on the way to the protest is beyond funny
    We are never going to agree here and thats the fun of the world.

Back to the topic at hand please......
    lovely shirts
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
    edited March 2017

I've always voted to support a woman's right to choose because it's not my body, it's not my decision, and it's not my life to lead after the child is born.

You are right, vegetarianism has nothing to do with judeo christian beliefs........THANKFULLY
    The moralistic argument of someone choosing to protect an unborn life and eating a bigmac on the way to the protest is beyond funny

lovely shirts
    This IS the topic at hand my friend... as a society we need these discussions... now more then ever
  • my2hands said:

lovely shirts
    This IS the topic at hand my friend... as a society we need these discussions... now more then ever
    I agree, entirely, which is something I've never ever said to a pro-lifer before hahahaha.

I just think this argument is for another thread in another forum.

I think its clear what both of our stances are and we aren't going to change the others mind or come to any sort of acceptable conclusion that we both agree on so before the mud slinging begins I want to put a stop to it :)
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
    No need to mud sling... some folks like us believe in a woman's absolute right to medical privacy... some don't

• Some of the comments on that pic over on that other social networking site that shall not be named....brutal. I don't understand why people are so surprised that PJ supports PP. They've never been shy or quiet about their causes/beliefs.
    I'm through with screaming
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847

Some of the comments on that pic over on that other social networking site that shall not be named....brutal. I don't understand why people are so surprised that PJ supports PP. They've never been shy or quiet about their causes/beliefs.
    Can't be named? Is it eBay? I think we can't name that one... Wait, is it Facebook? Is it that one?
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Probably Facebook, that place is full of dysfunction :)
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited March 2017
    We can call ebay by name. We can't post links to ebay auctions. Always drives me nuts when people say "on that auction site."

We can call ebay by name. We can't post links to ebay auctions. Always drives me nuts when people say "on that auction site."

I was totally kidding.

"The site that shall not be named" Reading that reminds me of Monty Pythons Holy Grail with the knight that says "NONE SHALL PASS!"
  • Sorry for being vague but I remember seeing some posts a while back about the Facebook page so I didn't know if I should say or not. Anyway, I don't know if anyone else saw it but there were derogatory comments about the women in the picture and the calling of women names in general. Pretty disgusting.
    I'm through with screaming
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

What are you gonna do, bleed on me?

• oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited March 2017

Sorry for being vague but I remember seeing some posts a while back about the Facebook page so I didn't know if I should say or not. Anyway, I don't know if anyone else saw it but there were derogatory comments about the women in the picture and the calling of women names in general. Pretty disgusting.

I had gone over to look. Didn't see that^. Probably a good thing. Thank you to the band for making this shirt available and for supporting Planned Parenthood. We're going to need all the help we can get. Can't wait to wear this shirt to the next march or town hall meeting.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    I'm going to try and take a stab at planned parenthood. I understand both sides. It is fantastic that there is a facility that offers offordable healthcare. That isn't an issue at all.

The issue some people have, outside of religion is the illegal selling of dismembered fetuses to scientists. Also former workers testimonies of having to exicute babies that came out onto the table still alive. These stories anger people understandably. I'm not going to dive too deep into my abortion opinion at all, but I have a hard time wanting tax dollars to go to a multi billion dollar organization that isn't lawful. The head of planned parenthood takes home over a million dollars per year, and they independently a privately bring in over a billion dollars, so I fail to see the need to continue funding it via taxes. Same way I feel about the military. Just doesn't seem right.

I get why people don't like planned parenthood. And I also understand why people love planned parenthood. It's a great thing with some shady parts to it.
    Love the band for taking a stand in what they believe in!
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    riley540 said:

Exactly... like cancelling the NC show.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
    hsohi said:

riley540 said:

Exactly... like cancelling the NC show.
    Ok, that was lame, didn't really make a difference, and negatively affected good fans. Not as cool

• ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    my2hands said:

No need to mud sling... some folks like us believe in a woman's absolute right to medical privacy... some don't

^^^ This.......
  • I love the design and love the concept but won't be buying one as there isn't a women's size. There is no such thing as a unisex t-shirt - men and women in the majority are different shapes :) it has been my experience that unisex t-shirts are mens t-shirts with a different name. While I appreciate that there are women who are quite happy with this and will even choose this sizing over a womens size, I believe women sizes should be made available - especially for something designed to celebrate international women day. Alternatively how about sending extra large womens t-shirts out to all the men and calling them unisex sizes and see how they go down?

I love PJ and love what they are doing! They support loads of awesome causes :) This is not a grip against them as a band - just a request for proper sizes :)
    168dcfb.jpg